What's new

** Meme **

img(40).jpeg

This is nearly exactly how it started for me! My grandma had a little ford 8n and she would stand on the hitch and ride around as I drove it around the field nearly every night during the summer growing up. Such great memories this meme brought back!
I learned on a ‘46 Ford 8N as well:grinpimp:

No, you didn't... If it was built in 1946 it wa either a 9N or a 2N. They started building 8N's in 1948 hence the name. 9N's in 1939, 2N's in 1942, although I think they also continued to make 9N's until the 8N came out in 1948. The 2N was a gimmick so Henry Ford could build more tractors during WW2.

I have a 1948 8N and spent years researching their history... :flipoff2:

Reactions: IGT
No you didnt...

The 8N ford tractor started in 48 hence named for the 8bin 1948.

The 9N which was first in the series came about in 1939 hence the 9 in 1939 then there was the 2N which came about in 1942 again see the pattern the 2 in 1942.

So if it really was 1946 you learned on a 1946 2N Ford tractor.

But those are just facts and details that you didnt know about.

Qell at least now you know the facts of the N series/ Ferguson tractors.

no, you didn't... If it was built in 1946 it wa either a 9n or a 2n. They started building 8n's in 1948 hence the name. 9n's in 1939, 2n's in 1942, although i think they also continued to make 9n's until the 8n came out in 1948. The 2n was a gimmick so henry ford could build more tractors during ww2.

I have a 1948 8n and spent years researching their history... :flipoff2:

rheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

My first driving experiences started on an old Ford tractor too.

Then, I stepped up to a ‘63 Scout (I think I was ten :homer:)

My 8n memory was cruising as fast as it would go and standing up on one side of the rear brakes. I was pretty young and it scared the heck of me almost flipping it(felt like)

Must be a thing.. old 8n and a narrow front Farmall when I was between 4-7 or so. First "car" was a 76 Bronco when I was about 9... through the fields. :laughing:

In a grain field in Germany at 8 or 9 years old. Dont remeber what kind of tractor, but I got to drive it down the street after a little practice :grinpimp:

I always wanted a 8N with a flathead v8 engine.

Alas I just have a 1942 2N at the moment that hasnt run in years.

8N with a flathead v8 engine

Must be a thing.. old 8n and a narrow front Farmall when I was between 4-7 or so. First "car" was a 76 Bronco when I was about 9... through the fields. :laughing:

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh