What's new

How short of a solid axle swap on first gen Tacoma is possible?

theres a piece to the puzzle that he is not sharing or he is missing.
If it was one tire i would say your shit is bent. But both? Still might be worth grabbing a tape an checking shit out.

OP.....ya got something dumb going on:flipoff2:

I have not put any equipment on the frame and nothing at first sight shows an issue. I would hope that an alignment would catch something like that. But at the same time, the first alignment lasted ~six months.
You need to crawl under the truck with a tape measure, alignment shops can easily overlook it as it's not as common as blown bushings, worn joints, etc.

Does the truck pull or drift, outside of normal steering adjustments?

I'm not going to talk you out of cutting, but in this case it's not really needed. Rebuild the IFS, check for bent shit, not just frame but suspension, steering (that picture you haven't posted would help) and fix your shit.

low is when the belly is half the tire diameter, so you are a mega truck. try again

if he wants low slug with leaves, he needs to have the shackle in the front, old school crossover steering, and minimal uptravel. ride quality will go down from the IFS
A full bodied 120"+ truck is a bit different that a purpose built buggy for belly height:flipoff2:

Go read my build thread, 23.5" belly height on leafs and 37s

Don’t you have a thread talking about how you can’t bring your wife wheeling because there’s no up-travel? :flipoff2:

You can rebuild the entire front end of your factory suspension for probably a third of what it would cost to jam a solid axle under the truck.

Wheeling your rig certainly accelerates wear on the suspension but it's also decades old right?

Poly bushing kit, ball joints, wheel bearings, new rack, and some time will solve all these problems. It's when one parts goes your melt a tire off and you are back to square one because IFS doesn't hold alignment like a straight axle does.

Top Back Refresh