What's new

Iran Explosions - Blames Israel and threatens war Yah De Dah

and you think that if we could have funneled military aid to a nearby country that would have bombed those countries before they had the capability that we wouldn't have?
Point is that the genie is out of the bottle. It will take a very big event/technology to clear the planet of nukes.

Israel is doing it out of perceived self preservation not some altruistic duty to the USA. During the Gulf war, they showed amazing restraint in not going after the Scuds themselves, uh year their aircraft were grounded because we didn't give them the good-guy transponder codes and would have been targets from friendly fire. Israel has kicked ass on Muslim countries in two wars without using nukes, and I don't see that as being a real likely outcome with all of the big boys and their stockpiles, China and Iran are getting more and more friendly...of course they are. :shaking: Fucking dirty yellow bastards are going to be the scourge that kills the Earth.

Point is that the genie is out of the bottle. It will take a very big event/technology to clear the planet of nukes.

Israel is doing it out of perceived self preservation not some altruistic duty to the USA. During the Gulf war, they showed amazing restraint in not going after the Scuds themselves, uh year their aircraft were grounded because we didn't give them the good-guy transponder codes and would have been targets from friendly fire. Israel has kicked ass on Muslim countries in two wars without using nukes, and I don't see that as being a real likely outcome with all of the big boys and their stockpiles, China and Iran are getting more and more friendly...of course they are. :shaking: Fucking dirty yellow bastards are going to be the scourge that kills the Earth.
I agree, but do you want more to worry about, or just limit the proliferation?

The more countries that have access the more likely something bad happens.
not that we're fucking angels, we're terrible human beings that use money to gain influence and cause other people pain.
but at least we're not "nuke the world for ideological reasons" levels of fucked up.

not that we're fucking angels, we're terrible human beings that use money to gain influence and cause other people pain.
but at least we're not "nuke the world for ideological reasons" levels of fucked up.
Yet!

Carl Sagan once used the analogy speaking of the US and the USSR;

"You have two people standing knee deep in a room of gasoline, each with a handful of matches. To prevent the explosion do you give them more matches, or make them give up matches?"

SALT and other treaties have been lip-service mostly, and I don't trust the US, China or any other nuke nation with honest reporting. We're still knee deep.

"You have two people standing knee deep in a room of gasoline, each with a handful of matches. To prevent the explosion do you give them more matches, or make them give up matches?"

SALT and other treaties have been lip-service mostly, and I don't trust the US, China or any other nuke nation with honest reporting. We're still knee deep.
yes, but do you want to add more people in the room holding matches?

The number of matches doesn't matter if the people holding them don't all want to die.
you keep adding people in the room and eventually we'l find one that DGAF and just wants to watch everyone burn.

yes, but do you want to add more people in the room holding matches?

The number of matches doesn't matter if the people holding them don't all want to die.
you keep adding people in the room and eventually we'l find one that DGAF and just wants to watch everyone burn.
Or lights the match to get 72 virgins...

Difference being, everyone is standing in gasoline, in their own rooms, and few people have matches they can throw in any room.

If we have 10, let's make it 100.
If every other country has 2, let's make it zero for them.

My .02

I'll give you the pretty women part of the argument. And also the fact we waste a bunch of money on lots of countries that I'm not sure we get a return on. And I'll argue that we are wasting money in Isreal
I disagree. They are willing to get their hands dirty in ways that the US uninformed people and media wont put up with. Our support secures that willingness. It is money well spent.

I disagree. They are willing to get their hands dirty in ways that the US uninformed people and media wont put up with. Our support secures that willingness. It is money well spent.
this is how I see it too. The US lets Israel do the shit that we can't do without the UN/Media/voters back home throwing a bitch fit about..

Some of you are missing the point. Israel is our lightning rod. They take the shit, and even take the risks of strategic moves so we don't have to.

That is well worth the price. I have no problem with aid to our allies. Sending money to our enemies or those who talk shit about us 24/7 is a completely different matter. I would question if some of you who dislike aiding Israel are really mad about the tax money or if it's just antisemitism.

Some of you are missing the point. Israel is our lightning rod. They take the shit, and even take the risks of strategic moves so we don't have to.

That is well worth the price. I have no problem with aid to our allies. Sending money to our enemies or those who talk shit about us 24/7 is a completely different matter. I would question if some of you who dislike aiding Israel are really mad about the tax money or if it's just antisemitism.
Just about the money. Isreal would not exist if not for the Marshall plan. And a whole lot of money from else where.

Just about the money. Isreal would not exist if not for the Marshall plan. And a whole lot of money from else where.

The Marshall plan was an economic one immediately post WWII. I have never heard it mentioned in the same breath as Israel. Only Germany and Japan. History can rewrite itself. You mentioned that with Israel it was a $$ issue to you with little benefit. You seemed ignorant of the gains, the positive of the relationship. Even remaining unknowing of the benefits of our ally, you never compare the $$ used on Israel with any other nation. Take a look at the chart image I posted. Thats a shit load of money that most of us, you probably included would question loudly.

Israel exists because of the blood and tears of its people. And now because it has nukes :flipoff2:

Meh. It is all printed money anyway. We are past the point it will ever be paid back in a traditional sense. B'sides, even if you could cut off the foreign payments, our illustrious politicians would just find other wasteful, stupids things domestically that necessitate the money printers go brrrrrrt.

Meh. It is all printed money anyway. We are past the point it will ever be paid back in a traditional sense. B'sides, even if you could cut off the foreign payments, our illustrious politicians would just find other wasteful, stupids things domestically that necessitate the money printers go brrrrrrt.
True. Painfully true.

The Marshall plan was an economic one immediately post WWII. I have never heard it mentioned in the same breath as Israel. Only Germany and Japan. History can rewrite itself. You mentioned that with Israel it was a $$ issue to you with little benefit. You seemed ignorant of the gains, the positive of the relationship. Even remaining unknowing of the benefits of our ally, you never compare the $$ used on Israel with any other nation. Take a look at the chart image I posted. Thats a shit load of money that most of us, you probably included would question loudly.

Israel exists because of the blood and tears of its people. And now because it has nukes :flipoff2:
Perhaps I am ignorant. But Isreal would not exist in the Middle East but for the west. They have held on to the land through their determination for sure. As to the benefits to the US ill have to do some more reading.

I look as Israel exists because countries, including the USA are and were nimbies. Even the US starting at WW2 turned away some. So, obviously it was better to have them there and not everywhere else.

Perhaps I am ignorant. But Isreal would not exist in the Middle East but for the west. They have held on to the land through their determination for sure. As to the benefits to the US ill have to do some more reading.
Certainly they needed help getting started but they CHOSE the Middle East because it was their original homeland before they were driven out/enslaved by others in the region. They knew it was going to be hard and they chose to do it anyway. That mindset has served them well over the decades.

It's not like the Eevil USA threw a dart on a map and said "put em here".:laughing:

Certainly they needed help getting started but they CHOSE the Middle East because it was their original homeland before they were driven out/enslaved by others in the region. They knew it was going to be hard and they chose to do it anyway. That mindset has served them well over the decades.

It's not like the Eevil USA threw a dart on a map and said "put em here".:laughing:
Exactly

The Hebrews/Jews go back thousands (5,000?) of years there.

The Hebrews/Jews have occupied the land of Israel waaaay before Muhammad (founder of Islam) was born.

Trivia:
Before Israel was declared a state in 1948; what did Jews living there call themselves?

Answer: PALESTINIANS!

I would question if some of you who dislike aiding Israel are really mad about the tax money or if it's just antisemitism.
Wat? :laughing:
row-skeptical-jewish-man-raising-eyebrow-183505276.jpg

:confused: I put antisemitism several steps behind racism in the Jussie Smollet Top 10 Real Things list.

Who seriously GAF about Jews being Jews?

Wat? :laughing:
row-skeptical-jewish-man-raising-eyebrow-183505276.jpg

:confused: I put antisemitism several steps behind racism in the Jussie Smollet Top 10 Real Things list.

Who seriously GAF about Jews being Jews?
ze germans.

and a colonial america.
and 19th century america.

all of this shit is based on history.

ain't nobody just letting the fuck go and getting on.

Right, but modern day? On IBB? What a weird accusation.

eta- I guess maybe PAE's got some Trilateral Commission Banker's cabal thing including Jews?
Check out news articles from around MAy of this year. There were several attacks and people running their mouth. To me it's one of those odd happenings like the seemingly "random" attacks on Asians in the US. There has always been some of this kind of shit going on, but it appears all the lawlessness has made some people more bold.

But similarly to "antisemitism" feeling weird to you, the whole "de-fund Israel" topic is rather odd to me. I just find it strange that someone is ranting about money we give Israel, which does serve a purpose to a large extent, and not about us giving money to our enemies or for "gender studies" in places where none of that shit is allowed, or millions to study some plant or lizard in a swamp in the ass-crack of the world.

I just find it strange that someone is ranting about money we give Israel, which does serve a purpose to a large extent, and not about us giving money to our enemies or for "gender studies" in places where none of that shit is allowed, or millions to study some plant or lizard in a swamp in the ass-crack of the world.
:lmao: Too true.

Check out news articles from around MAy of this year. There were several attacks and people running their mouth. To me it's one of those odd happenings like the seemingly "random" attacks on Asians in the US. There has always been some of this kind of shit going on, but it appears all the lawlessness has made some people more bold.

But similarly to "antisemitism" feeling weird to you, the whole "de-fund Israel" topic is rather odd to me. I just find it strange that someone is ranting about money we give Israel, which does serve a purpose to a large extent, and not about us giving money to our enemies or for "gender studies" in places where none of that shit is allowed, or millions to study some plant or lizard in a swamp in the ass-crack of the world.
I'm of the opinion we shouldn't be giving our tax money to any group.

I'm of the opinion that we should be keeping all our money in our own backyard.

But, if I can pay a neighbor to keep another neighbor from blowing up my shit while I am asleep, then that is money well spent.

I'm of the opinion that we should be keeping all our money in our own backyard.

But, if I can pay a neighbor to keep another neighbor from blowing up my shit while I am asleep, then that is money well spent.

Operation Olympic Games was worth every penny.

Top Back Refresh