What's new

M.E.T. Snow Update

Just saw on one of the Bronco groups I'm in that there's going to be a group meeting at the same time same place as well.

Reactions: Clb
Tracks,portals, man the old days of a chained up flatfender sure has changed :smokin:

Looking like we need WLDWUN to send us out like last year, off the beaten track...:beer:
will see if I can make it but not sure as of today.

I would expect it will be a zoo up there as there isnt enough snow up higher to keep many people away.
logging has been going on very heavy this year and roads are going to be in wide open corridors in most places.

best bets will be up MET and either down Silverfork a ways (then back up to MET) or go down 9N30 like we did last time and out to North South.

Looks like there will be plenty of new snow this weekend, and all the way down below the start of MET

* WHAT...Heavy snow. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 2 feet. Winds gusting as high as 55 mph.

* WHEN...From 4 AM Saturday to 6 AM PST Sunday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snow levels around 2,000 to 3,000 feet Saturday afternoon, reaching as low as 1,500 feet Sunday morning. Snow rates of 2 inches per hour are possible. The hazardous conditions will impact weekend travel plans.

I hear km3's in the sub basement calling my name :idea: Must be time to get them mounted on the yota soon.
I'm rolling out @0530 for a normally 3ish hr drive, I'll be in this for those who haven't already seen it...
KIMG0379.JPG

Eta
Doing some track packing out back, not really a pozer shop:cool2:

Lil'John - How is the snow at your place? What is snow like going to Stumpy Meadows and UTC? Join us and socialize!

Lil'John - How is the snow at your place? What is snow like going to Stumpy Meadows and UTC? Join us and socialize!
I'm anti-social:flipoff2:

We got maybe 1" at 3500' that has already burnt off:frown: So far, this winter has sucked. I was hoping to get at least 3-4' of now by now.

Depending upon what is going on tomorrow, I'll take a quick jaunt up to Stump and report back.

Ya'll got comm's?
Last time we had gmrs or ham, I've got all 3, so bring it :smokin:

You thinking about switching it up and heading over Wentworth to Ice House?
See how far we can make it.

Ya'll got comm's?
Last time we had gmrs or ham, I've got all 3, so bring it :smokin:
I think most have GRMS. I have both as well.

Took a quick 30 minute drive to ~16 miles outside Georgetown. Drove out before the incoming storm.

It was as expected. Perfect plow ends around Quintette. A bunch of debris showing up along the side of the road about 2 miles before Quintette indicating watch for downed trees after storms.

Here was a picture at western Loop Rd;
Jan6WW.jpg

I turned my ass around at eastern Loop Rd(small red arrow) I was solo and I didn't feel truck was up for stupid shit to get to Stumpy:flipoff2:

It would have been quicker trip but I got caught being a couple of chuckleheads who couldn't drive out of a paper bag:shaking:

Chuckleheads aside, That looks miserable.
Just greasy nuff to slow ya down.
Hopefully the next storm DUMPS ON IT...
Thanx fer the update:beer:

Chuckleheads aside, That looks miserable.
Just greasy nuff to slow ya down.
Hopefully the next storm DUMPS ON IT...
Thanx fer the update:beer:
Between the two Loop Rds, it was a downhill with enough of a grade that I just shook my head hoping there was a good turn around spot before I had to back up:homer:

Because it was early, it was definitely slick and took a bit of watching.

Between the two Loop Rds, it was a downhill with enough of a grade that I just shook my head hoping there was a good turn around spot before I had to back up:homer:

Because it was early, it was definitely slick and took a bit of watching.
Thanks for checking it out, that looks icey and not much fun.

Tonka mode engaged.
Let's hope for depth up there :grinpimp:

20240106_113906.jpg

Anyone want this ?
Weapons cleaning kit, emptied out when new.
I'll bring it tomorrow.
20240106_125413.jpg
20240106_125438.jpg

Last edited:
It darkened up here in Sac in the last hour, but no rain *it is now sprinkling *

Last edited:
It is coming down nicely outside of Georgetown. Maybe 1-2" accumulated. Too bad they are predicting it to end here in a couple of hours:frown:

Just checked the map, I'm 2 hrs 15m out not 3.
Freakin google.
I'm still leaving 0530-0600 probably be there tween 0800 0830
Incase y'all wanna start early.
If not 0900 works for me.

Last edited:
Sun's out down here.

If I can I'll get there early and we can bomb up the hill a bit.

Channel 15 on GRMS good for everyone?
462 550

Top Back Refresh