What's new

M.E.T. Snow Update

Was up at Uncle Tom's, hartless, and loon today. About 2ft of new powder on top of hartless. 2" down at mainstreet g town.

It was cold today... 20deg or so. I had to stop about every 20min to break my wipers out of their ice blocks. I had a buddy up on MET today and he said conditions should be great up by silverfork tomorrow. See yall at Safeway. Any radio comms works for me.

1000009099.jpg

1000009096.jpg

Awesome! Your bro too?
Nope I’ll be alone. We ended up busting ass replacing my uncle’s sewer line in ground that was more roots than dirt. He didn’t have time to go through the CJ and make sure it would be good to go and I think he is spending his Sunday relaxing. :lmao:

Hopefully my back loosens up or you guys are going to get a show watching me get in and out of the Jeep. :lmao:

Nope I’ll be alone. We ended up busting ass replacing my uncle’s sewer line in ground that was more roots than dirt. He didn’t have time to go through the CJ and make sure it would be good to go and I think he is spending his Sunday relaxing. :lmao:

Hopefully my back loosens up or you guys are going to get a show watching me get in and out of the Jeep. :lmao:
Well use some gay traction boards and winch your ass in if we have to:flipoff2:

See you at Safeway

Some still shots from potato

Attachments

• 20240107_113953.jpg
    20240107_113953.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 10
  • 20240107_114315.jpg
    20240107_114315.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 10
  • 20240107_114322.jpg
    20240107_114322.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 11
  • 20240107_123337.jpg
    20240107_123337.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 12
  • 20240107_123342.jpg
    20240107_123342.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 10
  • 20240107_130338.mp4
    32.6 MB
  • 20240107_132403.jpg
    20240107_132403.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 8
Heading up tomorrow if anyone wants to go for a drive.
Up Silverfork to MET than see what happens.
Meeting my buddy at the 76 in Kyburz 0930.

Well, it’s a Monday so I’ll be at work. Bummer as snow should be deep.

let us know how it went.

I know if the snow gets down to Kyburz they will close the gate right after the last house to keep people off the steep hill there.

Reactions: Clb
been getting lots of rain in Pollock Pines but should be snow up the hill.
lots more on the way.

* WHAT...Very heavy snow expected.
Total snow accumulations of 2 to 4 feet expected with up to 5 to 6 feet at mountain peaks. Southerly winds gusting as high as 55 mph.*

WHERE...Western Plumas County/Lassen Park and West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada, including Interstate 80 over Donner Pass and Highway 50 over Echo Summit.*

WHEN...From 4 AM Sunday to 4 AM PST Tuesday.*

IMPACTS...Travel will be very difficult to impossible from travel delays, snow covered roads, and reduced visibility, with possible chain controls and road closures. Very strong winds could cause extensive tree damage.*

ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snow levels will be 3000 to 4000 feet initially, increasing to 4000 to 6000 feet by Sunday afternoon and 4000 to 5000 feet on Monday. Heaviest snow rates will be Sunday with highest accumulations above 6000 feet.

Good.

Next Saturday the 10th anyone around to play? Brother is coming up from Fresno for some snow time.

Might do Sunday also then. You ain’t watching the foosball game?
Ahahaha. Probably not. I misread that.
I'm free all weekend so whatever works best.
Went up off Ice House, snow at upper elevations is starting to get deep. Saw trace snow on the ground at Sly Park and I imagine it's dumping pretty good right now.
1000009065.jpg
1000009085.jpg

... Saw trace snow on the ground at Sly Park and I imagine it's dumping pretty good right now.
to warm.
I was out on North South yesterday until 5pm.
just rain, no new snow and almost nothing but a few inches of slush on the ground.
I am sure it is a lot different up by Silverfork.

Was quiet up there today due to the football game. Saw three cops on the highway on the way up from Sac, usually never see any. Just past North/South there were two forest service cops heading down. The lead one lit my brother up. Apparently was hoping to give a citation for not being 4wd, dude must not see many Lexus GX 470. Brother even had to show him that it had a shift lever for the t-case. They must have left the road because not to long after a Subaru was coming up.

There was a group by North South in a minivan, then the Subaru group and then a super wide Raptor with a Toyota and an S10.. That was it.

Not much snow below 5k, and even above that there was asphalt visible in the heavily traveled section. While the main road was packed down, the sides still offered plenty of deep snow to play. It was nice wet good traction stuff.

Past Alder Creek snow got deep, and within a mile or three of Silverfork it was really deep. And…it was the soft fluffy junk. Well, it’s 5 on a Sunday and we were close, so thought we’d try to make it to Silverfork. I mean, why not. At this point, it’s mainly singe width road, and judging by the tracks leading off the road …that only went like 20 feet and tracks are like 3-4 feet deep, people weren’t making it far.

It was all fun and games till the heavy Dodge sank. Not gonna lie, when my brother radiod just then that he too was stuck, I got worried. No one else out here, Sunday night, no more trees to winch from. We were moderately prepared but I wasn’t excited about the prospect of staying the night. Luckily my brother got out. The more I worked, the worse it got. After some digging, pulling and traction boards (I no longer hate them), I was out. Now we only had to back up like a 1/4 mile due to the single width road, and we did not want to risk going into the deep stuff on the side.

Somewhere up here is where I got stuck.
IMG_1024.jpeg

This was by 9N18
IMG_1023.jpeg

IMG_7082.jpeg

..... Apparently was hoping to give a citation for not being 4wd, dude must not see many Lexus GX 470. Brother even had to show him that it had a shift lever for the t-case. They must have left the road because not to long after a Subaru was coming up.

I hate that part of the Forest Order.

for those not aware
when covered in snow, street legal vehicles need to be 4WD.
also, All wheel drive (AWD) per CA vehicle code is not the same as 4WD, so they are not permitted.

the other part is that green sticker vehicles over 1000cc are not allowed.
so, someone that has a street legal Toyota 4WD is allowed, the same vehicle but only green sticker is not.
also, would ban some of the newer side SXS that are over 1000 cc.

Top Back Refresh