What's new

I Gave Up on JKO - How Bow Choo?

Good to see you here Gunny. The Hellcat still treating you right?

Fuck yeah. Hadn't driven it in about three weeks because I have been driving the truck to work. But man let me tell you she still has all the power and comfort.

You all salty dogs. Still driving your old soccer mom mobiles, time to upgrade your junk. Well, I've been doing my fair share of bitching about a 2-door JK. I won't post much in the JK section any longer, time to go to the JL section. The first thing I see, someone asking about a gah-damned angry grill. FML.

Hi Everyone!

Yep, finally had enough of the new theme and let's "make it better" even though all it did was make it worst. Seems like there are a lot of BOTS over there now. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll give this place a try.

Glad to see you all. Hope everyone is doing well.

Matt

I know the hellcat.org forum changed to their "new and improved" version late last year. Within a week the members had a new site up and running and the old place was a ghost town.

I was glad to discover this new forum. I'm usually quiet in general chit chat forums but I enjoy the laughs. I'm willing to put up with the insults and banter for the knowledge and tech.

Actually if you're familiar with Pirate ...

You should search the forum before you post up stupid shit. Then you can report back to the class on what you find. Here's one result from a very simple search of my forum name on Pirate. This was back in '05 when my junk made the cover of 4-Wheel & Off Road magazine:

https://www.pirate4x4.com/threads/kowboy-is-a-cover-boy.330428/#post-3723582

Back in my Ty-ota buggy days. It had a racin' engine and tons too. A common feature of all my rigs over the last 30 years or so.

And to wrap up my final reply to your irritatin' bullshit ... I leave you with my own quote:

"Give a man a fish ... and you got yourself one less fuckin' fish."

Now just go away.

You should search the forum before you post up stupid shit. Then you can report back to the class on what you find. Here's one result from a very simple search of my forum name on Pirate. This was back in '05 when my junk made the cover of 4-Wheel & Off Road magazine:

https://www.pirate4x4.com/threads/kowboy-is-a-cover-boy.330428/#post-3723582

Back in my Ty-ota buggy days. It had a racin' engine and tons too. A common feature of all my rigs over the last 30 years or so.

And to wrap up my final reply to your irritatin' bullshit ... I leave you with my own quote:

"Give a man a fish ... and you got yourself one less fuckin' fish."

Now just go away.
Well since you've been on Pirate, then you already know how people on there operate. It's apparent you don't like it so maybe you should respond to everyone that does the same thing here as it seems to annoy you greatly.

I see that I struck a nerve with you, but I couldn't care less about that. And I really don't care if you don't like how I reply to things as time on this earth is just too short for me to worry about your opinion.

And to add to your quote of "Give a man a fish ... and you got yourself one less fuckin' fish" in your vernacular:
So teach that fucker to fish so they stop begging for fish from you.

Which is better quoted as:
"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."

So fear not internet person, I will be around for quite awhile. And if you don't like that, well I don't know what to tell you. But, I can only suggest that work on calming yourself down because as I already stated life's too short.

I looked over on JKO, and it's fawkin' sad - mostly spammers, 1-hit wonders with unoriginal questions, and almost nobody replying.

Felt really bad seeing KnightJK asking a question about servicing his coilovers - in 2 days, all he got was some spammer shitposting :frown:

Here's the thread in case anyone wants to log on and help (or point him here) : https://www.jkowners.com/threads/coi...estion.386973/

I logged back in to send him a PM (or "start a conversation" in VS newspeak :rolleyes: ) to tell him about irate4x4. Hope he comes over.

EDIT: I logged back in & posted in his thread that I PM'd him - it's up to him now.

EDIT 2: annd . . . we're good to go! Welcome to irate4x4, KnightJK :beer:

Last edited:
I thought the holiday weekend was the culprit, however, it's been > 2 weeks. This is the new normal for JKO. Looks similar for Pirate.
Between the spam posts and the Hall Monitor policing every single post, JKO will keep itself alive for quite some time.
I'm still convinced that VS is creating those bots to sign on, click thru and behave like a user, that way they can inflate their metrics and possibly game clicks.
I would normally send texts to j3ff3ry at 3am and tell him "OMG BOTS ON JKO" but the joke wore off a while ago. Stube is still trying to be a grown-up in the real world and has checked out because rent and cats are like hard n' stuff.

Between the spam posts and the Hall Monitor policing every single post, JKO will keep itself alive for quite some time.

I still check on thangs over there and you hit the nail right on the head with this one. Painful to watch for damned sure.

Gonna take awhile, but hopefully our new JK home here will eventually become more active. Feel like a foster child in a new home on here tho.

. . . the Hall Monitor policing every single post . . .

:confused: - If anyone was paying attention over there, then why has this been on Page 1 for 3 days:

RIP JKO LOL.JPG - Middle of JKO Page 1 06/05/20 - LOL

:lmao: . . . :frown: . . . :laughing: :flipoff2:

It's near the top because I keep Googling "Bangalore sex toys" and I keep getting redirected to JKO. Very weird, but that's on me. 🍺

Hoh - lee - chit! :lmao: :lmao:

Got the JKO "trending posts" email today . . . the "Bangalore sex toys" thread is in it :homer:

Nothing screams "VS DGAF" like drawing attention to a spammer's sex toy thread :laughing:

RIP JKO 05/2020 :frown:

RIP PBB 05/2020 :frown:

EDIT: I feel bad for j3ff3ry_j33p - he really tried to help JKO, hope he finds his way over here.

Hoh - lee - chit! :lmao: :lmao:

Got the JKO "trending posts" email today . . . the "Bangalore sex toys" thread is in it :homer:

Nothing screams "VS DGAF" like drawing attention to a spammer's sex toy thread :laughing:

RIP JKO 05/2020 :frown:

RIP PBB 05/2020 :frown:

EDIT: I feel bad for j3ff3ry_j33p - he really tried to help JKO, hope he finds his way over here.

I sext with j3ff regularly. He's bummed about JKO for sure. I do bug him about coming over here -- usually nightly around 3am.

I'm kinda like the herp in that regard.
In other news, I made my first post to chit chat. I feel like I just broke my behymen.

Post whore! :flipoff2: :laughing:

I just read that thread - you gave a good overview of why a BGE would piss me off.
Now I need to find room for a RecTec :smokin:

I sext with j3ff regularly. He's bummed about JKO for sure. I do bug him about coming over here -- usually nightly around 3am.

I had sent him a message saying we all missed him here. He didn't sound too keen on forums in general at the moment. Maybe he had been up all night sexting with you and was a bit tired.

In other news, I made my first post to chit chat.

Unfortunately Mr. Snout, that's 'bout all that's goin' on here on this forum. Very active section but I can't really get into it since I just don't much give a shit 'bout other folks opinions on subjects I don't even give a fuck about in the first place. Did finally find the joke thread tho and I do like that one.

And found a coupla cool YJ stretch builds. Other than that, just hangin' out waitin' for the next update on Kevin's buggy. If'n that thread gets moved outta the JK section ... we an't got shit here. Maybe I'll start regurgitatin' some random pics from my build just so folks even have a lil' somethin' to look at. :shaking:

I've noticed there are a bunch of folks moving tech threads over here from the other sites. If you look on JKO or Pirate, it's dead as fuck.

thedirtman signed up here. Hopefully he gets back on the build thread he started on JKO.

Yes, Kowboy, regurgitate your build pics here. It's a good way to kill 495394394 hours.

Photos of Kowboy 's adventures cross-country aren't regurgitation in my book.
Chit Chat is a scourge, but Jesus I love my BBQ.

thedirtman signed up here ...

Somebody needs to fire off a Rock Krawler suspension thread then. Just sayin' ...

Yes, Kowboy, regurgitate your build pics here. It's a good way to kill 495394394 hours.

... Straight up baby bird us his turd.

I can't even imagine takin' the time to transfer that clusterfuck over here. Think I was up to somethin' like 60 fuckin' pages for gawds sake.

Plus I didn't do the work myself like the cool kids on here do so it ain't worthy. :shaking:

JKO is real slow but it does still exist ... so the build thread is there if'n anybody still gets curious someday. And if'n JKO does get wiped clean off the world-wide-web, my build thread wouldn't really be that bigga loss. I still got all the pics for my own enjoyment.

Photos of Kowboy 's adventures cross-country aren't regurgitation in my book.

Thank you Mr. Snout. I'll update the latest plans over on my own lil' thread here.

Last edited:
That suspension give-away thread's done got JKO hoppin' with new members. Few pages of first-time posters.

Definitely sad to see those types of threads only happen after a mass exodus / implosion.... however....
Synergy and RK were more or less run out of JKO town, so I do not blame MC for waiting quietly for a re-supply of noobs before piping up.

Top Back Refresh