What's new

Naders

I heard that Enid was in the crrosshairs yesterday so Vance AFB gave the order to launch all aircraft to keep it from being destroyed. Anything end up touching down in that area?

I heard that Enid was in the crrosshairs yesterday so Vance AFB gave the order to launch all aircraft to keep it from being destroyed. Anything end up touching down in that area?
Tinker did the same thing. It's pretty normal. I heard at least on B1 fly over my house last night before the storms came through.

Wichita was in the center of the NoNo zone but didn't get anything. Thank goodness.

Family in Bartlesville just barely missed a real mess.

Hope everyone is all right, if someone needs something, just shout.

About to go inside, and the sirens went off again. No rain, and it's calm outside.

News is saying possible 'naders 5 miles east of us. I'm confused. :homer:

Whenever it was...last week or 2 weeks ago, rotation was observed by radar just south of me. Apparently half the county's sirens went off except it was actually in the 2 counties south of me.

Kid woke me up to tell me about the sirens. Checked the radar and went back to sleep.

Last edited:
Kid woke me up to tell me about the sirens. Checked the radar and went back to sleep.
Spring of 2009 I was doing street light maintenace in Denver, I am just buttoning up the light, all the sudden the sirens start. I'm looking all around the area nothing, it wasn't till I was on the ground and looked at my phone I realised it was noon on Friday!

Here we go again. Supposedly some stronger stuff for our area. At least the four of us (should be) at the house and can duck in the basement if need be.

About an hour south of me.

Hope no one was waiting on anything from FedEx out of this warehouse...

Great. I finally get to go home today and this is the potential shit show I get to go back to.....

Screenshot_20240508-153920_WeatherBug.jpg

Siren here in Ozark. Just got to the apartment and neighbors said it's just west of us. Gonna pull up Ryan Hall and keep an eye on it. No wind, rain, hail, or anything else at the .moment

Hell of a storm blowing through Grove right now. Heard a nader touched down in Miami earlier, not sure how true but from where I was it looked wicked that direction.

Some heavy hail in Ozark. Ryan Hall announced rotation right over top of where our house is and our neighbor called me up saying the local news showed rotation and 75+mph winds on top of our houses. I don't image much of anything happened. Get to find out in the morning.

Guess this is what was heading for us when I was leaving Lowe's in Ozark. Didn't do much damage out our way. Nothing compared to the recent stuff in OK and the east.

We had big hail and lots of rain but the spinners went north and south of us this time. River is 11' higher than it was 3 days ago.

Bump. There is supposed to be one on the ground 10 miles north of me. I can't see anything but dark clouds of hate.

Bump. There is supposed to be one on the ground 10 miles north of me. I can't see anything but dark clouds of hate.
They had several touch down in Denver in the late 80s we lived north of town and could watch them through the second floor window. It was really weird to watch one set down near one of our guard sites

They had several touch down in Denver in the late 80s we lived north of and could watch them through the second floor window. It was really weird to watch one set down near one of our guard sites

Yeah I remember as a kid in the 80s 7 different naders hit the metro area within a couple of hours. I also remember one raising hell at Broadway and Evans. That might have been early 90s though. There has been a few out by DIA for sure.

Now that I'm out on the plains it's far more of a threat. I've been here for 2 years and have had 3 hit pretty close by.

I also remember one raising hell at Broadway and Evans. That might have been early 90s though. There has been a few out by DIA for sure.

Now that I'm out on the plains it's far more of a threat. I've been here for 2 years and have had 3 hit pretty close by.
Was that where the big yellow building was?
I'm trying to remember the town out east that was pretty much wiped off the map. All the news people tried to claim they were first on site, but it was a Ham radio storm chase team

As far as actual damage last night, I think most of the state got off fairly lightly. The storm that started all the concern was a county deep in the Texas panhandle, and convered the state West to East in about 7 hours. At one point, there was a funnel cloud that was fucking wiiiiiiiide. Thankfully, it was in the middle over nowhere, just headed towards civilization.

I'll see if I can find a picture of that thing.

1716206619159.jpeg

edit: not seeing any mention of fatalities, which is good.

Top Back Refresh