What's new

Interesting Craigslist finds

port orchard, WA. olympic peninsula.

i kinda really want it, its about a 30min ferry ride and 1hr drive from me. about a 4hr drive avoiding the ferry.

especially that its 4wd. i want, have the money for it but not the time to get it right now.

reminds me of a useful version of the toyotas that Add has. i'd put a lift, tires and a flat bed on it.
I'm in Port Orchard, if that helps

It would be my tractor flip hauler/ permanent tow rig... but I dont have the funds or time. You should buy it and then sell it to me in 6months when the novelty wears off.
were you able to look at the pics and the fb add? what do you think its really worth?

were you able to look at the pics and the fb add? what do you think its really worth?

I hate the stupid answer but "its worth what someone will pay for it"

With that said how many $10k have 100k on them and with minimal maintenance will still be running 20-40 years from now.

You also cant touch a solid diesel 4wd manual for much less then that with any millage

Does it say 4wd? Looks like it sits pretty low to me, I didn't click the link, but it looks 2wd to me:confused:

i thouhgt the same too.
has 4wd shifter int he cab and the add says 4wd.
i think its so long it makes it look lower.

i haven't heard back from the guy yet. buti'm also curious about the motor, the add also says its a turbo diesel, not sure where the turbo goes on the old 7.3's but i'm not seeing one in the pictures... picture could also be from the original 6.9 motor??

here is the adds description;

1984 Ford F-350 4x4 Dually Turbo Diesel Custom Conversion truck. 94,000 original miles. The engine is a 7.3 idi Harvester International(not a power stroke). Originally had a 6.9 diesel. The 6.9 block cracked(common 6.9 problem) so a 7.3 was installed in its place about 10 years ago. 4 speed manual transmission. One of a kind. I’ve only seen one like it as long as I’ve owned it. I’ve owned this truck for 26 years. Used to haul race cars and my boat all over the Northwest. It has a gooseneck hitch as well as bumper pull. Captains chairs up front with sleeper sofa in the back. There are also three seat belts on the sleeper sofa. Lots of new parts within the last 5000 miles: rotors, pads, calipers, brake hoses, wheel bearings, driveline u-joints, driveline carrier bearings, heater core, glow plugs. All six tires were recently replaced at Les Schwab. Has an electric lift pump installed. Has two 32 gallon tanks. Starts right up. Runs and drives great. Price is OBO

interior with tcase shifter;
_nc_ohc=U34SjkGkCKIAX_5FVzM&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

engine bay;
_nc_ohc=SX5yXY3KreUAX8y9A3e&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

i'm wondering how long the bed is. a 10ft flat bed would be sweet.

edit*
just showed the ad and pics to the wifey and my 4&5yo kids. the kids love it! wife hates it, haha. i have to try to get it.

That's not a turbo.

The idi's are cool, but you're better off with a 460 power wise. Unless you want to fuck around with adding a turbo for all of 50 hp :laughing:

A well tuned up turbo idi is almost as much power as a 7.3 psd. Some say more, but towing up a grade I think the ps would destroy it.

The guy can’t figure out if it has a turbo charger or not. Do you really think it only has 94,000 miles?

And I spent a lot of time drive in a ofI spent a lot of time driving a 7.3 non Turbo 450. I sure as hell wouldn’t want one as a primary tow rig compared to more modern options.

The guy can’t figure out if it has a turbo charger or not. Do you really think it only has 94,000 miles?

And I spent a lot of time drive in a ofI spent a lot of time driving a 7.3 non Turbo 450. I sure as hell wouldn’t want one as a primary tow rig compared to more modern options.

just heard back from the seller...
his words-
"The turbo is there. It’s been in the truck since it was built. Even on the 6.9. You are about the fifth person to say that. Lol. It’s behind the air cleaner next to the firewall."

had a 7.3 IDI in a uhaul truck.
not fast.
reliable as a fucking hammer.
for ten grand if it's clean I don't see how you can go wrong here.

he just sent me this pic.
_nc_ohc=AVLUgPQupYcAX9v7ET6&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

its there... also the hub caps he has on it are covering the locking hubs up front.

he had to go out a measure to be sure of the bed size. its 8ft, i thought it looked longer?

everything else seems to be checking out on the truck.

i think i'm going to have to see if i can call and talk to him, then see if TreeClimber is up to putting eyes on it and maybe a test drive.

right now i tow with a 2013 2wd ccsb f350 6.2gas 210k mi (before that was a 2010 with 5.4, went all the same places just peddle to the floor), truck with sxs rack and towhauler full of the kids toys. usually around 18-20klbs. we go all over looking for sand... we go to glamis, sand hollow, oregon dunes, st anthony, little sahara, etc. as well as allot of in state camping. usually 70-90days in the camper a yr. i'd really like 4x4 and this thing just may be the oddball that fits the bill.

i'd like to tow with my e350 7.3diesel, but nowhere to fit the kids toys and my sxs. kids and wife have dirt bikes, pedddle bikes etc.. sxs on the back of the truck works well.

not real interesting other than the 809,000 mile duramax

Last edited:
Actually have a build thread

If it's a 250 is a d50 ttb front. That might be why it looks low.
It probably has original auto hubs. That's why it's covered

If it's a 250 is a d50 ttb front. That might be why it looks low.
early 80s 350s also had the d50 TTB

Check the coolant for combustion gasses, if you can.
I'm 3/3 on 7.3 idis with cavitation holes in the cylinder walls lol
it doesn't really affect them that badly, but the one I scrapped out had some real deep rust pits in the affected cylinder from the coolant pooling in there, was shocked it still had piston rings in that hole.

well shit... be willing to lay eyes on it?

i'll send him a message and see what happens.
i've got a 7.3ps in my van but know nothing of the earlier 7.3. guess i'll be looking into that shortly.

he just sent me this pic.
_nc_ohc=AVLUgPQupYcAX9v7ET6&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

its there... also the hub caps he has on it are covering the locking hubs up front.

he had to go out a measure to be sure of the bed size. its 8ft, i thought it looked longer?

everything else seems to be checking out on the truck.

i think i'm going to have to see if i can call and talk to him, then see if TreeClimber is up to putting eyes on it and maybe a test drive.

right now i tow with a 2013 2wd ccsb f350 6.2gas 210k mi (before that was a 2010 with 5.4, went all the same places just peddle to the floor), truck with sxs rack and towhauler full of the kids toys. usually around 18-20klbs. we go all over looking for sand... we go to glamis, sand hollow, oregon dunes, st anthony, little sahara, etc. as well as allot of in state camping. usually 70-90days in the camper a yr. i'd really like 4x4 and this thing just may be the oddball that fits the bill.

i'd like to tow with my e350 7.3diesel, but nowhere to fit the kids toys and my sxs. kids and wife have dirt bikes, pedddle bikes etc.. sxs on the back of the truck works well.
That's fine.

Its the kind of truck that could be listed between $2500 and $25000... but how many have you seen? If its its something you like / want then how long might you be waiting for another

I get what you're saying, but there is literally someone who posted they got theirs for $800.

I see them here and there, but usually the van version. I just don't see anywhere near $10k in value. Maybe half that if it's perfect.

I get what you're saying, but there is literally someone who posted they got theirs for $800.

I see them here and there, but usually the van version. I just don't see anywhere near $10k in value. Maybe half that if it's perfect.
The $800 one didnt run, was about to be scrapped, had a dash fire, was 2wd, doesnt have a truck bed, and likely a lot higher miles. (Assuming the truck in the op has legit millage).

Top Back Refresh