What's new

Lame small tire build

Paused from the jetting experiments on the 3K to play around with the Hyundai Pony carb. Got impatient waiting on studs to come in the mail and miraculously found some long 8mm studs at Ace and got to it
IMG_1168.JPG

IMG_1169.JPG

IMG_1170.JPG

Had to use the 3k heat insulator/spacer because of linkage binding against the manifold. Throttle cable mounting was the first challenge, had to wrap the threaded end in tape to get it to clamped down tightly enough, and then jammed the nuts against it to keep the cable tightish
IMG_1172.JPG

IMG_1173.JPG

Choke cable was slightly simpler to get correct.

The simple open air cleaner I made for the 3K won’t fit the Pony due to interference from the vacuum choke pull off. Re-designed the plates and need to get them cut out at Send Cut Send

In the meantime I had been playing with the stock samurai carb hat to make an intake pipe.

Only pod filter I have is this giant bastard that rubs against the hood. And this intake does nothing but suck hot air. Oh well, it’s temporary

0E6F1E9C-DADF-45F6-8E9F-7DE0464BBEAC.jpeg

The only adjustment I can see on the pony is this screw that must be the a/f adjustment for idle. I twisted it around till the idle sounded best :rasta:
E1FD9D61-DA79-4DEB-93C3-373D5A7C5A6F.jpeg

Test drive it feels about the same as the 3k on the street and it cold starts very quickly.

Anxious to try it off-road

Top Back Refresh