What's new

Home defense shotguns, what kind of “extras” do you run if any?

I hope you are happy smurfblue40 was at my favorite local shop today and he had this:
20210323_133529.jpg

590A1 retro brand new for quite a bit less than retail.
Can't wait to get it out and shoot it.:flipoff2:

20210323_133529.jpg

I hope you are happy smurfblue40 was at my favorite local shop today and he had this:

590A1 retro brand new for quite a bit less than retail.
Can't wait to get it out and shoot it.:flipoff2:

🤤

Congratulations! :usa:

I’ll get one one of these days :grinpimp:

Hmmmmm. My goto SG has been a '67 vintage stock 870. Bought it as a sawed off barrel (within legal parameters) truck gun. There is a story there. Had the barrel crowned and a TruGlow(?) bead sight added. Eats everything. The only mod in an tube extension.

I figure a "last ditch" home defense weapon should also be used as a club.

So I ordered the GG&G light mount for mine and will add the Fenix flashlight ring.

What light did you end up going with?
I actually got to use the setup one night after a skunk sprayed the pup. I ran into the house, grabbed the gun, shoved a couple #4 buckshot into the magazine and ran out the door. Mrs was all… “WTF?!?”

The set up worked well

I think I’m leaning towards the Fenix PD35 to replace the cheapo light on it now

Last edited:
Well I was at my dealer's again and he had this little guy. Don't want my 590a1 getting lonely so he followed me home.
20211106_173520.jpg

Mossberg nightstick. I am aware it is completely impractical, but it is fun. Especially with the aguila mini shells.

I thought I have a 590 with the heatshield and ghost ring sights. I ordered the GG&G light mount then start looking a little closer and realize I actually have a Mossberg 500 Persuader 7+1 with ghost rings and heat shield. Apparently they don't make my 500 anymore.. dammit. gotta call GG&G in the morning and change my order before it ships. :homer:

I noticed that Fenix does have a deal to get 20% off and free shipping on your first order from them when you sign up on their website. This is gonna be expensive. lol:grinpimp:

He's an expensive friend to have, but I have gotten some cool stuff along the way.

A lot of times he'll beat prices online if I ask him before I order something. He has his class 7 SOT as well.

I actually got to use the setup one night after a skunk sprayed the pup. I ran into the house, grabbed the gun, shoved a couple #4 buckshot into the magazine and ran out the door. Mrs was all… “WTF?!?”

The set up worked well

I think I’m leaning towards the Fenix PD35 to replace the cheapo light on it now
You shot a skunk with a 12 gauge?
I bet that stinks lol

You shot a skunk with a 12 gauge?
I bet that stinks lol
I somehow avoided causing more stink. When I caught up to it it was about ten yards away and gaining ground (Had to lean over a gate to get a good bead on him). I must have gotten lucky and got a pellet or two in the right spot.

3B62AE94-277F-4716-9BE9-1936A7917F23.jpeg

Vultures had things cleaned up the next day 👍🏻

Top Back Refresh