What's new

Interesting tools for sale.

Does it really matter? It's probably a 1/3hp face mount motor, perhaps a 56C frame?
Should be possible to replace it with something else if it's the wrong voltage or phases.

Aaron Z
I was more wonder ac vs DC as far as what Id need to drive it

I was more wonder ac vs DC as far as what Id need to drive it
Ah, looking at the first picture I see 3 wires in the conduit, so I would guess AC, but time will tell.
1667406162925.png

1667406427173.png

Aaron Z

Sweet. I don't need it, but at the price, I can find a use for it
If you end up NOT finding a use for it, let me know and I'd be interested in it, if you'd be willing to dump it on a pallet at a Fastenal. Would compensate additional for your time.

Got it in the car.

attachment(77).jpg

Got it home with no loss of tires. Also it's stupid how much uptravel this motherfucker has. I was still a solid inch off the bumps. :laughing:

Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 9.01.55 AM.png

And in the garage. It'll get oiled and stored on top of the Cincinatti at some point.

attachment(78).jpg

Fuck yeah. I'll shoot you a PM to figure out how to get you the $$ for it.

What sort of deal is this?
Someone I buy parts from is selling it. I kinda want a lathe, this one's bigger then what I was wanting though. And it's 3 phase, but my generator could run it.
Screenshot_20221118-182444.png

What sort of deal is this?
Someone I buy parts from is selling it. I kinda want a lathe, this one's bigger then what I was wanting though. And it's 3 phase, but my generator could run it.
Screenshot_20221118-182444.png
Thats a VERY nice machine. And a fair deal too. I have two Colchester lathes and they are top notch machines for their era. Theres a good chance it still has the original 3 ph motor in it, and if so, it may be 50hz. Snag a $250 VFD and dial it back and run it at its happy frequency; I have mine setup that way and have been running it as such since about 2017. Again, great lathes.

Free commercial horizontal band saw. I can nab this if someone really needs it but I have no storage so I'd need it gone ASAP.

Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 1.35.41 PM.png

If you need it, it's not a bad price. I wouldn't let go of the one I have like that for $150.

I have the same one... can't find it online, but thought it was ~$300 - $400. It works fine. The bending radius is kind of large though.

I don't need need it but right now I bend sheet metal by C-clamping scrap stock to the edge of my welding table....

I'm not commuting into Boston until next week so it it's around then it'll be mine.

Top Back Refresh