What's new

Made in America

horrible business model but I think your right.

Really sucks when all those warehouse are empty and you don't have jack squat onsite to do anything about it.
Those warehouses are anything but empty and they can't build them fast enough.

I have a pair of :usa: Chippewa boondockers.

Too bad that the company relocated to Viet Nam. I've tried those & they don't fit. I guess the c*** hair measurement anecdotes are definitely validated-
I don't get why people get their panties in a knot over Vietnamese textiles. They are really good at textile manufacturing. You wouldn't get butthurt over german optics.

I don't get why people get their panties in a knot over Vietnamese textiles...
The V.N. boondockers looked good but they didn't fit even showing the same size tag/markings.

Another example is the Tingley brand rubber boots which was made here and fit comfortably. The company decided to go overseas but I ordered online (same size) anyway, get the product & :drumroll: .... they don't fit. I needed the boots so I wore them fuckers until winter was over. 🤬

I thought you knew the story of c*** hairs since you play/pretend to be a machinist- :flipoff2:

If you are wrong, it isn't by much. I know a few folk in that industry and that warehouse footage turned into distribution centers with import labor. An example of something they do very large amounts of are the product displays for Home Depot that change all the time. Containers go from the port to their facility, they break them down and assemble and then load with product. They have a list of all the HD stores that get the goods, they ship them out. They do that for a wide variety of stores and products, all imported and done with imported labor. The company hires no one but management. They contract with temp agencies for labor and just pay the mark-up to not have to deal with the illegals.
Freight consolidators are what they are called.

If I won the big $ Powerball/Megamillions my idea was to make an amazon, but of only american made and sourced products. Not just a sticker tacked on at the end of manufacturing but a tried and tested and actually made here in good ole US of A.:usa:
there are sites like this already... But often, they mix american made with another topic (2nd amendment support, pro-life, etc)

I bought from Marlin, Bobby Long, All Pro, Sky, BudBuilt and some others, but Trail Gear never got a penny from me. I don't remember who said it, "If Trail Gear sells it, I don't need it".
Their knuckle wiper seals are pretty awesome! I only buy gaskets and little stuff from them, evreytime I buy something other than that I am disappointed, like their battery box which is a poorly designed piece of shit.

there are sites like this already... But often, they mix american made with another topic (2nd amendment support, pro-life, etc)
I mean become a direct competitor to amazon in size and scope and name recognition. Not some unknown to 95% of Americans "also ran".

I mean become a direct competitor to amazon in size and scope and name recognition. Not some unknown to 95% of Americans "also ran".
you think that can happen over night? It'd take decades.

Their knuckle wiper seals are pretty awesome! I only buy gaskets and little stuff from them, evreytime I buy something other than that I am disappointed, like their battery box which is a poorly designed piece of shit.
And they promote stupid shit, like their steering arm bushings, vs. the larger size bearings from Marlin.

Is this for all their products? I remember an interview with an edelbrock exec 15 years ago in HRM where they said that they were getting raw manifold castings for some products (I thought the performer line) from Asia and doing the final machining and QC here. Maybe they have the capacity to do it all here now?
Nope. When Vic was alive (~10 years ago). All aluminum cast just came from our foundry. If it didn’t fit in the foundry, they didn’t make the product. Vic was very proud of the foundry. He flew his plane out to it once a week, even though he could’ve done phone meetings.

Shit liked stamped valve covers and air cleaners has come across the ocean since I was first involved in the 90’s. Exhaust Suspension and shock were all made in USA. Russell was made in the USA, but was taken off shore after I left.

Super chargers are still made in the USA cast in the foundry and machined and assembled there.

For what it’s worth the atlas race case is cast there also.

In the mid 2000’s they added a second line permanent mold foundry. They invested a ton in that foundry.

Carb’s are assembled in the south, not sure where they are cast.

No idea now that they moved to Comp headquarters. They no longer say made in the USA. They now say designed or invented in the USA.

Last edited:
Nope. When Vic was alive (~10 years ago). All aluminum cast just came from our foundry. If it didn’t fit in the foundry, they didn’t make the product. Vic was very proud of the foundry. He flew his plane out to it once a week, even though he could’ve done phone meetings.

Shit liked stamped valve covers and air cleaners has come across the ocean since I was first involved in the 90’s. Exhaust Suspension and shock were all made in USA. Russell was made in the USA, but was taken off shore after I left.

Super chargers are still made in the USA cast in the foundry and machined and assembled there.

For what it’s worth the atlas race case is cast there also.

In the mid 2000’s they added a second line permanent mold foundry. They invested a ton in that foundry.

Carb’s are assembled in the south, not sure where they are cast.

No idea now that they moved to Comp headquarters. They no longer side made in the USA. They now say designed or invented in the USA.
That's good to know. I'm probably misremembering the interview, but whomever they interviewed mentioned sourcing something overseas and putting the value-add on here. Maybe it was the die-cast carbs? Dunno. If the MT group wasn't such a VS-like cocksucker to search and find shit I'd go dig it up, but maybe you remember back when HRM used to interview "industry" folks towards the beginning of the mag?

Freight consolidators are what they are called.
One would think with the 100's of times we chatted about his job, I'd recall better. I'm not doubting you but he called it something else and that may be just him not being specific.

Interstate batteries are supposedly made in the USA.

Bork’s exhaust is USA made according to their website. So does Magnaflow.

Those warehouses are anything but empty and they can't build them fast enough.

There was a lot of empty warehouse during covid, others wise someone was full up crap on all the shortages. warehouse are only good if the boats keep coming. If the boats stop them warehouse aren't gonna be worth much.

Interstate batteries are supposedly made in the USA.
Basically all lead acid batteries are made semi-local to point of origin. The exception are atv/cycle batteries. Weight/value makes transport suck.
FYI Interstate = Optima = WalMart. FIL hauled for Johnson controls years ago. They are now part of an even bigger conglomerate.

Basically all lead acid batteries are made semi-local to point of origin. The exception are atv/cycle batteries. Weight/value makes transport suck.
FYI Interstate = Optima = WalMart. FIL hauled for Johnson controls years ago. They are now part of an even bigger conglomerate.

Beadlock wheels. Carson City, NV.

Tryloff add this to your first post.

Top Back Refresh