What's new

Land rover tcase LT230 thread

very tight clearance with a 4l80e and the marks 4wd adapter I used to fit a lt230/Ashcroft under drive in my buggy…

So Im back on this kick again, looking to put an aw4 behind a 22re with 1tons and 40-42s, I want high range to actually be usable.

Google shows a few more results popping up for adapters to common transmissions. I still don't see why no one is doing a 231/241 crawl box to lt230 case when the adapters are $1200-1600 or more. :homer:

Would anyone else be interested in a doubler? I emailed a small company that makes 231/241 doubler and he seems somewhat interested so far.

Would anyone else be interested in a doubler? I emailed a small company that makes 231/241 doubler and he seems somewhat interested so far.
don't you have a +2" IFS kit to get out? :flipoff2:

Place is in Yakima, so he's not terribly far from either of us.

His main concern is the front output clearing the crawl box. Do you have a lt230 and a 231 front half to roughly mock up?
So Froelich…

He’s fine as long as you expect things to happen on his schedule not yours.

Place is in Yakima, so he's not terribly far from either of us.

His main concern is the front output clearing the crawl box. Do you have a lt230 and a 231 front half to roughly mock up?
Ill do some measuring and let you know.

I'd definitely be interested if you end up getting something going. more than willing to do some testing and cut up a LT 230 to make it happen

Fuck the crawl box, somebody needs to make the bolt on reduction box agian. It went on the back side so your driveshaft didn't get any shorter.

Like this!

bench.jpg

Fuck the crawl box, somebody needs to make the bolt on reduction box agian. It went on the back side so your driveshaft didn't get any shorter.
They want the crawl box because it acts as an adapter to a normal transmission. Nobody cares about the reduction box because then you are limited to some dumb rover tranny or some expensive, long, adapter to attach it to a normal trans.

Or have both and enjoy your …. 8 speed t-case?!

What are the gears in that rear bolt on reduction box?

You’ve probably seen the np203 doubler for the lt230. If the 203 reduction box works then it will clear a 231 fine.

That is a sweet option for guys who already have the tcase mounted in or have a short rear driveshaft.

They want the crawl box because it acts as an adapter to a normal transmission. Nobody cares about the reduction box because then you are limited to some dumb rover tranny or some expensive, long, adapter to attach it to a normal trans.

Exactly, especially when a simple adapter is literally more than an ecobox. :homer:

You’ve probably seen the np203 doubler for the lt230. If the 203 reduction box works then it will clear a 231 fine.

I found the one dude who built one. I actually like the 2:1 ratio better.

Does anyone sell that adapter?

The adapter I have to a GM trans is 1" thick. The outputs on the 230 don't have very much offset. A thicker plate would help the front ds to clear the trans.

The adapter I have to a GM trans is 1" thick. The outputs on the 230 don't have very much offset. A thicker plate would help the front ds to clear the trans.

You have a 32sp adapter? Want to sell? :flipoff2:

I think that would be another benefit to a doubler.

Sounds like a crawler instead of an adapter would be perfect for your.

I heard mention of the 203 lt230 doubler in this thread.

Here’s the thread where the guy built one.

Seems like a cool option.

Top Back Refresh