What's new

Loader tech in chit chat

How much fuel does it burn an hour? I am thinking the altitude has to effect it.

Our current and only burn pile has gotten too big to add anything else. We don’t have another area to burn, so I started making one. A neighbor commented that the fire spreads through duff under the snow and is really hard to stop, I’m thinking “duh”, that’s why I only burn with bare dirt around the pile.

We’re doing some thinning too, and used it to move this stuff.

3FC345AB-328D-4CF9-A915-EB3E0360631D.jpeg

Last edited:
I broke three 1/2” cables on the last two trips, pulling stumps. I‘m looking at increasing cable size to avoid that. I did some research. 1/2” cable breaks at 19,000 lbs, 5/8” breaks at 29,000 lbs, and 3/4“ breaks at 40,000 lbs. I’m thinking the only limiting factor is I don’t want the cable stronger that what holds what it’s attached to onto the loader.

I broke three 1/2” cables on the last two trips, pulling stumps. I‘m looking at increasing cable size to avoid that. I did some research. 1/2” cable breaks at 19,000 lbs, 5/8” breaks at 29,000 lbs, and 3/4“ breaks at 40,000 lbs. I’m thinking the only limiting factor is I don’t want the cable stronger that what holds what it’s attached to onto the loader.
Call some local crane operators. Ask if you can buy some cable that's no longer suitable for overhead lifting.

Size your loader side pin to be the failure point. Don't break expensive cables.

And if the loader side pin is the failure point, make sure there is nobody in the radius of where that cable will reach behind the back tires of the loader

And if the loader side pin is the failure point, make sure there is nobody in the radius of where that cable will reach behind the back tires of the loader

All three breaks went away from the loader, two being thrown past the stump up in the manzanita. It has me thinking about expanded metal over the back window.

Price on a roll? And can you arrange shipping to a commercial address? 40601

Cable stayed bridge is more materially efficient and easier to construct because no counterweights.

The tilt cylinder I resealed in the spring was leaking bad again. My son and I went up yesterday and got it. I already got it back together with a new gland and different type seal. It had v packing, I put in a u pack (I think that’s what he called it). I eliminated the end play by putting a convex/flat v pack against the v machined into the end of the bushing. it worked perfect. Hopefully that does the trick. I’m tired of dealing with it.

Top Back Refresh