What's new

Must have M-18 tools

says sold out for me I guess
I'd bet on a lot of the tools sitting at the returns desk, as you coulda got one of the $200 "free tools" and at checkout both halves would ring up at $100, so you could just return the tool and get 2x 5.0 batteries for $100
It said the same for me too but they have them on the shelf at the local store.

I got the "free" fuel hackzall with it because the jigsaw and router don't seem like things I'd ever use
they don't seem to currently have a decent price on impacts they've got a 1/4" hex impact on that deal too, if you're into those things

I use my jigsaw more than I thought I would and my 1/4" M12 and M18 impacts WAAAYYY more than I ever estimated... M12 is perfect for atv/sxs bodywork disassembly

I use my Hackzall all the time in place of a hacksaw in the shop, or on projects around the property. With a tree pruning blade it's nice for branches up to 3".
Make sure to get the Fuel tools and the biggest batteries you can afford as they put out more current. My smaller batteries will occasionally shut off due to overcurrent from the Fuel tools. I like the XC5.0 batteries.

Check out Acme Tools, they still had plenty in stock yesterday.

im looking for a black friday deal on a framing nail gun and maybe the new rear handle properly designed skilsaw(circular saw for you dorks:flipoff2:)

30 degree or 21 degree?

im looking for a black friday deal on a framing nail gun and maybe the new rear handle properly designed skilsaw(circular saw for you dorks:flipoff2:)

30 degree or 21 degree?

What are you planning to build with the gun? Remodel work? Random small projects?

I have a 30° compact Paslode gun that I love. It can squeeze into snug spaces, but there's no way I would frame a house with it. Also the nails are harder to find so keep that in mind.

I have the m18 router. It's awesome though I am building a boat out of wood so I use it all the time. Works 100% better for what i use it for than my back friday special chinessum Metabo router that's now in my router table full time. The battery lasts several days.

New Router 2.jpg

I've ended up buying the m18 7 1/4" circular saw, sander, and jig saw. Really nice to not have to drag cords around for a quick cut. I still use corded sanders for major sanding, the dust collector cover on the sander sucks and is held on with electrical tape. I don't have a corded jig saw or circular saw. The circular saw requires a 8.0 battery for curved cuts, the standard batteries don't last long.

current status november.jpg

Last edited:
What are you planning to build with the gun? Remodel work? Random small projects?

I have a 30° compact Paslode gun that I love. It can squeeze into snug spaces, but there's no way I would frame a house with it. Also the nails are harder to find so keep that in mind.

I have 30, I wish I got 21 just cause the nails are easier to find.
i was also leaning towards 21 due to nail availability and stupid ca code, i hear some places the nails wont pass

its for personal use mostly for building myself a house and other random jobs, im not worried about it keeping up with an air nail gun or it being heavier as im not using it 5 days a week on a job site and i hate hoses and cords :laughing:

I have the m18 router. It's awesome though I am building a boat out of wood so I use it all the time. Works 100% better for what i use it for than my back friday special chinessum Metabo router that's now in my router table full time. The battery lasts several days.

New Router 2.jpg

I've ended up buying the m18 7 1/4" circular saw, sander, and jig saw. Really nice to not have to drag cords around for a quick cut. I still use corded sanders for major sanding, the dust collector cover on the sander sucks and is held on with electrical tape. I don't have a corded jig saw or circular saw. The circular saw requires a 5.0 battery for curved cuts, the standard batteries don't last long.

current status november.jpg
awesome project :smokin:

next time you buy a battery make sure its a HO one, they produce more power and it will make your saw work better, they come in multiple sizes 3.0 6.0 8.0 and 12.0

i was also leaning towards 21 due to nail availability and stupid ca code, i hear some places the nails wont pass

its for personal use mostly for building myself a house and other random jobs, im not worried about it keeping up with an air nail gun or it being heavier as im not using it 5 days a week on a job site and i hate hoses and cords :laughing:

Building a house, get a 21°. No question.

i saw barrelroll 's post about the router... i use mine all the time as well, mostly with a 1/8" bullnose to clean up aluminum edges.

recently i found another use. tungsten grinding. checked up a cheap diamond wheel and its perfect (10pack was less than $15, 60mm wheels). until this point i've used a larger diamond wheel on a bench grinder, and even the diamond wheel on the drill doctor. the router sharpener is the best, side bonus that it also keeps the wheel protected when its floating around in the work rig and its got a little light that makes it very easy to see.

HF5jgoq-ZRDaOeUVFkjCrAIWWg=w521-h694-no?authuser=0.jpg

i saw barrelroll 's post about the router... i use mine all the time as well, mostly with a 1/8" bullnose to clean up aluminum edges.

recently i found another use. tungsten grinding. checked up a cheap diamond wheel and its perfect (10pack was less than $15, 60mm wheels). until this point i've used a larger diamond wheel on a bench grinder, and even the diamond wheel on the drill doctor. the router sharpener is the best, side bonus that it also keeps the wheel protected when its floating around in the work rig and its got a little light that makes it very easy to see.

HF5jgoq-ZRDaOeUVFkjCrAIWWg=w521-h694-no?authuser=0.jpg
That little router has more balls than you would suspect. I built these with the little 6" circular saw, hole saw in the drill press, and the router. Soft shackle friendly tow points.

DSC_5838.JPG

awesome project :smokin:

next time you buy a battery make sure its a HO one, they produce more power and it will make your saw work better, they come in multiple sizes 3.0 6.0 8.0 and 12.0

I miss typed and edited my post. I have an 8.0HO for the m18 leaf blower my wife bought I steal and use in the saw. I was about ready to throw the circular saw out with the 5.0's. It might have worked fine for most though I use it for a lot of angled and curved cuts on the boat and it didn't like it and would kill batteries really quickly.

That little router has more balls than you would suspect. I built these with the little 6" circular saw, hole saw in the drill press, and the router. Soft shackle friendly tow points.

DSC_5838.JPG

Looks killer! How did you cut the external radius?

I bet you could make some nice inexpensive Hawse fairleads too. Even cheap ones are $40+ to avoid the junkiest of junk.

I personally HATE working with aluminum though... I can already imagine the feeling of the shards that router would send flying.

Looks killer! How did you cut the external radius?

I bet you could make some nice inexpensive Hawse fairleads too. Even cheap ones are $40+ to avoid the junkiest of junk.

I personally HATE working with aluminum though... I can already imagine the feeling of the shards that router would send flying.
The material is 1 1/8" 6061 T-6. I cut the two sides and angled ends with the small circular saw. I did the radius with the M-18 Fuel Jigsaw using an aluminum blade. I cleaned that up slightly with a belt sander and then went after it with Diablo round over bits. For scale, it is 4 1/2" wide.
1637966409371.png

is the $80 non-fuel angle grinder good enough?

looking at them alongside the $200 ones with whoo-pow installed from the factory, dunno if it's worth waiting to see if the fuel one goes on sale

i have no experience with it but my gut says no, youre a fag though so maybe its good enough for you :flipoff2:

kidding aside i have a 2783-20 and a 2880-20, happy with both, the 2880 has the equivalent of 11 amp corded power when used with a HO battery :smokin:
the 2783 is used for cut off/wire/flap discs and the 2880 gets the grinding disk

Last edited:
i have no experience with it but my gut says no, youre a fag though so maybe its good enough for you :flipoff2:

kidding aside i have a 2783-20 and a 2880-20, happy with both, the 2880 has the equivalent of 15 amp corded power when used with a HO battery :smokin:
the 2783 is used for cut off/wire/flap discs and the 2880 gets the grinding disk
we've got one of the 6" paddle switch fuel grinders at work with a wire wheel on it for cleaning up the beads of tires
I'm continually disappointed in the power its got even with the 12ah battery
just kinda looking for if the low-dollar one is really that much worse, and I guess I got my answer

if youre disappointed with a 6" fuel grinder id have to guess youd definitely be disappointed in a non fuel grinder :laughing:

i edited my post i said 15amp but meant 11amp

we've got one of the 6" paddle switch fuel grinders at work with a wire wheel on it for cleaning up the beads of tires
I'm continually disappointed in the power its got even with the 12ah battery
just kinda looking for if the low-dollar one is really that much worse, and I guess I got my answer
Grinding you should be fine. Lots of cutoff wheel use you’ll wish you had the fuel model. Even the fuel doesn’t like cutoff wheels.

Grinding you should be fine. Lots of cutoff wheel use you’ll wish you had the fuel model. Even the fuel doesn’t like cutoff wheels.
that's interesting, my dedicated cutoff wheel grinder is a $9 harbor freight one
mainly because even it has enough power to turn a thin cutoff disc into dust far too quickly
they're the one attachment that I don't lean into, as it just wears them out faster without cutting all that much faster

on a good hard grinding wheel you lean into it and they'll peel an actual chip

kinda like the gas powered saw, you can bog it down and make a cloud of dust letting it cut under its own weight, or you lift it a little and it'll sing along on its governor while making just as much progress in the cut with a lot more disc life

that's interesting, my dedicated cutoff wheel grinder is a $9 harbor freight one
mainly because even it has enough power to turn a thin cutoff disc into dust far too quickly
they're the one attachment that I don't lean into, as it just wears them out faster without cutting all that much faster

on a good hard grinding wheel you lean into it and they'll peel an actual chip
same here

grinding wheel is harder on my grinders then cut off wheels, but im typically using a cut off wheel on 1/4" and thinner, usually thinner, most my thick cutting is done with a saw/torch

Know what, guess I'll order one of them 80 dollar ones, use it for cutoff wheels if nothing else

Know what, guess I'll order one of them 80 dollar ones, use it for cutoff wheels if nothing else
Skinny wheel or flapper wheel use it will be perfectly fine. I use mine for both things and very seldom does it shut down due to over loading.

Top Back Refresh