What's new

Made in America

Tryloff

Member Number
Unless I missed it, I don't think we have a thread on American made products in our industry. As a dad with multiple kids who will need jobs someday, it bothers me how much manufacturing is shipped overseas. Furthermore, once overseas, the US patents mean nothing and the designs and engineering can be easily stolen. I'm not naive enough to think that one forum post or even one large group purchasing more American made goods can curb this trend, but I have to believe that we can at least offer some encouragement and support to our domestic manufacturers.

I am going to include all of North America in this list. After all, a strong neighbor is a good neighbor.

I will update this list as I find new products or as people comment below. I will be using the same category and sub categories as summit racing does on their website, use this to find where to look. For some manufacturers, they only produce a few goods domestically. Please specify when posting if it's all goods or one particular item.

*This is not to say that products not on this list are of worse quality or are in any other way inferior. Product quality is not the goal of this post.

*This list is not complete or all inclusive and probably will never be. Please do your own research and add products as you find them.

Air / Fuel delivery:
  • Edelbrock, CA - some products. Shop diligently. -post #104 in this thread details some of the manufacturing locations.
  • Holley, CA - some products.

Brakes:

Chassis and suspension:

Clothing and Footwear:

- Anderson Bean, TX - US made boots with US supplied leather
- Carolina Boots, PA - Has limited domestic offerings.
- Danner Boots, OR - Some made in US boots. Listed as such in their website.
- Darn Tough Socks, VT - All products.
DriFir, - USA made, vet owned. Fire retardant clothing.
- Double H Boots, PA - All products made in USA, some with globally sourced goods.
- Duckworth , MT - All product and entire supply chain is domestic!
- Forloh Hunting Gear, - All products and materials.
- Fox River , IA - All products
- Hill People Gear, MO - "our suppliers are family owned American businesses that use American materials and employ other Americans."
- Origin, MA - all products
- Stanfield's , Nova Scotia Canada - mostly Canadian manufactured wool and cotton goods.
-Stormy Kromer , MI - "Nearly all products made in the USA, some products made in Honduras.
- Thorogood Boots, WI - All products
XGO, NC - Tactical clothing

Cooling and Heating:
- Derale Performance. - Cooling system components.
"We manufacture many products in-house; and source as many raw materials and components through US - based companies as possible.

Engines and Components:

Exhaust:

Exterior and Components:

Fasteners and Hardware:

Fittings and Hoses:

Gaskets and Seals:

Gauges and Accessories:

Ignition and Electrical:

- Battery cables USA, KY - All products, $3.97 domestic flat rate shipping!

Interior and Accessories:

Lighting:

- Rigid Industries - All products.

Oils, Fluids, and Sealants:

Paints and Finishing:

Safety equiptment:

Steering:

- Howe Performance Power Steering, CA -
- Radial Dynamics, MA - All products
Tools and Shop equipment:
- Estwing - all products
-Kershaw USA, - Has a selection of USA made knives.
- Leatherman, OR - All products. Globally sourced materials.
- Trusty Cook - Dead blows and other polyurethane components.
- Wright Tools, OH -"99% domestic production, country of origin is always on the tolls and packaging"
- Vaughn, IL - all products
- Viking Drill, - Manufactured in the USA with globally sourced goods.

Towing, Trailers, and Winches:
- Bubba Rope - all products

Transmission and Drivetrain:

Wheels and Tires:

Other:

-COOKWARE
-Anchor Hocking, OH -Since 1905
FirstSpear, MO - Tactical gear.
-Lancaster Skillets, PA
-Fiesta cookware
- Nalgene bottles, NY - Materials come from TN
-Nordic cookware, NH - bad ass story of a ww2 vet starting a company on his return for killing Nazis
-Tripleaughtdesign, - Climbing gear.

Last edited:
Unless i missed it, I don't think we have a thread on American made products in our industry. As a dad with multiple kids who will need jobs someday, it bothers me how much manufacturing is shipped overseas. Furthermore, once overseas, the US patents mean nothing and the designs and engineering can be easily stolen. I'm not naive enough to think that one forum post or even one large group purchasing more American made goods can curb this trend, but I have to believe that I can at least offer some encouragement and support to our domestic manufacturers.

I am going to include all of North America in this list. After all, a strong neighbor is a good neighbor.

I will update this list as I find new products or as people comment below. I will be using the same category and sub categories as summit racing does on their website, use this to find where to look. For some manufacturers, they only produce a few goods domestically. Please specify when posting if it's all goods or one particular item.

*This is not to say that products not on this list are of worse quality or are in any other way inferior. Product quality is not the goal of this post.

*This list is not complete or all inclusive and probably will never be. Please do your own research and add products as you find them.

Air / Fuel delivery:

Brakes:

Chassis and suspension:

Cooling and Heating:

Engines and Components:

Exhaust:

Exterior and Components:

Fasteners and Hardware:

Fittings and Hoses:

Gaskets and Seals:

Gauges and Accessories:

Ignition and Electrical:

Interior and Accessories:

Lighting:

- Rigid Industries - All products.

Oils, Fluids, and Sealants:

Paints and Finishing:

Safety equiptment:

Tools and Shop equipment:

Towing, Trailers, and Winches:

- Bubba Rope - all products

Transmission and Drivetrain:

Wheels and Tires:
To what end? The American way is to spend the least possible and then brag to all your buddies how you fucked over the salesman with the pennies you beat him out of so he can't feed his kids. That mentality forced manufacturers to go overseas just to try and stay even with the shitheads putting price first over quality. We can't compete and don't even try.

To what end? The American way is to spend the least possible and then brag to all your buddies how you fucked over the salesman with the pennies you beat him out of so he can't feed his kids. That mentality forced manufacturers to go overseas just to try and stay even with the shitheads putting price first over quality. We can't compete and don't even try.
I can understand that frustration. I am a small business owner and deal with cheap asses daily. There are hybrid companies like Edelbrock who have a domestic brand and then own other brands which are import.

There's no right answer there, and I think it would be impossible for anyone to truly only buy domestic goods. I only intend to show the few true domestic companies that we see them and will try to support them as best we can. At least I wil.

Once the American products start being the superior:usa: products of old THEN IT WILL MATTER Until then we can only hope chimerica requests a higher level of quality from chinas manufacturers...
In my limited personal experience, domestically made goods are better than their off shore rivals.

50/50 but yes.
Something that is key is America sources the American components for said products.
Then we get jobs.
:beer:

Not always. I buy Rocky S2V boots made in the US. The last two pairs I have bought have sub-par stitching that doesn't even follow the cut of the leather. It's just halfassed and goes around the eyes, but leaves the ends of the leather to separate and look like shit. The stitching around the soles has loose stitches that fray and I have to melt with a lighter and mash into the stitch groove to keep it from coming apart. Glue smeared everywhere, just poor attention to detail overall. Piss poor quality for a $300 pair of boots. This will be the last pair I buy. Even the cheap chinkanese boots are made better.

There's no right answer there, and I think it would be impossible for anyone to truly only buy domestic goods. I only intend to show the few true domestic companies that we see them and will try to support them as best we can. At least I wil.
Not only is there no right answer, a lot and i mean far to many companies out right lie about it being made in america.

Not always. I buy Rocky S2V boots made in the US. The last two pairs I have bought have sub-par stitching that doesn't even follow the cut of the leather. It's just halfassed and goes around the eyes, but leaves the ends of the leather to separate and look like shit. The stitching around the soles has loose stitches that fray and I have to melt with a lighter and mash into the stitch groove to keep it from coming apart. Glue smeared everywhere, just poor attention to detail overall. Piss poor quality for a $300 pair of boots. This will be the last pair I buy. Even the cheap chinkanese boots are made better.
thoroughgood boots is my go to. Us made and stand up to a lot of abuse!

Not only is there no right answer, a lot and i mean far to many companies out right lie about it being made in america.
Yeah, a lot will hide behind "USA made with globally sourced components" without mentioning that 99% of the product is imported with only the last step being made domestically.

I'll be honest, in a forum filled with small business owners and a general conservative lean, I did not think I would get so much backlash. I do not disagree with what you guys are saying, but I was expecting a different result. I'm not too proud to be wrong, and if this trend continues for a bit longer I will probably delete this thread altogether.

The problem is companies are too profit minded. They used to want profit by making the better product. Now they all make complete crap and cut as many corners as possible to increase profits.

That and workers have no pride in their work. They want to put their time in and go home, they don't care that the shit product they are half-assing is going to be a problem for someone else down the line.

I would like to see a great list of verified by posters :usa: Go to products here.
Having a resource for American patriots to use would ROCK.

So don't take my post negatively...

Someone wrote this on here once:

Profits over principle, it’s the American way, always has been. Nobody knows how to fuck over a working man better than us.

Hence why most everything made anymore is of a questionable quality, and quickly going downhill in many industries.

Edit: Elwenil beat me to it

Farm out the dirty work and inflate the fiat to make up for regulating away productivity. Can't produce our own raw materials, too harmful to the environment. Can't turn that raw material into finished goods, too dangerous for the workers. Pile some union BS on top while you're at it. Free trade and everyone is gonna order their cheap crap from countries that don't give a fuck about any of it.

Last edited:
I'll be honest, in a forum filled with small business owners and a general conservative lean, I did not think I would get so much backlash. I do not disagree with what you guys are saying, but I was expecting a different result. I'm not too proud to be wrong, and if this trend continues for a bit longer I will probably delete this thread altogether.

what result were you expecting?

$100/hr is what ive heard multiple business owners say it costs to employ someone give or take depending on location and industry. 50% of that is insurance and bs. if you want more stuff to be made domestically then you need to start pushing on the govt to stop govt’ing.

as for plumbing/wiring look into govt and military suppliers.

i can think of one company in the offroad market that came in and wiped out the competition with piss poor overseas products that they back with a decent enough warranty to make people forget about the poor quality, then slowly bought up their competition after stealing their market share, and rebranded with low enough prices and a few american made products that the large market doesnt know about their nasty beginnings and theyre stronger than ever.

business people business, fabricators fabricate, very rarely can a business
person fabricate or a fabricator business. the ones who can do both have a very small base of people that can afford them and do well.

Last edited:
Not my experience, those boots lasted three weeks before they shit the bed, stitching came apart, Timberline pro is my go to boot now, last pair lasted four years.

I used to not care when I was younger and my dad wouldn't buy stuff from overseas at all. Now that I'm older I'm trying like hell to not by non quality imported stuff. I don't have a problem buying a high end quality German made tool but I try to avoid that chinesium stuff.

It's EVERYWHERE too, you really need to watch and do research.

I remember when that used to be Walmart's slogan 😄

Yeah I'm that old :flipoff2:
Well they got fucked on that one a number of times. I remember pulling multiple items off the shelves because Walmart thought they could be slick and put "made in USA" on the packaging, when only the packaging was actually made in the US.

Reactions: Clb
My Walmart branded pry bar is made in USA. :flipoff2:
1713118973847.png

Well they got fucked on that one a number of times. I remember pulling multiple items off the shelves because Walmart thought they could be slick and put "made in USA" on the packaging, when only the packaging was actually made in the US.
Still an issue. More often than not "Made in USA" just means the sticker or label is made here. Barely anything mass produced is actually made in the US anymore.

Unless I missed it, I don't think we have a thread on American made products in our industry. As a dad with multiple kids who will need jobs someday, it bothers me how much manufacturing is shipped overseas. Furthermore, once overseas, the US patents mean nothing and the designs and engineering can be easily stolen. I'm not naive enough to think that one forum post or even one large group purchasing more American made goods can curb this trend, but I have to believe that we can at least offer some encouragement and support to our domestic manufacturers.

I do think that Mexican made stuff is superior to the asian stuff, at least when it comes to automotive replacement parts

Yeah, a lot will hide behind "USA made with globally sourced components" without mentioning that 99% of the product is imported with only the last step being made domestically.
It depends on what it is. Edelbrock and Holley (among many others) are getting a lot of raw castings overseas as the volumes they are needing outstrip the capacity of domestic foundries. I don't blame them, so long as the QC and the final machining are done here, and its not like they have the capacity to start their own foundry. If we were smart, some of that BBB infrastructure spending should be spend backing some loans for domestic foundry capacity. Not for the .gov spending, but if they are gonna spend it anyway it'd be better if we got something useful.
Don't delete it, let it play out. I think it will turn around.

Does Made in USA really matter when everything comes from China and is most likely assembled by undocumented workers that make shit for pay while the owner of the company charges $1K for a light bar?

Does Made in USA really matter when everything comes from China and is most likely assembled by undocumented workers that make shit for pay while the owner of the company charges $1K for a light bar?
Well, would you rather the only American employed in the transaction be the Amazon driver?
Baby steps, as far as I'm concerned.
One thing that we could do as consumers is buy the product that is employing Americans at some stage of the process, and perhaps make it known through the review process how much you appreciate it being made as much as possible here, and how much more likely it would be for you to purchase more if they made the whole thing here.

All the millenials and gen-zs love to get on the gram and everywhere else and tout their handmade man bun tie and locally grown hemp coffee mug. Maybe if we in the performance/off-road space did the same there would be more movement that direction?

Origin Maine: boots/sweatshirt/jeans have been solid. It's casual wear, so I don't beat on the stuff. Just the same I am very happy with the fit/feel/durability in everyday use.

Estwing and Vaughn hammers: mine have held up well for a couple of decades. I mean, they're hammers, so take that for what it's worth. But they weren't overpriced. Come to think, I still have my dad's Estwing from 1965. It has a chip in the face because everything looked like a nail to me when I was younger.

Edelbrock: I have two Ford 302 intake manifolds to compare. One's an offshore unit (Typhoon) for the original fuelie 5.0, the other a genuine Edelbrock Air Gap 302 (foundry and machining still in CA as of last year). When installed, the Typhoon was soft/porous enough that I felt I could port match it with a knife. The Edelbrock is the opposite in fit, finish, and material quality.

Last edited:
My Walmart branded pry bar is made in USA. :flipoff2:
1713118973847.png
Through my research, I can't add them to the list.

Walmart owns the Hyper Tough name but it is actually Taiwan-based tool company Test Rite Tools that manufactures the line of products and accessories. They have their North American headquarters located in New York as well as factories in China and Taiwan.

Through my research, I can't add them to the list.

Walmart owns the Hyper Tough name but it is actually Taiwan-based tool company Test Rite Tools that manufactures the line of products and accessories. They have their North American headquarters located in New York as well as factories in China and Taiwan.
Are they knocking them off and claiming US made? The hyper tough prybars I've seen recently look like Wilde's with a hyper tough logo

Are they knocking them off and claiming US made? The hyper tough prybars I've seen recently look like Wilde's with a hyper tough logo
I'm not sure where the made in use comes from. Maybe just the grip? What I posted was a quote from a website. I double checked a different site with the same result.

Top Back Refresh