What's new

Loader tech in chit chat

I just love the way it sounds. Nice work keeping it going. And thanks for the vids/pics!

I think it sounds awesome. Friends that bought the second parcel over last year came over saying the engine sounded like it was gonna come flying apart at any moment, I should have told them that’s the definition of diesel as far as I know. I dont know if they don’t know what a diesel is supposed to sound like, or maybe the sound is distorted passing through the trees.

funny how dirt/clay gets to being like really dusty water when it gets dried and drove on a bunch
when I was doing the basement excavation stuff my driveway was about 8" deep of that powder

Turbo cooling line was leaking, had to remove air cleaner and hood to get to it. Most turbo clamps and bolts were loose, I tightened it all.

58D6E956-DAA8-41FD-837D-A5033E16E8AE.jpeg

19BF4792-6427-4233-82F0-766EB985790B.jpeg

97EE87DD-9B03-4AC5-AB2A-A78E7231230F.jpeg

I also tried to clear one of the pivot (articulation) pin grease zerk holes, grease won’t go through it. The one that’s clear puts grease on the bottom of the three plates that contact the pin, I’m assuming the other goes to the top. I pushed something up there until it hit metal, it wasn’t clogged. I guess the cross hole is clogged. Do I want to remove a pivot pin, or is that a nightmare? Sounds like it needs to be cleaned. I can slowly force grease in, then it comes out of the zerk after I release the grease gun hose.

Have you tried a grease buster or something similar? The mechanics at my old job had one with an air hammer attachment that worked well.

Edit shit beat me to it

Leave gun on fitting for awhile. It might go in. There are tools to put pb blaster or other thin lube in,strike with a hammer to inject. Be worth a try before pulling pins on the mt.

Get a porta power pump and pull the grease zerk and most likely its1/8 pipe just get fitting to hook porta power oump to it and pump oil under pressure till it breaks free. Do it all timewith my fleet
this my grandpa had a portapower fitting with a zerk chuck on it specifically for blowing through fittings that aren't taking grease

I also tried to clear one of the pivot (articulation) pin grease zerk holes, grease won’t go through it. The one that’s clear puts grease on the bottom of the three plates that contact the pin, I’m assuming the other goes to the top. I pushed something up there until it hit metal, it wasn’t clogged. I guess the cross hole is clogged. Do I want to remove a pivot pin, or is that a nightmare? Sounds like it needs to be cleaned. I can slowly force grease in, then it comes out of the zerk after I release the grease gun hose.
As Blacksheep10 suggested, I would use the loader and or articulation to see if you can change which direction the load on the pin is, try either lifting the loader off the ground or using the loader to lift the front wheels off the ground as well as turning from side to side to see if that changes the load on the pin enough to let the slug of hardened grease work through and let you work fresh grease in behind it.

Aaron Z

this my grandpa had a portapower fitting with a zerk chuck on it specifically for blowing through fittings that aren't taking grease
Same principle but the zerk fitting rarely holds the lighter liquid with out leaking out, thus loosing pressure meant for the pin to wash it out.
And i have had a few that didnt want to budge with oil until i use some heat on the pin or boss, usually didnt take much to get a blowout of oil

Rear brakes won’t bleed, fluid is barely spitting out of the master cylinder. I plan on bringing it home to be rebuilt at the end of this trip.

Finally decided to see why the front brakes quit working a few years ago. Lifted the wheels off the ground and they wouldn’t spin, two of us could barely move them. Started checking the adjustment, and it felt like it was too tight already. Backed them off and then they freewheeled. Doh! My now deceased friend adjusted them, and I remember doing what the book said to do. So I try bleeding, and fluid shoots out good, no air. Now I’m thinking the shoes and pads are glazed over and they won’t grab. That means pulling the front wheels off again.

Top Back Refresh