What's new

Introductions

Nothing special, d44/9" 5.13's spooled rear locked front and other shit.

photo2229.jpg

Rig? :laughing:

All that's left is the hood I hung on the wall in the garage. :flipoff2:

I can’t figure out how to post a picture from my tablet, it asks me for a URL after I upload. Anyway, 1987 Bronco with coilovers and shit.

I never started a build thread on PBB due to my junk being mostly well documented tech, but I may change that for the new site. I also have a BBF Mercury Capri and a sweet ass 80s Ranger with a 2.8 that may get some V8 love one of these days.

Truck is 473" with TBI and '7747 ECM/Ostrich, NP435, 203 doubler, twin sticked 205, D60 w/ Spartan, 10.25" w/ fried as fuck Trak-Loc, and Goodyear MTs on TWF bead locks. Getting a new windshield finally and I'm totally digging my new-to-me bench seat with arm rest.

I’m not sure why, but for some reason I thought you had a crew cab. :homer:

I’m not sure why, but for some reason I thought you had a crew cab. :homer:

The only CC bullnose I can think of off the top of my head is AllGoNoShow's (I think it's his, it's in South Dakota I know that). He's got an '85 or '86 for his ranch truck with no lift on Goodyear MT 37s. It's a tan truck. I have asked him a few questions in his threads before.

Not sure if he's signed up here yet.

The only CC bullnose I can think of off the top of my head is AllGoNoShow's (I think it's his, it's in South Dakota I know that). He's got an '85 or '86 for his ranch truck with no lift on Goodyear MT 37s. It's a tan truck. I have asked him a few questions in his threads before.

Not sure if he's signed up here yet.

I’m probably confusing you with someone else. Spent time reading the Ford forum a few years ago when I was considering buying a older F250.

"74 Bronco that I've owned for 24 years now. Been through many iterations. 2 motors, three transmissions and 2 transfer cases. Currently has a 351 with FI tech, a ZF5 speed tranny and a 205 T case.

This is an older pic from the Bronco Stampede.

photo4026.jpg

"74 Bronco that I've owned for 24 years now. Been through many iterations. 2 motors, three transmissions and 2 transfer cases. Currently has a 351 with FI tech, a ZF5 speed tranny and a 205 T case.

This is an older pic from the Bronco Stampede.

/
Damn; talk about a clean EB! :smokin:

Been on Pirate since around 2000 (?) when I was in highschool and had my first truck, '74 Bronco. I had several Broncos until I finally built one from the frame up which eventually got sold to Lance. Now I have this 1978 Ford F150 regular carb, short bed, 4x4, S&J Reman 400 (originally 351M), C6, NP205, D44, 9, stock gears, open diffs. Besides getting it road-worthy and reliable I've only added 33x12.5x15 BFG KM3's, Deaver 4-inch leaves and removed the factory rear block for a rear lift of 1". Front has some unknown lift springs that I'm replacing with 1-2" Superlift coils.

It's my only vehicle so I'm saving up for a driver that can tow this thing. Plans are ORD Magnum box, Broncoair.com shackle reversal and matching coils up front to bring total lift to 4-5" and then for axles I'm trying to decide between A) keep the axles and throw in RCVs up front, ARBs front + rear, 35-spline axles rear with 37 inch tires... or B) Superduty axles and ARBs with 40's.. leaning more toward Superduty axles.

I live in California (got the truck in Virginia) so I'm trying to get all the vacuum lines routed correctly to pass smog for now. I'd love to do a smog-legal LS swap but off-road upgrades will probably come first since I have a fresh motor in it now.

IMG_20191019_114221.jpg

IMG_20191125_162539.jpg

IMG_20190429_092017.jpg

Here is my junk. I just put a 12v p-pump Cummins and a ZF-6 in the 05, it is my new work truck.
The 2011 is the wife's driver, and the 88 is the former work truck I just sold.
Tim

Truck line up.jpg

Checking into the Ford section. Haven't spend any time in this area of the forum, but I bought a tow pig the other day so why not? 2001 v10 54K original miles. I don't even want to say what I paid. 😝

-DuckTape

IMG_20200530_204825.jpg

IMG_20200530_204835.jpg

Here is my junk. I just put a 12v p-pump Cummins and a ZF-6 in the 05, it is my new work truck.
The 2011 is the wife's driver, and the 88 is the former work truck I just sold.
Tim

I may have asked you before, did you have the green bump super cab? Red 6.0 crew? Post that shit too:usa:

Most of these are gone, the black and silver highboy with a 79 grille I bought right after high school, it eventually got an intercooler 12v and OD auto from a 92 dodge and a paint job, sold it to a guy in norcal, we keep in touch, he's swapped in an nv4500 and turned it up, I'm trying to get him to do a super duty diff swap

the white crew happened when i bought a rolled 12 valve 5 speed 4wd dodge at auction, then bought the 88 f350 and built it, swapping on the 96 clip and bought like 5 trucks to make a grey inteior. This is the one I miss, sold it to a guy in Texas, we keep in touch, that's his EB, but I had a couple too, a cherry 2 owner uncut 67 and a 71 on full width d44/9" with efi 351 and 38s

I bought the 78 shorty when I was missing my highboy, actually bought 2, started restoring both, got pissed off that my daily driver was a POS so i sold a bunch of shit and stepped up my daily driver

the rat rod is a 42 ford cab, 38 Chevy grille, Toyota 2wd chassis, explorer rear end, explorer 5.0 with carb, mustang v6 t5, I'd been collecting parts for years, and needed a project that would fit in my garage for a summer build, made it look right, made it a roller, and sold it when my company and union were headed to a strike, good call, been out since October

picked up this 77 4wd van, either I'll make it run again to sell (later model Chevy express is a better platform IMO), or gut the running gear and find a clean grandpa 2wd f250 dent and build myself a Friday night cruiser on 35s

photo2205.jpg

photo3923.jpg

photo6882.jpg

photo6883.jpg

photo6884.jpg

How’s the 88 rebuild coming along? I loved that thing over on fsb, but I gave up on the site when the update happened and haven’t stopped by for updates since

Thanks! Body work is all done plus bumpers.

09.jpg

Next up was the wiring harness. Due to Sars-Cov-2 & the quarantine i havent really had time to work on it tho. Weve both been working the whole time, and daycare has been closed. So no real time for that one. I have been tinkering with the wiring harness here and there and im hoping to actually get the engine running again once he goes to preschool in July.

Speaking of the little dude, Friday was his 3rd birthday, so we got him his very own bronco!
011.jpg

So yeah, i basically spent the whole quarantine hanging out with the little dude every day, so even tho i havent gotten much done on my projects, i dont mind too much!

Last edited:
Haha, i know right? Im already planning on pulling it apart later this week, cuz its got this wimpy 550 series motor in it. Im gonna upgrade it to a 775 so it goes better in the field. Might have to go 12v at the same time as im doubting the bigger motor will go too good on 6v. So yeah, already got a list of mods to do to the 'little' one too lol.

Im afraid we're making the 88 'too nice', and were gonna be afraid to wheel it. Dawn was a lot harder on the skinny pedal than i ever was lol. It is my first truck though (owned it 20 years now!) so im not too upset if it comes out nice and gets to live an easier life. If we (my employer) comes out of this whole ordeal ok, then i think next year im gonna SAS the green one and step up to 39s so we have options for wheelin lol

Top Back Refresh