What's new

Lets Argue About 22LR Pistols

I should fix that. I’ve got .45, 10mm, and 9mm. Need a .22

Two birds, one bullet.

IMG_5939.jpeg

I bought the ruger SR22 a while back. Its fun to shoot, but kind of a POS. Trigger is not great, sights are ok. Its compact, thin and light. Its good practice for shooting subcompacts like a sig 365.

I vote for ruger Mk4, bull barrel and mount a red dot
Backwards safety

What red dot mount is that?
It's from EGW:

I don't remember the EXACT configuration (EGW has thousands of configurations, literally), but I had to double/triple check compatibility for a RMSc mount. I took the Swampfox off of my EDC simply because one had to remove the optic to replace the battery and my EDC (P365) does NOT have any locating bosses to ensure zero. The P365 only has the two threaded bores to mount and it is a sloppy fit. The EGW mount DOES have the mounting bosses to ensure zero. Worth every penny (it actually was only ~$28, IIRC). Went to a Holosun 507 series on my EDC (battery can be replaced without removing optic).

I have a Ruger MK4 target stainless with at least 2,500 rounds through it and not a single jam or misfire using mostly cheap ammo. Disassembly/reassembly and cleaning is a breeze.

Got around to cutting the ejector slot a lil deeper so it fits my compact. Mag springs are a tad weak and will need changed out before long

20240203_171851.jpg

I think I'm $200ish into the 22 slide. This lil fucker is goona get the piss shot out of it:smokin:

20240204_124851.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a mark III 22/45 lite about a year before ruger released the mark IV. Put a speed strip kit in it and a primary arms red dot. Loved the gun and it shot great. Then I got a Smith & Wesson victory performance center, wow a lot better gun! This thing shoots everything great!
20240122_174344.jpg

Speaking of MK III's, anyone here install that upgraded spring that makes it not such a motherfucker to reassemble?

This the kit i used on my mark III. Worked like a charm.

Had a EAA small bore bounty hunter...a single action .22. It was a great .22 and very accurate. Traded it for a revelation 30/30 that was stamped and sold through Western Auto 😁

Had a EAA small bore bounty hunter...a single action .22. It was a great .22 and very accurate. Traded it for a revelation 30/30 that was stamped and sold through Western Auto 😁
Was that one of Marlin's off brand offerings? I have a 30AS from a department store that's very accurate. Basically a 336 with Birch furniture.

Anyone have a Taurus TX22? I have a .22 can in jail and its one of the few Taurus products that seems to be widely liked with good reviews.

Anyone have a Taurus TX22? I have a .22 can in jail and its one of the few Taurus products that seems to be widely liked with good reviews.
TX22 is an awesome gun. Don’t have one personally but from what I’ve seen it’s not too picky on ammo.

I’m heading to the gun shop this evening to possibly trade a Taurus G3 I won at a banquet for a Buckmark camper. The G3 is NIB the buckmark is used but in good condition.

Top Back Refresh