What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

Same here and i plan on being able to retire before 50. Work harder
54 here...55 this spring. I had the same plan. I'm still here at work. :laughing:

It was a good plan. Had everything paid off including the mortgage at 45. But unless my lottery numbers hit, it ain't happening in my 50's.

Why not? One good heath lick would wipe out the savings and there is no such thing as affordable health insurance. Sure you can get a catastrophic policy but even then....it doesn't cover as much as many think.

I am however, comfortable and if shit goes south really bad, I'll survive.

Ok Gary vee. We are going to be entering hyper inflation and most likely the dollar going away in our lifetime, how are you hedging against that?
Rental property is usually a pretty good hedge. With a property manager you could essentially be retired while still owning rentals.

And that is just the first thing that came to mind...

Rental property is usually a pretty good hedge. With a property manager you could essentially be retired while still owning rentals.

Until like this past year when the renters could not pay rent and you could not evict them...they're victims and you're the mean old landlord that still has to pay the mortgage and taxes.

This is the exact angle I'm going for.

Until like this past year when the renters could not pay rent and you could not evict them...they're victims and you're the mean old landlord that still has to pay the mortgage and taxes.
This varies from place to place. Just got to manage your tenants properly. I could raise my rent by $200 and fight it, but instead I keep it a little lower so I can keep my tenants there.

My folks have five rentals and haven't had a single issue. They too, keep the rent lower, don't shrug off any issues, and maintain a favorable relationship with them. Not a single month's rent missed.

Here is a interesting 20 min vid on CPI and how it is calculated..

Definitely not a very accurate way to go about it and I bet our real inflation numbers are much higher
1639972438964.jpeg

I hate to be a Debby Downer, but your retirement at 49 is going to be protecting your cobbled together desert compound with makeshift fuel refinery from me and my mohawk'd buddies.

[weird_kubota_trike.jpg]
Tell me more about the rape! :flipoff2:

688cb305a025f71e7eb60dfeee7d1c9c.gif

I hate to be a Debby Downer, but your retirement at 49 is going to be protecting your cobbled together desert compound with makeshift fuel refinery from me and my mohawk'd buddies.

[weird_kubota_trike.jpg]
Lol sounds pretty easy. Just need to move the compound somewhere where the temps dip below 50 and your golden.

No way will 45acp ‘s biker gang head there:lmao:

:flipoff2:

Federal government: Sorry, landlords.... we've decided you cannot collect rent

stopped in the mcdonalds for a dollar double cheeseburger or whatever
couldn't find the mcdouble shit on the menu
Turns out they're $3 now.

a dollar gets you a hamburger
thaaanks, communism

I went over to the a&w and got a better cheeseburger, some better fries, and some better sugar water for $7

stopped in the mcdonalds for a dollar double cheeseburger or whatever
couldn't find the mcdouble shit on the menu
Turns out they're $3 now.

a dollar gets you a hamburger
thaaanks, communism

I went over to the a&w and got a better cheeseburger, some better fries, and some better sugar water for $7
Yep, id always get the dollar mc chicken, or if i was more hungry a mc chicken and mc double. About 6 months ago that changed and now i go to taco bell next door for thier dollar menu

Federal government: Sorry, landlords.... we've decided you cannot collect rent
and cannot evict shitbags that are destroying your rental property
And it’s the cdc saying so… private contracts dishonored by a fucking health agency of unelected officials

Eviction moratorium is long gone. Feds got their dicks slapped by the SCOTUS when they tried to mandate another extension months ago. SCOTUS warned them they'd do it if the extension didn't go through Congress and Dems never bothered putting a bill up for it.

Eviction moratorium is long gone. Feds got their dicks slapped by the SCOTUS when they tried to mandate another extension months ago. SCOTUS warned them they'd do it if the extension didn't go through Congress and Dems never bothered putting a bill up for it.
well around here they still ain't evicting shitbags

Same size can...idk the price difference but I'd bet the newer one was more expensive.
20220101_111642.jpg

Sort of like the 20# propane tanks with 16# of propane that are "only filled to 75% for safety"....

Aaron Z
Lol I got pissed at those tanks with those stupid safety valves. Last week at the propane filler he show me what to do to defeat the broken hose shutoff on those small tanks. He just made sure to make sure i let them know so the use the bleed valve to fill them instead of the auto shutoff.

I use those tiger torches and 90% of the time the auto shutoff activates because those things use as much propane as the tanks make.

Same size can...idk the price difference but I'd bet the newer one was more expensive.
they don't make mapp any more
iirc the new one is propylene, prolly can't fit a full lb in the can any more

You can't leave us hanging like that.
Once you grill tank is empty pull out valve. Unscrew black dingus that’s on the bottom of the valve. Do not fuck with little hose. Reinstall. Tell the guy filling it he needs to use the bleed screw to fill so he doesn’t overfill.

It just sucks because we use grill tanks to run the tiger torches to heat the belts up in the morning. And you can carry a grill tank around with no issue. It sucks when the start shutting off. Turn it off bang it in the ground and hope it doesn’t do it again. Pain in the ass.

Top Back Refresh