What's new

My turn for a car buying opinion thread...buying a Ford Raptor vs a regular F-150

Raptor only comes with a 5.5 bed. F150 has optional 6.5 bed. That would sell me on the F150 honestly. I actually use my truck to haul stuff. Take the savings and buy a RZR or something.

If you think that you are going to get a trx for anything less than 20k over sticker you are high. You need to shop around and play hard ball with dealers to get a new raptor for more.
dealers have gotten too used to people paying their gouge for limited production vehicles. :smokin:

Raptor only comes with a 5.5 bed. F150 has optional 6.5 bed. That would sell me on the F150 honestly. I actually use my truck to haul stuff. Take the savings and buy a RZR or something.

Because that 1' is ​​​​​​just earth shattering? :flipoff2:​​​​​​

If that's the case, get a 3/4T with an 8' bed.

Because that 1' is ​​​​​​just earth shattering? :flipoff2:​​​​​​

If that's the case, get a 3/4T with an 8' bed.

Well that's what I drive now, but he was asking for half ton input. 18" is earth shattering. I can get a ton more packed into an 8' bed than I can a 6.5.

Well that's what I drive now, but he was asking for half ton input. 18" is earth shattering. I can get a ton more packed into an 8' bed than I can a 6.5.

I just keep hearing people make a huge deal out of the 6.5 vs 5.5 bed, I don't think it's a huge deal for a 1/2t. We have the 5.5 and my 97 is 8. I love having the 8' bed for a lot of shit, but the 5.5 does most things fine and I end up just using a trailer more than either for anything big.

Now for work, my company truck 8' bed was almost too small. Once you add 100 gal tank, tool box and air comp.

I just keep hearing people make a huge deal out of the 6.5 vs 5.5 bed, I don't think it's a huge deal for a 1/2t. We have the 5.5 and my 97 is 8. I love having the 8' bed for a lot of shit, but the 5.5 does most things fine and I end up just using a trailer more than either for anything big.

Now for work, my company truck 8' bed was almost too small. Once you add 100 gal tank, tool box and air comp.

I literally love 8’ beds for hauling lumber. We have 3/4 tons and can load up wood in the back, shut the tailgate, and just go. If we need to lock it up, we can with a bed cover (because wood is almost made of gold lately).

Top Back Refresh