What's new

Must have M-18 tools

Not sure if there is an M12 thread but the mrs. got me an M12 air compressor for fathers day and it is awesome so far. Incredibly handy for things I would have otherwise made a few trips with an air tank across the yard. The option to set the desired pressure and hit go and walk away till it shuts off is pretty nice really, especially for topping off trailer tires.
I keep mine in my truck, it’s been handy

Don't feel like wading all the way back through this thread, but how is the leaf blower? I have a bunch of M18 tools already and would be nice to stick with the same battery.

I was bummed when I got it, its not a backpack blower but, I use the shit out of it. I only use the backpack a few times a year now, this this is just to convenient.

Don't feel like wading all the way back through this thread, but how is the leaf blower? I have a bunch of M18 tools already and would be nice to stick with the same battery.
it aint bad for what it is. at home i use it to 'sweep' the garage, 'vaccum' the cars, etc.

where it really found its place was camping. we go to the sand allot. perfect to blow off the carpet in front of the trailer, blow out the trailer, blow out the rides, help get the bon fire going etc... everyone borrows it. and once i put an empty water bottle in it and let the kids use it to launch the bottle, entertainment for hours.

Not sure if there is an M12 thread but the mrs. got me an M12 air compressor for fathers day and it is awesome so far. Incredibly handy for things I would have otherwise made a few trips with an air tank across the yard. The option to set the desired pressure and hit go and walk away till it shuts off is pretty nice really, especially for topping off trailer tires.
There’s not but I’d thought about going with the M12 platform. Only reason I went 18v is I found a deal with 4 tools and 2 bigger batteries for a little more than the 3 tool, 2 battery m12 deal. I’ve got an m12 ratchet and wish I had the fuel version.

I was bummed when I got it, its not a backpack blower but, I use the shit out of it. I only use the backpack a few times a year now, this this is just to convenient.
which one did you get?

there is a lot of new m18 stuff that is much better than the older m18 stuff

my new 5" angle grinder has 11amps of power and only costs 20$ more than the older version(i have both)

any time i buy a new m18 tool i research which part number to purchase because they have a lot of the same tool but different part numbers with newer upgraded models looking just like the old ones(that are still available and are often the models you get with sales/deals)

I bought the fuel M18 blower a few months ago and it works great. You won't be disappointed, watch for a package deal with a charger & battery and you'll score.

which one did you get?

there is a lot of new m18 stuff that is much better than the older m18 stuff

my new 5" angle grinder has 11amps of power and only costs 20$ more than the older version(i have both)

any time i buy a new m18 tool i research which part number to purchase because they have a lot of the same tool but different part numbers with newer upgraded models looking just like the old ones(that are still available and are often the models you get with sales/deals)

That one. It jus turned out to be stupid handy

On the blower- if you have used a 'real' blower you will be eh. But still like it. I love the handyness of it, but if you want more than clean off the walk/blow out driveway-garage, it is not worth the $200. That said I love mine for little things, everything else the RedMax gets pulled out.

On another note.... I was at the plumbing dc today.... they had a deal on the pack out radio... regular $320.00 they had it for $290.00.... thought about it and looked at reviews..... not so good!!!!
I passed!!!!

On another note.... I was at the plumbing dc today.... they had a deal on the pack out radio... regular $320.00 they had it for $290.00.... thought about it and looked at reviews..... not so good!!!!
I passed!!!!
What reviews did you read? The only thing bad about the packout radio is the weight. That thing is heavy!

It has a powered subwoofer. It sounds good.

I passed!!!!
I have this one and it kicks MAJOR ass!

M12, M18 or 110V and it uses Bluetooth or 3.5mm input and has a 2.1 amp USB charger. It'll play for days on a 12a battery.

HD has the m12 drill/driver combo with the ratchet for 229. Only one battery, but seemed like a deal for all three. I added two 3ah batteries in my cart.

I want the big 1/2 impact, but waiting to see if it will go on sale before Christmas or maybe include a 9 or 12ah battery.

ETA the combo actually had a 4ah and 2ah.Comparing these to my M18, the only real difference looks to be the battery and maybe the gear case for the hammer drill.

And the m12 impact driver took a 18' fall and survived. It ejected the battery, but all seems well. It landed on either dirt or remnants of cement board on a pallet. Pics are after the fall.

0918211406.jpg
0918211406_HDR.jpg
0918211406a.jpg
0918211407.jpg
0918211407b.jpg

Last edited:
HD has the m12 drill/driver combo with the ratchet for 229. Only one battery, but seemed like a deal for all three. I added two 3ah batteries in my cart.

I want the big 1/2 impact, but waiting to see if it will go on sale before Christmas or maybe include a 9 or 12ah battery.

ETA the combo actually had a 4ah and 2ah.Comparing these to my M18, the only real difference looks to be the battery and maybe the gear case for the hammer drill.

And the m12 impact driver took a 18' fall and survived. It ejected the battery, but all seems well. It landed on either dirt or remnants of cement board on a pallet. Pics are after the fall.

0918211406.jpg
0918211406_HDR.jpg
0918211406a.jpg
0918211407.jpg
0918211407b.jpg

How does the M12 compare to the M18 now? They currently have the 2 6.0aH battery/charger kit on sale with a free gift. You can add an additional $120 6.0 battery and get 3 plus a charger for $200.

M12 charger with 2 batteries $199

I just attended a huge Utility EXPO in Louisville KY.
The Milwaukee booth was always full of people trying their equipment, besides Hilti they were the only cordless company represented.
And, I found my next cordless tool I need.
Milwaukee 18v fence stapler. It was designed for stapling ground wire down power poles.
I can't find it on the website yet :shaking:

How does the M12 compare to the M18 now? They currently have the 2 6.0aH battery/charger kit on sale with a free gift. You can add an additional $120 6.0 battery and get 3 plus a charger for $200.
get the 18v
couple years in and all my m12 batteries no longer have the tabs that hold them into the tool
the replacement battery cases do not last either

M12 charger with 2 batteries $199

M12 is great for light/ medium duty applications, but doesn’t replace a 18/20v tool IMO. And thus if you need a 6.0 battery, I think you’re using the wrong tool Lineup With M12. Im a big fan of them and will use m12 drill & driver for ~80% of tasks, but if I’m drilling a hole Bigger than 3/8” or driving more than a couple deck screws I’ll go for a 18v tool.

Their compact/ lightweight design with the 2.0 battery is one of the M12 lineups key advantages. even The 4.0 battery messes up the balance of a drill/ driver for me, but is fine on the hackzall, and it Makes the ratchet bulkier than I want it to fit in some spots. I have a couple chargers that came with combo packs and just swap 2.0s after use, it’s rare that a fully charged 2.0 doesn’t last through a job In my use.

also the 6.0battery seems to be about the least desireable bonus tool in the hd Offering. That fuel impact driver, the tower light and the ratchet would be my picks in that order. I do feel like their 149 value on the bare tool non-fuel ratchet is like $50 high. That circ saw- again doesn’t belong in a 12v Platform.

Last edited:
M12 is great for light/ medium duty applications, but doesn’t replace a 18/20v tool IMO. And thus if you need a 6.0 battery, I think you’re using the wrong tool Lineup With M12. I love thee tool and will use m12 drill & driver for ~80% of tasks, but if I’m drilling a hole Bigger than 3/8” or driving more than a couple deck screws I’ll go for a 18v tool.

Their compact/ lightweight design with the 2.0 battery is one of the M12 lineups key advantages. even The 4.0 battery messes up the balance of a drill/ driver for me, but is fine on the hackzall, and it Makes the ratchet bulkier than I want it to fit in some spots. I have a couple chargers that came with combo packs and just swap 2.0s after use, it’s rare that a fully charged 2.0 doesn’t last through a job In my use.

also the 6.0battery seems to be about the least desireable bonus tool in the hd Offering. That fuel impact driver, the tower light and the ratchet would be my picks in that order. I do feel like their 149 value on the bare tool non-fuel ratchet is like $50 high. That circ saw- again doesn’t belong in a 12v Platform.
This^^^
Think of it this way…. Most of the M-12 tools I see are in an electricians bags!!!
They’re designed for light/more precision work….
Think big paint brush versus small paint brush!!!
I should own a Hole Hog but I’ve grabbed my M-18 to make some 2 1/2” holes for plumbing…. It’s really pushing it to accomplish that!!! That’s how tools get used though…. M-12 would get abused and most likely wore out here!!!

To echo above m12 fuel 1/4 hex impact is probably one of the most used tools on my sites. The hacksaw and the drill are probably most next used of the m12 stuff. The m18 stuff gets used more for sawing and drilling holes for plumbing and electrical.

Grease gun, 12 or 18? Just picked up a tracked skid steer and grease to tighten tracks, plus general maintenance.

Still watching for a deal on the 2767 1/2 impact. Is the 5ah battery they come with good enough or is a 9 or 12 much better?

Grease gun, 12 or 18? Just picked up a tracked skid steer and grease to tighten tracks, plus general maintenance.

Still watching for a deal on the 2767 1/2 impact. Is the 5ah battery they come with good enough or is a 9 or 12 much better?
18volt to match the rest of the stuff.

Air tools work better and last longer :flipoff2:

The chainsaw and trimmer are exceptional though. Portaband is pretty cool.

M18.

I got a free grease gun when I bought my latest 1/2" impact :smokin:

They work okay but don't have the same balls as a pneumatic grease gun.

Good for greasing machines on the jobsite but if you're greasing only with the M18 you're doing your equipment a disservice.

I spent the day knocking out 1/4" holes in a mess of planks and plywood. Fucking 1/2" drill with the smallest battery knocked it out!! Let the GF rotate her tiers with that little fucking 1/4" impact! Seriously thinking of tossing that big fucking air compressor! :smokin:

I've used the big impact with 5, 6, 8 and 12 Mah batteries and they all work fine. The 12 makes an already heavy tool very heavy but it also balances it out better so there's that.

They work okay but don't have the same balls as a pneumatic grease gun.

Good for greasing machines on the jobsite but if you're greasing only with the M18 you're doing your equipment a disservice.
Care to explain your reasoning? The M18 grease gun surpasses 10k psi stalled.

Top Back Refresh