What's new

Loader tech in chit chat

It wasn’t the pump or pump hoses, it was the ferrule/nut on a really small tube. I didn’t have a ferrule or cap/plug, so I put a grease zerk in there for now. I got some use out of it that way, I’ll go up next time with the right parts.

All this time I thought the air horn had a line leak near the horn, last time I had someone step on the horn button while I was at the air horn. There’s air coming out of the horn where it’s supposed to, just greatly reduced I guess. Maybe just clean it?

Right before the loader went down in 2020 I bought two springs to try and fix a sticking throttle, at full throttle only. Well, it was still sticking occasionally. I had put the lighter spring on. Now the heavier one is on, no more sticking.

It wasn’t the pump or pump hoses, it was the ferrule/nut on a really small tube. I didn’t have a ferrule or cap/plug, so I put a grease zerk in there for now. I got some use out of it that way, I’ll go up next time with the right parts.

Fixed this, but turns out it wasn’t just a small leak. The hose attached to the bottom of the steer tank was leaking. It was running down the bottom of the hose, that’s why I didn’t notice it before. Tightened the hose connection, no leak now.

Last edited:
I don't comment much, but this thread fascinates me. Would love to see videos of the machine working and maybe some before/after of what you are actually doing.

An early pic of what is now our clearing. I know there’s glare, but couldn’t find a good one facing this direction.
25A376AF-A5DC-42D2-BBA7-02E34056CC71.jpeg

This was a couple years ago, you can see the same oak tree in both pictures.
5BD9BE17-4FD6-4BCD-BEDF-907EE7E0EB99.jpeg

same here with the clay driveway, you end up with 6" of powder on top if you don't keep up on topdressing it with gravel

so far this year it's been wet enough to keep from becoming that way but later this year we'll see if I've pounded in enough stone to avoid it yet

Did one of the rear brakes, this one got new wheel cylinders. Still one more wheel left to do.

81984578-752F-4106-8150-2CFD6CEC8234.jpeg

E77C1BAE-6D7E-4DF6-8821-E4AAB4E2EE21.jpeg

E9F2D4BC-D8AC-4546-81C2-B617CC73DB40.jpeg

Replaced the seal.
758AAB01-B684-43A0-A703-674D3BCB78F4.jpeg

I don’t have the best means to support it, I only had blocks in one spot until I saw I was gonna have to leave it until next trip. It wasn’t flopped over when I got back, luckily. My helper was only up for one day, and we couldn’t finish it. Plus the spindle nut spanner tool I made broke, one pin broke. We reinforced it with steel around the pins up to the point the pins are needed. The plate the pins stick out of can’t get flush, because of spindle sticking out.
70B6C964-ADBE-489E-8F62-E5266BBA20F6.jpeg

I don’t have pictures of it back together.

That's really dusty vs what I'm accustomed to. I would move my man camp further from the work in your scenario. That would make me crazy.

That's really dusty vs what I'm accustomed to. I would move my man camp further from the work in your scenario. That would make me crazy.

We have a spot away from everything that I started leveling for a camp, we haven’t given it priority though. I did want the camp out of my work area initially, but there was nowhere to do that.

That’s a big fella.

Tractor sounds good! At least from this side, bet it is louder than heck in the driver seat.

Top Back Refresh