What's new

Interesting tools for sale.

Opinions on this guy? Im a few hours away...don't have solid shop space currently....but was feeling for an at home hobbiest, it may be a good pickup. Did try researching but came back with mixed reviews (which tells me most of what I feel I need to know)
I'd take it over a brand name bridgeport that has 40 more years of use on it.

Opinions on this guy? Im a few hours away...don't have solid shop space currently....but was feeling for an at home hobbiest, it may be a good pickup. Did try researching but came back with mixed reviews (which tells me most of what I feel I need to know)

The fresh paint is slightly suspicious....lipstick on a pig? If it's not obviously clapped out and you can't move the table a few hundred thousandths by hand, it's probably a smokin' deal. That servo feed new costs about 75% of the asking price alone.

The fresh paint is slightly suspicious....lipstick on a pig? If it's not obviously clapped out and you can't move the table a few hundred thousandths by hand, it's probably a smokin' deal. That servo feed new costs about 75% of the asking price alone.

The guy said that they haven't used it. Came in a package deal with a few other pieces of equipment that they purchased. I felt the same way as arse_sidewards. So long as its not a sloppy joe and beat to hell....cheap money compared to a bridgeport of the age....insert "you get what you pay for"

That's my town if anyone is interested I could assist. Not sure who's it is.
Look what popped up when I opened
eBay just now.

Screenshot_20230421_132453_eBay.jpg

350,000 square foot metal/wood shop for sale in NY and ON

Auction May 2

Lots of brakes, don't need one, but would love to have one.

Have you used one of those before? I haven't, but it seems like such an easy solution to cutting large beams with a tool most of us already have.
Never used one but I've always used a chainsaw. Looked like this would have a straighter cut then a chain saw

Have you used one of those before? I haven't, but it seems like such an easy solution to cutting large beams with a tool most of us already have.

I bought one, used it a few times, and then sold it. It is good at what it does, but it only does what it does.

My work around solutions that still have other uses. Some guides on the Milwaukee with an Oregon Bar and chain swapped for the stock garbage and also running the big Sawsquatch from Skil; thing is a monster. Yes, it looks that big and stupid in person too.

20211013_153223.jpg

20211013_153226.jpg

20211018_162926.jpg

^ Compared to a normal 7-1/4" saw

20221221_192759.jpg

^ Was cutting 8" diameter underground hard plastic pipe with it in this photo. Didn't have my big bandsaw at the time.

Metal lathe that someone converted to a wood lathe and was subsequently "restored" 7yr ago by painting and now wants a crackhead price for.

Other than the part where the seller has an iPhone I feel like this is the kind of add PAE would author. :lmao:

Based on this lathe I think my lathe is a little older than I thought it was. :homer:

00a0a_dygFEHkJsUZ_0hT0CI_1200x900.jpg
01717_4uoGVCLShCq_0hT0CI_1200x900.jpg
00w0w_gAULSOexfDz_0hT0CI_1200x900.jpg
00W0W_2OK6J2NM2TA_0hT0CI_1200x900.jpg
Screen Shot 2023-05-04 at 9.32.03 AM.png

Dude is liquidating stuff at way below typical prices.

The table itself is a heck of a score.

Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 7.02.06 PM.png

Supermax are some of the better Bridgeport clones too.
Speaking of nice Bridgeport clones here's a $800 Balding Beaver.

My understanding is that even the lowest end ones have ball screws like a CNC.

Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 8.20.54 PM.png

You need to load up about 20 of those things and head west. Make some money

That 550v on that one makes it way less desireable. Add a few hundred bucks at minimum for a proper motor swap....though I could still triple my money on it here.

Top Back Refresh