What's new

Loader tech in chit chat

Installing the seal stretched it out like last time, so I’ve got it compressed in to hold it there. Doing this overnight worked on the other cylinder, then it went together. The only thing I’m waiting on now is the bushing that goes inside the gland, I’m having a v machined into one end. Both old ones were already that way, the only available new one isn’t. The reason it’s needed is to get the right thickness to keep the bushing and seals from moving inside the gland, that would cause them to wear too fast. Once it’s back together I’ll go up and put the cylinder back on the loader, weather permitting.

39DE5E4D-0ACD-4D13-ACF4-60D259DD421E.jpeg

First thing I want to do is get the brakes working. The front were dragging, and are glazed over. We can use the bucket to lift the front, that makes it easier. Another issue is we don’t have a wide enough level spot for the tripod we use to lift the wheel and back it out of the way, it was a struggle to hold it from flopping over last time. So widening and leveling is first. Also the right rear started leaking after doing the rear brakes, so that wheel needs to come off too. After that we’ll put the grapple on and take saw logs to my friend with the next driveway, and a sawmill. That’s a paved road and somewhat steep, so I want the brakes working. I could have a passing pickup come along while out there.

Top Back Refresh