Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

New Bike Review: Orange Flavor Buck-Fiddy

Fall is allright.

I like the winter though. Snow is fun, never know if you are going to get stuck in a hole or not. Your hands hurt because its cold and you have not installed the grip heaters that you bought 6 years ago:laughing: I love it

Perfect weather:smokin:

Resized_20180211_114704_2210100471912153.jpeg

Winter is fun for sure. My only gripe is that our trails get really snowed in above 2000ft or so, and the road snow is usually the heavy slush that sucks to break through.

Stud the front tire and let it eat:flipoff2:

Studs in the rear tire are awesome too, but everybody without them bitches ALOT:lmao:

Stud the front tire and let it eat:flipoff2:

Studs in the rear tire are awesome too, but everybody without them bitches ALOT:lmao:

That's a damn good idea. I have the stock Dunlops that I would gladly sacrifice for studding. Hmm...

We used to run them in the winter. Now I run them year round on the front tire.

Need to make sure you have enough tall enough lugs. To short and you will have issues.

20230729_164926.jpg

Last edited:
Feeling kinda shitty today - a sinus headache and foggy brain sap my motivation. But I managed to get out for a few hours anyway.

I passed an old singletrack trail that I always meant to explore so I climbed it to have a look see. A few hundred yards up I came to this hillside that could be an amazing little playground. It has tons of blowdown that needs cleared, and the surface is 1" of needles on top of 3-4" of soft loam. I may drag a rake and a saw up there this winter and clear some lines.

PXL_20230730_184142874.jpg

PXL_20230730_184123978.jpg

A rake? Wtf dude, its a dirt bike:flipoff2:

Looks like a neat spot though.

Dude, I'm also a MTB guy. I like prepping trails. 😁

l guess all I really NEED to do is cut the larger trees/branches and get them out of the way. And I could hand saw most of that to avoid noise. The hard rake would be nice to clear the needles and smaller stuff though.

I'm not sure if these lil bikes could pull a 120:lmao:

I had the tire size debate when I got the Goldentyre, and just stuck with 110. These bikes definitely don't need more rubber in the rear.

The 90 width front is nice for braking bite though.

Irc measures shit different:flipoff2:

Hey, my tire just measures small because it's cold outside.

But seriously, I've also seen a some variety in moto tire measurement. Some companies measure the carcass, some measure the knob outer width, or some do like BFG and measure at max pressure.

At 13psi, my Goldentyre GT333N 110/100-18 is 100mm at the carcass and 125mm at the outer edges of the knobs.

Thats what I mean a IRC VE33 110-100 is wider than most other 110-100's.

Course I ordered a 100/100 M5B a while back because it was cheap. Fucker was about as wide as a front tire :laughing:

Interesting:smokin:

For sure, this will be a potential game changer for the market. I really like the ability to tweak oil injection profiles, though the TSP tunes already inject more oil than the OEM tube.

Yea, I'm trying not to spend any money, but I think I'm going to get it.

Do it!!!

The base TSP tune alone is awesome, especially if you also do the Injector Relocation Kit at the same time. Which is a small additional price since you're already paying for the tune. And since you have a higher compression head your bike will effectively have the same setup as mine.

Also get a map switch, if you haven't already.

I'll stop spending your money for now. :flipoff2:

What does the injector relocation kit do?

It does this:

Puts the injector in a different place:flipoff2:

:flipoff2:

It moves the right side TPI injector into the air boot directly behind the throttle body. This changes the feel of the power delivery a bit to be more immediate, like a well tuned carb or TBI bike (but smoother). The corresponding ECU tune fires the injectors sequentially now, so at idle the left injector keeps the bike running and then the right injector phases in as throttle increases.

I've never heard of anyone who didn't like the result of the Injector Relocation Kit. The most expensive part of it is the tune, but you're already buying that. The IRK hardware is $180.

General update for my bike:

No riding so far in August. Our trails are stupidly dry and powdery, red flag warnings are popping up left and right, and we've also been enjoying some family time.

The 150 got a tiny tweak. A common bark buster gripe is that they stiffen up the feel of the bars. I've tried adding nylon washers around the guard to allow some rotation, and now I added a lock nut to keep the bolt tight in the mount without needing to be tight around the guard. It seems to flex better in the shop. We'll see if I even notice it on the trail.

PXL_20230825_183519611.jpg

PXL_20230825_183525618.jpg

you have to much time on your hands :flipoff2:

20 minutes here and there, anything to get out of the (home) office. I'm at that weird life stage where I can make some free time, but rarely in a long enough block to really dive into anything worthwhile...

Parts are ordered, no thanks to you:flipoff2:

Still running the stock plug or did you change that?

Parts are ordered, no thanks to you:flipoff2:

Still running the stock plug or did you change that?

I changed to the plug that TSP recommends and tuned with, which is a BPR9EIX plug gapped to ~0.75mm.

The stock GR8DI-12 plug is spec'ed for a 1.2mm gap for emissions BS.

I bugged Steve at SBMoto about it and he highly recommended to run the BPR9EIX. TSP in Australia says that you can run a BPR8EIX if you're babying the bike but I don't think that applies to you.

No huge updates to my bike. I've been riding around with my daughter on the back and she's fully stoked on dirt bikes now. I'll be picking up an XR70 from a buddy in the next week or so, give it a once over, and turn the kiddo loose on the property.

You cant beat an XR for a kid bike:smokin:

I will order some plugs! This poor bike is doomed, there will be no babying :lmao:

The thing I love most about these 150s is that you can flog it, rev out each shift more than a bigger bike, and it doesn't care. And even with that, I'm not going fast enough to get over my head. It's fun.

When I was a teenager, we had an XR70 for my little brother. I rode it more than he did. I'm excited for this, but my daughter will definitely flip out. I told her early this year that once she can ride everywhere on the property on her MTB, she'd be ready for a dirt bike. She's 90% there so I'll call that good. She's 8 with a solid build so a 50 would have been fine, but a little small. It sucks that there are no new 70s on the market but a friend has this 03 that needs a home. I'll gear it down a bit, throw on new rubber, tune it up, maybe add a throttle stop, and teach her to ride.

Top Back Refresh