What's new

Intros.

My name is Jeremy. I am an alcoholic. I have 0 minutes without a drink.

photo867.jpg

I got one PRP seat and mount installed and realized I lost the rest of the bolts so I moved on to draining the transfer case And taking drivelines out so I can pull the single case out and install the worlds oldest but almost brand new dual case set up ... Then went and bought a transmission jack because I realized I am too old to be bench pressing parts into shit boxes these days.

So the truck will probably sit untouched for 6 more months now.

There is an old school name😀

I was stationed with his son, Chris, in the Army about 20 years ago. After his passing, Chris inherited the 62, but didn't have the means to do anything with it (2,000 miles away, and it had a slipping tranny). About 2 years ago, I went to Placerville and picked it up from his stepmom's place (she was selling, so it had to leave) and hauled it to Ohio for him. Last year, he was moving and needed a place to put it and wanted me to fix it up, so it was a match. He shipped it out to me in MN, and I put it inside my shop. I've been slowly getting all the systems up to snuff ever since, and the major work is coming in the next month or two now that I have a donor vehicle.

New guy here. Bailed on the "other" site once they ruined it.

Working on a 94 4 runner one ton swap. Chevy 60 front and 14 bolt shaved for the rear. 3link/4link on 40's. Currently swapping the auto trans for a R150F manual 5 speed so I can throw a gear driven case on the back of it.

Hopefully this site takes off with good tech and traffic.

Still in pieces. Projects keep getting thrown in front of the buggy. But it is coming. First post from the PBB. Sad Panda

curious to know what your breaking. Or at least consistently.

Aside from the expected front CVs?

I had a big brain moment and jumped on a used Diamond FF setup for the rear last fall because I figured it would be a nice upgrade and net me disk brakes blah blah. Since November I've been into it 3x, axle seals and most recently, breaking an RCV and taking out the spindle, wheel hub, bearings, etc. The two shafts I have left both have some good twist in them so I figure it's a matter of time before I do it again and I don't really want to drop another $1100 in new 30 spline RCVs into this setup :homer: Been keeping an eye out for a factory e locker housing to put all the shit back together with no luck.

I started building my Toyota a few years back, and in the process life happened. Bought a house, remodeled house, built a shop, procrastinated on the Yota, etc.

Nees to get some other irons out of the fire and get this pile finished.

20180424_185603.jpg

Well, let's see. After SAS in an 89 12 years ago that was documented on PBB,I'm finally putting a doubler in, some RCVs, and a 2nd ARB. But I had to completely rebuild a $400 1996 3rd gen Runner I bought before I could do that. And rebuild a 22R for an 84 Xtracab 4x4 I gave my sister. And, of course, haven't finished either the 89 or the 96. 96 is in the middle of getting 4.88s, 2 Trutracs, and a 2" lift. For my freaking daily. I definitely have something wrong with my brain.

Aside from the expected front CVs?

I had a big brain moment and jumped on a used Diamond FF setup for the rear last fall because I figured it would be a nice upgrade and net me disk brakes blah blah. Since November I've been into it 3x, axle seals and most recently, breaking an RCV and taking out the spindle, wheel hub, bearings, etc. The two shafts I have left both have some good twist in them so I figure it's a matter of time before I do it again and I don't really want to drop another $1100 in new 30 spline RCVs into this setup :homer: Been keeping an eye out for a factory e locker housing to put all the shit back together with no luck.

Reasons like this are why I ask :laughing:

Wouldnt think youd go through RCV FF shafts like that. Sounds like the stock CVs are just as durable

Putting seats in the fruggy after it almost burned down. Need to work on getting my build thread over here. If anyone can help with that it would be much appreciated
20200521_182911.jpg

93 pickup SASd, just ordered 39.5" Iroks and gears for my fj60 axle swap. Truck has 3rd gen RUF and 57" f150 springs out back. Next up is build a nice flatbed and a fuel cell

Reasons like this are why I ask :laughing:

Wouldnt think youd go through RCV FF shafts like that. Sounds like the stock CVs are just as durable

My dumb ass just heard chromos and assumed it would be a win, especially given how light the back of my truck is. I didn't think about the fact that 19 spine dana 44 outers wouldn't be that great :homer: Apparently RCV only warrantees them to 35" tires. Since I bought it second hand I have no chance at a warranty claim but I wouldn't be surprised if they turned it down as the original purchaser. I turned it into a jigsaw puzzle

If I dropped the $1100 on 30 spline shafts and drive flanges RCV would warrantee them to 40s... but that's $1100 I could dump into a better setup instead of making my R&P the next weakest link

photo2203.jpg

Buggy is getting new links. 2" lowers with 1.25 joints, it probably overkill for the power and weight of this thing but I like to party. I should probably paint it at some point, and change the seats out for some mastercrafts I have laying around.

80 series DD is getting f/r elocker axles from my parts rig, as soon as I get them rebuilt.

Last edited:
My dumb ass just heard chromos and assumed it would be a win, especially given how light the back of my truck is. I didn't think about the fact that 19 spine dana 44 outers wouldn't be that great :homer: Apparently RCV only warrantees them to 35" tires. Since I bought it second hand I have no chance at a warranty claim but I wouldn't be surprised if they turned it down as the original purchaser. I turned it into a jigsaw puzzle

If I dropped the $1100 on 30 spline shafts and drive flanges RCV would warrantee them to 40s... but that's $1100 I could dump into a better setup instead of making my R&P the next weakest link

I had no idea there was a kit to put 44 outers for a yota 8". Already learning more on here than I have in a year on that other site.

Recently shaved the rear diff and did a DIY ubolt eliminator. Contemplating replacing my 8 year old Iroks.

update: got the new iroks and am currently installing total metal innovations beadlocks. Also gonna cut the rock sliders off and redo the tubes to the frame with square tube.

photo2240.jpg

photo2241.jpg

Last edited:
I will start 3 build threads soon. A 1993 runner for camping, 1988 truck rebuild that got fucked up in a good rollover, and a 1973 hilux that I am building.

Daily driver and weekend car.
Great new site, thanks for having me.

well, that's just an awesome picture. :smokin:

I'm still building around my 1987 toyota IFS hubs that i first picked up in ~2001. probably won't bring my build thread over, but am in for small tech threads and random specific questions. sold for scrap my toyota body and frame about 6 months ago :(

Whoops. .a yota thread I posted to I did. ..

photo2533.jpg

Last edited:
Yer missin a lugnut:laughing:

A rig is a rig.

You should see the looks you get when you take a jeep to Rubithon though:laughing:

this is a nice surprise. few of the folks posting i gave up on thinking they just stopped building shit. love the panels on the buggy j mack

Top Back Refresh