What's new

Interesting tools for sale.

A vbm has a tilting tool post where as a vtl usually has a turret. Most all the new ones made are vbm’s vs vtl’s.
Derp. I know you have a HBM so when you wrote VBM I was picturing your HBM thinking "how the fuck would that work when you gotta bore a hole in the middle of the part. :laughing:

I'll take as many $1000 (functional) bridgeports that you can fit on your (sketchily decked) trailer.
At least the axle is legit. I'll start a gofundme for more crossmembers. Aerostar should be good for a 18k combined weight as long as I don't have to do any hill starts. :flipoff2:

500A welder for $200. It's 3ph though.

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 12.36.47 PM.png

Haas VF-1 for $7500 just outside Carson City
45520B5F-F988-4117-8E6A-3D9FE021FF34.jpeg
, NV

IIRC his house is pretty "industrial".

I live in a Barn so that would be a great table in my "guest room". Currently I have two old camel back drill presses as end tables to the leather couch that friend's crash on when they visit. The room has a few lathes, a Bridgeport, my Cinci No2 project, etc. but its conditioned and most of the people that would be visiting me have no qualms staying there. Half bath right around the corner too so they don't really need to come up into the loft apt.

I live in a Barn so that would be a great table in my "guest room". Currently I have two old camel back drill presses as end tables to the leather couch that friend's crash on when they visit. The room has a few lathes, a Bridgeport, my Cinci No2 project, etc. but its conditioned and most of the people that would be visiting me have no qualms staying there. Half bath right around the corner too so they don't really need to come up into the loft apt.

Something something worthless without pics.

Something something worthless without pics.
Everything is in disarray due to digging out winter clothes and moving stuff around / finally hanging shit on the walls. Building is an unfinished ICF in the downstairs so thats why it looks like you're inside a gas station Styrofoam cooler. I'm still getting this workspace together. Ive been running my lathe and Bridgeport in this room via a giant extension cord through the door to the big shop. The current project is installing 220V to the VFDs in this room. The one drill press, someone else cut the column off long before I ever got it. They had some benchtop drill bolted to it. For the cost of delivery, I bought the thing and a friend picked it up and kept the benchtop drill and brought me the table base for this exact purpose.

20221019_082119.jpg

20221019_082153.jpg

Vertical broach. Haven't seen one for sale in years. Still think an alibaba broaching head is a better use of shop space though.

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 7.12.41 PM.png

Pretty jealous of all the iron thats for sale over there. Around here a wore out Enco is goona be $3k or more

I just mean in general. Need a mill and another lathe. Slim pickins around here

That'd make a sweet weld positioner. Wonder what kind of motor is on it?

If you feel like storing it until you come down to pick up the yellow thing, I'd happily send you the cash.
Emailed him requesting pickup Thursday or Friday afternoon (tomorrow is already earmarked for other stuff).

That'd make a sweet weld positioner. Wonder what kind of motor is on it?

If you feel like storing it until you come down to pick up the yellow thing, I'd happily send you the cash.
Does it really matter? It's probably a 1/3hp face mount motor, perhaps a 56C frame?
Should be possible to replace it with something else if it's the wrong voltage or phases.

Aaron Z

Does it really matter? It's probably a 1/3hp face mount motor, perhaps a 56C frame?
Should be possible to replace it with something else if it's the wrong voltage or phases.

Aaron Z
It's belt drive. Should be easy to adapt a chainsaw power-head. :laughing:

Top Back Refresh