What's new

Must have M-18 tools

And 3.0 batteries :homer:

Some people are just not detail people. Probably just heard people say Milwaukee was good, so bought Milwaukee :laughing:
Exactly what I was gonna say….. 3ah is used for smaller tools…. Grinder should have an 8ah on it at least for demo work!!!
I’ll add…. Why use a grinder for ripping out a metal door???? Sawzall and crowbar seems more fitting!!!!!

There a quite a few good priced deals today.

Killer deals today for sure. I already spent too damn much this shopping season (ordered new phones last week...) but the oiled DeWalt compressors are pretty tempting. My oilless is so damn loud once it warms up.

Exactly what I was gonna say….. 3ah is used for smaller tools…. Grinder should have an 8ah on it at least for demo work!!!
I’ll add…. Why use a grinder for ripping out a metal door???? Sawzall and crowbar seems more fitting!!!!!
i dont know, id probably rather have a 3.0 battery and a good grinder then have a shitty grinder and a 8.0 battery :laughing:

he wasnt ripping out a metal door, he was installing a metal framed window that needed to be trimmed down, and im also pretty sure squamch knows which tool he has on hand that he should use :flipoff2:

As for the grinders, I keep a DeWalt 11A corded dude around for all the reasons mentioned. When you really lean into a low-grit flap disc and chew away a lot of steel I want it to keep on spinning.

As for the grinders, I keep a DeWalt 11A corded dude around for all the reasons mentioned. When you really lean into a low-grit flap disc and chew away a lot of steel I want it to keep on spinning.
the 2880 will as long as you have enough HO batteries, i have two 12s and two 6 HO batteries so its no concern for me

I use my M18 fuel grinders almost exclusively and the Dewalt corded ones stay on the rack. I also use my M18 fuel 1/2" mid torque impact and 3/8" impact all the time as well. I have a 1/2" High torque impact and it has been used for certain jobs but the mid torque does everything I need it do for sure and it's lighter and more compact.

Not ripping out. We were setting an interior window and the column was set 10mils too tight, so we had to rip the window frame down.

We got upgraded to a 7.5" skilsaw and that works fine, likewise the drill and driver. They won't buy 5ah batteries because they grow legs too consistently.

I have almost all by batteries as 5ah but I do have a couple 3ah and they work good but definitely don't last as long or seem to have the same power when using my big impact with them.

Fuck you guys I need to stop looking at this shit.

Bought 2 grease guns and two of those m12 battery deals now probably this

Milwaukee has my number:homer:

Fuck you guys I need to stop looking at this shit.

Bought 2 grease guns and two of those m12 battery deals now probably this

Milwaukee has my number:homer:
that little impact wrench kinda pisses me off more than anything, it won't remove lug nuts that I know are torqued to 100 ft/lb, and on little shit you always end up needing to put a 3" extension on it because the short and very fat hammer case hits before the socket is on the bolt

that little impact wrench kinda pisses me off more than anything, it won't remove lug nuts that I know are torqued to 100 ft/lb, and on little shit you always end up needing to put a 3" extension on it because the short and very fat hammer case hits before the socket is on the bolt
Mine gets the 150 lbs nuts off my truck (04 f150) and also the nuts on my skid steer.

Is yours the fuel one?

I'm using the battery that has six 18650 cells in it instead of the regular 3 18650s.

Mine gets the 150 lbs nuts off my truck (04 f150) and also the nuts on my skid steer.

Is yours the fuel one?

I'm using the battery that has six 18650 cells in it instead of the regular 3 18650s.
6.0 battery and even a short socket with no extension, takes 10 seconds of rattling to take off honda lug nuts

thats a 2880, good grinder and great deal, they are normally 180ish with no battery
Couldn't help it, grabbed one.

If I had more m12 tools other than a ratchet and a heated jacket the wife uses once a year, I probably would scoop up a battery kit.

they got little m12 portabands too
they take a wierd size band though so I didn't get one

6.0 battery and even a short socket with no extension, takes 10 seconds of rattling to take off honda lug nuts
Why not step up to 1/2 impact for lug nuts and suspension stuff duty?

My DeWalt high torque 1/2 was bought for that use. The only stuff that has fazed it so far was my F250 SD track bar bracket bolts, put a cheater bar on those suckers.

I also have a Milwaukee M18 Fuel 3/8 impact, it does lug nuts no problem but I use it for other things.

These compact tools come in handy where there are spacial constraints. Also to save wrists when disassembling around engine compartment and body parts.

My half inch M18 impact will break bolts if I have it turned the wrong way. I have never needed a breaker bar, even on the 2" (?) nut on the bottom of my hitch ball.

My half inch M18 impact will break bolts if I have it turned the wrong way. I have never needed a breaker bar, even on the 2" (?) nut on the bottom of my hitch ball.
delivers up to 750ft-lbs of fastening torque and 1100ft-lbs of nut-busting torque

the only thing mine has ever failed to remove were some left handed thread lug nuts(got them all off but two wouldnt come) on a dump truck, reverse thread so i was getting the 750 instead of the 1100

I need a 1/4” driver, am I looking at m12 or m18? have a bunch of m18 batteries and a combo charger, I’ll do m12 if thats what I need.

There’s deals on the m12 drivers for $99 a few times I’ve seen at hd
Check toolup and northern tool

I need a 1/4” driver, am I looking at m12 or m18? have a bunch of m18 batteries and a combo charger, I’ll do m12 if thats what I need.
depends what you want, theres so many different 1/4" impact models the power varies from 70ft-lbs(non fuel m12) to 166ft-lbs(m18 fuel) some with multiple power/speed selections

166ft-lbs

150ft-lbs

133-ft-lbs

125ft-lbs

m12
108ft-lbs

70-ft-lbs

i find the part number i want by comparing specs on milwaukees site then just google it for the best price from a legit seller

I forget what they call it but when my 1/4 hex impact was down waiting for parts I bought the hydraulic model. Now that the old one is fixed it has a bit more power but the hydraulic is a lot quieter and has better touch for when you are trying not to snap something or strip out threads or countersinking. Now the old style is the backup. I think the hydraulic is called a Surge

depends what you want, theres so many different 1/4" impact models the power varies from 70ft-lbs(non fuel m12) to 166ft-lbs(m18 fuel) some with multiple power/speed selections

m12
108ft-lbs

i find the part number i want by comparing specs on milwaukees site then just google it for the best price from a legit seller
I have this M12 driver, It is my go to tool for pretty much everything assembly/disassembly wise. Highly recommend it. I bought a set of impact drill bits, and adapters for sockets, its extremely versatile.

Last edited:
^this I have 8 of them and its the favorite tool of my guys. It does 99% of what a 18v impact does but its smaller and lighter. The three torque settings make it easy to dial it back if your doing more delicate work.

Top Back Refresh