What's new

My bathroom renovation

Nice shit room. In my old place we had a similar shower. Wifey kept a squeegee it there to wipe all the water off the glass after every shower. I never used it and she would bitch about it. Fukkin wimmen I tell ya!

I'd be afraid to poop in there and mess it up.

I wouldn't. I'm a neat pooper. Plus I eat so much fresh raw garlic, the next person who enters will think they just walked into a busy Italian restaurant kitchen. :homer:

As someone who has done way too much tile and bathrooms in general looks fucking great. Hope you can enjoy it and not see the tiny imperfections that it will inevitably happen in a project like this. Cabinets look fuckin fantastic by the way.

Have you seen the price of lumber now? Holy good god damn, $7+ for a 2x4.

It's unreal. I'll be posting another thread in the coming weeks of a set of raised beds I'm building for a client using 6x6x12 cedar. I don't follow cedar prices, but these timbers are costing me almost $250 each, and I need 56 of them. :eek:

As someone who has done way too much tile and bathrooms in general looks fucking great. Hope you can enjoy it and not see the tiny imperfections that it will inevitably happen in a project like this. Cabinets look fuckin fantastic by the way.

There's imperfections in installation and then there's imperfections due to damage from the rest of the subs that come through. I see it all because attention to detail is part of who I am. The tile guys could have done better, I don't know that I'll use them again. I don't know how hard it is to install this type of tile floor, but there's more lippage than I would have liked. The plumbers who came back to trim out left a scratch or two in the floor from dropping and dragging tools.

The glass guys left their own scratches. It's almost expected with the glass panels since they are really big fuckers. It took 5 guys to wrestle in the large panel. I doubt anyone would ever notice so one day I'll quit noticing them too.

The old saying that perfection is the enemy of good. It takes 20% of the time to complete 80% of a task. The last 20% of a task require 80% of the effort. In my neck of the woods, you cannot pay a sub enough to get closer than ~90%. They don't have it in them no matter the dollar figure.

The old saying that perfection is the enemy of good. It takes 20% of the time to complete 80% of a task. The last 20% of a task require 80% of the effort. In my neck of the woods, you cannot pay a sub enough to get closer than ~90%. They don't have it in them no matter the dollar figure.

Thats the damn truth, I try and get my stuff pretty damn close to perfect but usually there is always one or two things that stick out to me. Usually dry wall related, trying to find a decent drywall guy is like pulling teeth here.

My problem is when their is a mistake/imperfection and you know its there its all i see, even when it gets fixed I still look at where it was and think I see it. Someone who doesn't know it was there won't even see it. Granted the majority of our projects are in older homes and involves fixing 50+ years of shortcuts and shoddy work so its always a massive improvement but nothing is ever perfect.

Thats the damn truth, I try and get my stuff pretty damn close to perfect but usually there is always one or two things that stick out to me. Usually dry wall related, trying to find a decent drywall guy is like pulling teeth here.

My problem is when their is a mistake/imperfection and you know its there its all i see, even when it gets fixed I still look at where it was and think I see it. Someone who doesn't know it was there won't even see it. Granted the majority of our projects are in older homes and involves fixing 50+ years of shortcuts and shoddy work so its always a massive improvement but nothing is ever perfect.

I'm wrapping up a mostly full bathroom remodel. Just finished the shower tile last week. I was all paranoid that some of my shitty cuts or slightly uneven joints were going to stand out. After grout, 90% of them disappeared and I'm probably the only one that would notice them. I'm finishing just in time to sell the place and I was worried it was going to look half-assed and cost me on an inspection. I used the newly completed shower for the first time over the weekend and realized how awesome it looks and it'll totally help sell the place.

I'm wrapping up a mostly full bathroom remodel. Just finished the shower tile last week. I was all paranoid that some of my shitty cuts or slightly uneven joints were going to stand out. After grout, 90% of them disappeared and I'm probably the only one that would notice them. I'm finishing just in time to sell the place and I was worried it was going to look half-assed and cost me on an inspection. I used the newly completed shower for the first time over the weekend and realized how awesome it looks and it'll totally help sell the place.

women look at kitchens and bathrooms, so kitchens and bathrooms sell houses.

Nice! I've never done tile in my life and neither me nor my wife were comfortable with me having my first shot at this bathroom. Just too much at risk. The down side is every mistake I see, I think to myself, I would never let that go.

Your new owners will really appreciate the effort you put in. All of us that buy used houses wish our previous owners would take more care.

Top Back Refresh