What's new

Interesting Craigslist finds

Ha. That was the first thing I thought of when someone said "Hummer".

I've seen a couple 151s for sale here.
mutts are really cool
the proto-sxs from the era

iirc they were built to be carried by four (maybe eight?) men if they ever got mired in mud too bad to be driven

mutts are really cool
the proto-sxs from the era
Before anyone really understood off road IRS suspension geometry. :laughing:

It's a real shame that things have trended toward shipping obsolete .mil shit overseas rather than selling it domestically (and it's only going to get worse because of emissions bullshit) so we only get the slightest amount of anything post 'nam on the free market.

Last edited:
Reactions: DMG

1720566574065.png

I don’t know shit about karts other than the little track ones in Canada, but snowmobiles are that weight wet with 170+ hp.

Big sxs is about 1600 lbs and 200hp?

My car is 1670lbs with me in it and has roughly 108hp at the wheels. The SxS's that make 200hp are roughly 2200lbs

Reactions: DMG
My car is 1670lbs with me in it and has roughly 108hp at the wheels. The SxS's that make 200hp are roughly 2200lbs
That’s the reference I was looking for. Thanks for the numbers, it puts things into perspective for me. :beer:

We aren’t talking apples to apples, but it is interesting to see the difference in weight , power, traction and rolling resistance.

You would be faster if your “car” and you didn’t weigh 1670. :flipoff2:

That’s the reference I was looking for. Thanks for the numbers, it puts things into perspective for me. :beer:

We aren’t talking apples to apples, but it is interesting to see the difference in weight , power, traction and rolling resistance.

You would be faster if your “car” and you didn’t weigh 1670. :flipoff2:

I have to weigh at least 1650 after the race and the extra 20lbs is to account for fuel burn off. I'm only 180lbs soaking wet and 6'1. No fat fuck here. :flipoff2:

Specs say 52hp and 650lbs. :grinpimp:
I had a Chinese adult go kart that I hack fucked a 185 3 wheeler engine in, in one night. I beat on that thing for like two years it was so much fun. I had the "steering" arms ripped off in the first 5 minutes of the swap. :lmao: My brother and I had it at the maximum tipping point, I was pretty sure that we were going to be fucked then it plopped right back on its tires.

Far enough away that I’m safe from collecting another wagon on 20’s for now;( lack of underbody pics in the rust belt is concerning as well.

IMG_3337.png

IMG_3338.jpeg

IMG_3340.jpeg

I had a Chinese adult go kart that I hack fucked a 185 3 wheeler engine in, in one night. I beat on that thing for like two years it was so much fun. I had the "steering" arms ripped off in the first 5 minutes of the swap. :lmao: My brother and I had it at the maximum tipping point, I was pretty sure that we were going to be fucked then it plopped right back on its tires.

When I lived in RI a buddy of mine took one of those Chinese dingo style go karts and turned it into a sprint car looking death rocket that used an old Yamaha 250? Single cylinder motorcycle engine to power it. Because it was a 5 speed manual it had a clutch so he came up with the bright idea to make the brake and clutch work off the same pedal. Push the pedal down half way and the clutch released, push it down past that and the brakes would apply. It wasn't slow at all and was probably the most terrifying thing I've ever driven because of the clutch before brake deal. It always felt like it had no brakes and a soft pedal until you hit the last 1/2" of pedal travel where the brakes started working. It got retired and cut up shortly after he put it through a wood fence at my uncles race car shop one night doing laps in the gravel parking lot. :lmao:

dunno man, the VW ones are some kinda kevlar wizard snot inside them in order to go 100k miles
I just cough up the $200 and save money elsewhere since chink cylinder heads are 600 bucks
Subaru ones have some sort of fiber in them but nothing particularly crazy compared to every other belt I've ever shredded. I've got a torn one on my desk at work. I'll take a picture.

Clearly got some coarse threads in it going mostly the long way. Nothing that strikes me as way more fancy than the average belt though.
attachment(337).jpg
attachment(336).jpg
attachment(335).jpg

When I lived in RI a buddy of mine took one of those Chinese dingo style go karts and turned it into a sprint car looking death rocket that used an old Yamaha 250? Single cylinder motorcycle engine to power it. Because it was a 5 speed manual it had a clutch so he came up with the bright idea to make the brake and clutch work off the same pedal. Push the pedal down half way and the clutch released, push it down past that and the brakes would apply. It wasn't slow at all and was probably the most terrifying thing I've ever driven because of the clutch before brake deal. It always felt like it had no brakes and a soft pedal until you hit the last 1/2" of pedal travel where the brakes started working. It got retired and cut up shortly after he put it through a wood fence at my uncles race car shop one night doing laps in the gravel parking lot. :lmao:
I wish that I had pictures, my brother in law put a 750? Honda street bike motor in one. I built an intake manifold out of emt conduit so that it would accept a 500 holley 2bbl. That thing was a death trap of a rocket ship.
He was showing off with it lost control and hit a forklift. His best friend walks up as he's trying to catch his breath and figure out what happened and says "wow that was cool":lmao:. He traded it away on craigslist.

Far enough away that I’m safe from collecting another wagon on 20’s for now;( lack of underbody pics in the rust belt is concerning as well.

IMG_3337.png

IMG_3338.jpeg

IMG_3340.jpeg
I like how the window has $3495 but eBay is $3995. I know there are ebay fees and such but it is still amusing to me.

I wonder if you could make one of those AWD or 4WD with it looking stock maybe using parts off an Astro van or 1500 pickup.

Is it typical that the rear hatch will open like that? State sells trucks like that all the time they typically don’t bring much

Top Back Refresh