What's new

My Marsfab buggy

Care to elaborate? Not disagreeing with you, just curious on your reasons.
Main issue is lack of gear reduction. The only gear reduction is from the axle gearing, which was 5.29 Toyota axles. When I bought the transaxle buggy, it was on 39.5 Irok (non-sticky) and I switched to 37" Trep sticky (measured out close to 35" on the buggy) to aid in the gearing. A lot of situations, it wasn't geared low enough to have enough "torque" to actually crawl up and over an obstacle. On anything other than smooth, flat ground, I could only use 1st gear even when trying to drive between trails.

The rear steer axle compensated for this in a lot of situations but after wheeling it for a few years, I decided it just wasn't the kind of rig I wanted to continue to wheel.

Main issue is lack of gear reduction. The only gear reduction is from the axle gearing, which was 5.29 Toyota axles. When I bought the transaxle buggy, it was on 39.5 Irok (non-sticky) and I switched to 37" Trep sticky (measured out close to 35" on the buggy) to aid in the gearing. A lot of situations, it wasn't geared low enough to have enough "torque" to actually crawl up and over an obstacle. On anything other than smooth, flat ground, I could only use 1st gear even when trying to drive between trails.

The rear steer axle compensated for this in a lot of situations but after wheeling it for a few years, I decided it just wasn't the kind of rig I wanted to continue to wheel.

The idea of the trans axle is the "ring and pinion" is roughly 4:1 and acts as the low range. Having had a 4 cyl auto with a 4:1 only tcase, I can see how it wouldn't be low enough in a lot of situations.

What engine and trans did you use?

1.6 dohc ZC engine (JDM engine) and automatic transmission from an 88-91 Civic.

Started on the plumbing and made the fan shroud.

IMG_20210909_103216.jpg
IMG_20210909_103145.jpg
IMG_20210908_134246.jpg
IMG_20210916_105518.jpg
IMG_20210910_093019.jpg
IMG_20210916_140627.jpg

Tin work is coming out fantastic.:beer:

May I ask what you're doing to get the grill and fuel cap bracket to come out looking like they do? Kind of has a sand blasted look to it.

Tin work is coming out fantastic.:beer:

May I ask what you're doing to get the grill and fuel cap bracket to come out looking like they do? Kind of has a sand blasted look to it.
I'll have to text Chris @ Marsfab and ask him what he did.

Jesus, save some bling for the rest of us :smokin:

Any idea how much time went into that?
No clue how much time he had in the gauge pod. Chris can really knock stuff out pretty quickly for a one man operation.

That little rain gutter fold on the roof skin is the best little thing I never knew I needed.

I get a tonne of water dumped across my shins as soon as my buggy points downward in the rain.

That little rain gutter fold on the roof skin is the best little thing I never knew I needed.

I get a tonne of water dumped across my shins as soon as my buggy points downward in the rain.
Almost looks like this....

1706828679956.png

:flipoff2:

Looks really good!

Top Back Refresh