What's new

M.E.T. Snow Update

I’ll be up there this Saturday with a group. Where does everyone park their tow rigs and trailers to stage for MET? Never trailered a rig up there
anyplace past the second dam is fine as long as you are off the pavement.
snow will be low on Saturday so I wouldn't park past Bonetti with a trailer.
have fun
keep in mind all the dirt roads did close on December 1st

Had fun yesterday. Snow wasn’t too deep. More like sierra cement. It was coming down good. Fresh tracks to the top and on the way down. Didn’t catch Dirtyjed but we were in and out early

Attachments

• 3DF56D56-0249-41D4-B87B-6027F86C5C4A.jpeg
    3DF56D56-0249-41D4-B87B-6027F86C5C4A.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 13
Dirty rumor mill is saying logging company is gonna start plowing so they can keep pulling trees through winter.
Any truth to this?

Also thinking about headed up this weekend if anyone wants to play. Or head up to UTC for tacos on Saturday

Dirty rumor mill is saying logging company is gonna start plowing so they can keep pulling trees through winter.
Any truth to this?

Also thinking about headed up this weekend if anyone wants to play. Or head up to UTC for tacos on Saturday
not sure but would not surprise me on that.
will take years to get all the trees out of there

snow level is going to be high the next few days

Headed to UTC sunday from the icehouse side
I haven't been up Hartless yet this year but lookin from Icehouse there was a good amount of snow, but with the warm rain we have had I think there will just be deep slush until
you get to the top

It was plowed to usual spot before 1st dam.
With this tropical storm system I don't imagine much snow.
My buddy in SLT said it was raining lakeside yesterday.

Went up yesterday , no snow below 6k’. After that it got deep.
Lots of groups up there. We didn’t try to go far, just stopped for a place to enjoy the day.

We went in from icehouse side and had snow till we got over hartless. A lot of people up there but it was a great day and I think everyone had a good day

Drove over the hill to wheel in NV.
Anything below 6000' is melted, above is melting slower.
Nevada snow was slushy as well. Warm enough to put the top back for most of the day.
20230106_132909.jpg
20230106_114644.jpg
20230106_114611.jpg

just going to post this up for information on MET

there are rules that effect MET when covered in snow. green stickered wheeled vehicles are allowed but only up to 1000cc.
there have been several people out in Polaris Rzr Pro R
these are 1997 cc side by sides and are not legal on the road even when covered in snow. they have been warned several times but now have been issued citations. keep in mind this will also affect any buggy, Toyota or Jeep that is green stickered only.
They also have been citing for smaller ATV/UTV when operated without a helmet.

They are also getting tired of the off-road travel that keeps happening.
here are the roads open off MET
Bonetti, 10N55, all the way through to North South
Snowmill, 10N59, only to a point about 6 miles back
Pebble Canyon, 10N58, all the way to North South
North South Road 10N83, all the way to Omo Ranch Road
Light Canyon, 10N43, only about 2 miles in
Alder Creek, 10N46, normally open but closed because the bridge damaged in the fire
Capps Reservoir, 9N30, all the way to North South
Silverfork Road, 11N40, open but can be a locked gate at the bottom

also, you cannot travel past 9N20 (about a mile past Silverfork) in any wheeled vehicle as it is part of the snowmobile trail system in the winter

there are lots of people in all types of vehicles there every day.
do the right thing and have fun and it should not be an issue.

thanx
to add to this...
you effin snowflakes( you know who YOU are} :flipoff2: don't ruin this for us

Ended up on MET since WWS got closed down. Didn't get out till midnight. 😁
Snowed till about 1000pm, than anything that had been driven over turned to an ice rink.
20230224_211525.jpg
20230224_211601.jpg

I heard last weekend was a shit show until a certain point, then only the capable rigs were able to go farther than that which was 10 rigs or less. Curious how it will be this weekend. I haven't been up there this year yet

Was quiet up there today, not many tracks. EID was plowing to Bonetti Road. Not sure if they went down Bonetti, there was a backhoe and a pickup plowing. They were at Bonetti/MET when we passed them and then were behind them when we left about two hours later.

We stopped between Bonetti and Pilliken, nobody went by for like an hour, this was around 1:30-2:00. Was snowing pretty good.

B8DDC5A8-5E8A-4712-ACD7-CD300F43F497.jpeg
B897DFDD-DCCD-49B1-9CB2-BECCE7F132C9.jpeg
F65367EF-9CD9-4B94-B5F5-A8DF158B1642.jpeg

Top Back Refresh