What's new

Interesting Craigslist finds

24k miles...crazy price, but we're in the land of six figure diesels now too.

273925473_4109209345848951_5577695349228980443_n.jpg

Much want.

Anyone near Galion Ohio?

20k.

vette2.jpg
Wow. :eek: I'd swear I had a Hotwheels just like that in the 80s.

I love that era Corvette. As my buddy once said- "That looks like a cheerleader in the shower."

Seller's Description

Good running truck the motor was rebuilt not that long ago probably only has 3000 miles on it just selling it because I want something different.

Facebook.png

24k miles...crazy price, but we're in the land of six figure diesels now too.

273925473_4109209345848951_5577695349228980443_n.jpg
I paid $22k for my 2000 in early 2003 with 60k on the clock, ran it up to 252k and sold it for $17k. Would do again.

I paid $22k for my 2000 in early 2003 with 60k on the clock, ran it up to 252k and sold it for $17k. Would do again.

I'd feel alot better spending 55k on that Ford than i would spending double on a brand new truck. There is no possible way that any new emissions clad diesel truck is going 250k + miles without some sort of big dollar issue.

My 19 F550 service truck has been flawless up to 125k miles but in the last few months the wiring harness in the trans took a shit and had to be replaced and the turbo is starting to do funny things. Oil and all filters are changed every 4-5k miles like clock work and we 100% stick to the Ford recommended fluid service intervals on everything else so it's not a lack of maintenance.

I'd feel alot better spending 55k on that Ford than i would spending double on a brand new truck. There is no possible way that any new emissions clad diesel truck is going 250k + miles without some sort of big dollar issue.

My 19 F550 service truck has been flawless up to 125k miles but in the last few months the wiring harness in the trans took a shit and had to be replaced and the turbo is starting to do funny things. Oil and all filters are changed every 4-5k miles like clock work and we 100% stick to the Ford recommended fluid service intervals on everything else so it's not a lack of maintenance.
Yep, mine made it to 170ish before the repairs started.

If we're talking 7.3 PSD's, mine ate a water pump and the serp belt tensioner, and other than batteries every 3 years, that was it.
No, a new 6.7 ford.

My 7.3 will turn 300k today and the biggest repair to date was an hpop and lines that didnt actually need to be replaced. Damn thing still has the factory front unit bearings, all factort sensors, factory valve cover gaskets, ect. Im sure someday everything will go wrong at once but it hasnt happened yet.

No, a new 6.7 ford.

My 7.3 will turn 300k today and the biggest repair to date was an hpop and lines that didnt actually need to be replaced. Damn thing still has the factory front unit bearings, all factort sensors, factory valve cover gaskets, ect. Im sure someday everything will go wrong at once but it hasnt happened yet.
Yeah those things were legend. When I bought mine the first thing I did was buy a crankshaft position sensor and put it in the glovebox for WHEN it was going to fail. Dude that bought my truck asked about the CPS issue, and I told him there was one in the glovebox that had been there since 60k.

Agreed but the same truck brand new with a 7.3 gas would be cheaper and most likely a better truck ove the next 20 years

The problem with everything new is EVERYTHING is fucking computerized and they're making it harder and harder to diagnose and repair it without their software.

My 6 year-old truck took a rock to the headlight a couple years ago. Apparently water finally worked its way through the crack and started acting up - staying on when the ignition was off. Could only turn it off by pulling the fuse. Then the other side started doing the same thing, but wouldn't stay off with a fuse reseat. Then the first one burned up completely and now pops the fuse and I'm getting a "headlight system error" message on the dash.

Yup, the headlights are tied to the CAN bus because apparently it takes a computer to operate headlights. Replacements are $900 a pop from the dealer, no aftermarket available. :shaking:

Top Back Refresh