What's new

Lets Argue About 22LR Pistols

Jakey_Recline

Gay for Toyotas
Member Number
Loc
Memphis
Looking for a 22 pistol. I have a High Standard but want to add either a Buck Mark or Ruger MK.
Argue below.

Picked up my Buckmark last week haven’t shot it yet.

Shot a friends last year, really liked it so bought one.

FYI it’s my 1st .22 pistol so limited experience for what it’s worth.

I have a Ruger MKII Target and a MKIV Hunter.
The MKII has a much better trigger out of the box but the MKIV with a Volquartsen trigger is pretty fantastic. It's better than a stock MKII trigger.
I have well North of 10,000 rounds through mine so far and it's one of my favorite guns I own.
I don't have much experience with the Buck Mark so no arguments from me.:emb:

I've go a MkII Target, too. Plenty of bolt on crap on it (grips, sights and now a RMR). Does the Buckmark have the same support? IDK...

IMG_0014.jpeg

I have a MKIII slab side that I like real well, except for when I have to clean it, they're a bitch to reassemble which is the big advantage of the MKIV which doesn't have that issue.

What use case?

TandemKross has a lot of upgrades for both. I shoot Steel Challenge with my older 1993 Buckmark that was originally the Silhouette version with 10" bull barrel, foregrip and adjustable front and rear sights. Now it has the lightweight Tactical Solutions barrel and comp, TacSol rail, and TandemKross parts: trigger, sear spring, extended mag release, mag base pads, extractor. It had the charging handle and some G10 grips but I changed those out recently.
20180304_175558.jpg

Break in directions? You mean lube it up an go shoot?

Mine ran great on minimags but was pretty pissy about any bulk ammo. Killed a handful of grouse with it though

Ruger mk4 tactical lite has been on my to-buy list for a loooong time :grinpimp:

they're all pretty cool

I'm a fan of the ruger toob style ones, with the mk2 up at the top of the list
but they're all great, so long as they run good,
bit of preference for old production rather than brand new

never shot a buckmark, but have shot a newer colt with that style of "half slide" going on that was a bit of a jammomatic
Buy one, see if it'll run for you.

Break in directions? You mean lube it up an go shoot?

Mine ran great on minimags but was pretty pissy about any bulk ammo. Killed a handful of grouse with it though
Said it needed a brick of cci mags before it would reliably eat other shit.

Sig

Attachments

• E5732A56-9B43-481C-86D8-06296392991F.jpeg
    E5732A56-9B43-481C-86D8-06296392991F.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 16
Marvels kit???
Have a ruger mk3 hunter 6", fun to shoot, accurate, reliable.
Have a buckmark for the wife with 6" or so barrel. fun to shoot accurate and reliable. she likes that the grips are purple.
Have a Sig p322 and shoot it mostly suppressed, it has been reliable and is a lot of fun to shoot. If you want more than 10 rounds I would look at one of these.
Had an uzi 22 pistol, didn't do much for me, was reliable, but the sights sucked, it was heavy and not ergonomic in the slightest.
Had a sig mosquito, (not really made by sig, but by an umarex, or gsg) after a fair amount of polishing and removing the mag safety it was ok. Would not cycle for the wife no matter what I tried. Would work for me with CCI. Sold to my brother and he likes it a lot. Have heard all kinds of horror story's of these guns being terrible and jamming all the time. would not recommend.

Another vote for Ruger MkIV. Stupid easy to take apart and service.

I also highly recommend older H&R revolvers, my model 999 is very accurate.

I've got a 22/45 Lite with a Burris FF3 on it. It's a hoot, but I'm not a particularly good shot with it. I'm generally bad with pistols regardless.

Then I shot an acquaintance's 22/45 Target and holy cow, I was making shots! That longer heavier barrel really made a difference for me.

20210121104909-12011f0b-me.png

Top Back Refresh