What's new

Home defense shotguns, what kind of “extras” do you run if any?

mossberg 500
light clamped on the barrel.

should have bouht the 590 and got one more shell in the tube, but the 18.5" 500 was dumb cheap back in the day. Like $200 I think I paid for it. Has a giant "WATCHDOG" stencilled on the side of the stock, pretty ridiculous mossberg, but whatever. Cheap. Works every time, all the time.

Sawback bayonets were supposed to be banned by the Geneva Convention.

It was one of the Hague conventions and even then it's kind of a fuzzy issue. The sawbacks were supposed to be the multi tool of the day for engineers and such. The Germans stopped using them for the most part in response to the French and limeys complaining in WWI, but I don't think they were ever officially declared to be in violation of the conventions. A lot of them got destroyed or had the saw teeth ground off, which is why they're pretty rare these days.

M9 Phrobis with saw back. Now I just need the 590 rg.
20201125_090753.jpg

I think a long blade would look better on the 590 though. Like others have said.

Supposed to feed well. That is the very one I have heard of. Is it a pistol? Or a Shotgun? sbr? Wish I owned a gun of some sort.

Neither. It’s a firearm.

Savage model 67 military riot shot gun . 18 1/4 inch barrel , Bead sight and military sling swivels and sling . Only a 5 shot model . 1st round #2 shot , 2 and 3 Military Fleshettes , 4 and 5 000 buck shot . If that isn’t so good use it as a club . These things are tough steel frame shot guns , nothing fancy but it will work till you can’t work it any more .

Savage model 67 military riot shot gun . 18 1/4 inch barrel , Bead sight and military sling swivels and sling . Only a 5 shot model . 1st round #2 shot , 2 and 3 Military Fleshettes , 4 and 5 000 buck shot . If that isn’t so good use it as a club . These things are tough steel frame shot guns , nothing fancy but it will work till you can’t work it any more .

The flechettes should get someone’s attention :laughing:

That adapter was one of the reasons I went with the Mossberg, but thanks to the pandemic I can’t find any 12ga “short” ammunition anywhere 😕

i swear i used to have a bunch of those rounds and havent seen them in a few years. i wonder where they are? i bet i have them stashed somewhere. i remember they chamber and cycle in my 1897.

I am curious to see how the no fuss light mount works out. Post up a review man! :grinpimp:

Will do 👍🏻

The OpSol adapters came in today (I got one for a friend who has a Maverick 88)

Click image for larger version Name:	D3BCC7EB-AD89-46EB-A238-810099BCF77F.jpeg Views:	9 Size:	150.5 KB ID:	224834
It’s just a little rubber like block that fits into the receiver. It’s a snug fit, I learned I pushed it in too far when I tried cycling the action. After making a small adjustment I wouldn’t even know it was there. Now I just need to find some of the mini shells to try it out :homer:

Click image for larger version Name:	81085A3B-30C1-4F8C-8B56-9EA815121CF9.jpeg Views:	9 Size:	127.2 KB ID:	224835

Last edited:
Will do 👍🏻

The OpSol adapters came in today (I got one for a friend who has a Maverick 88)

filedata/fetch?id=224834&d=1607392953
It’s just a little rubber like block that fits into the receiver. It’s a snug fit, I learned I pushed it in too far when I tried cycling the action. After making a small adjustment I wouldn’t even know it was there. Now I just need to find some of the mini shells to try it out :homer:

filedata/fetch?id=224835&d=1607393354

Ha for some reason I thought there was more to it than just a spacer... so thats all ya need to run the mini shells huh?

interesting.

I got emails from the two part vendors I’m waiting on, I should be able to put everything together Friday :grinpimp:

The light rail came in today 🥳

I ordered it from GG&G Tactical rifle accessories out of Tucson Arizona

This is basically just a little bracket that has a small rail attached to it. The finish matches the matte finish of the 590.

*Gun is not loaded

Installation is easy. Just unscrew the magazine cap, slide the mount onto the magazine tube, then replace the magazine cap. The mount can point towards the muzzle, or the butt of the gun, and mount on the right or left side. Once the flashlight ring comes in I’ll have to experiment with it to see what works best

Click image for larger version Name:	8598FAEF-4470-4B28-9986-A65BB95B6A7E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	256.7 KB ID:	230483 Click image for larger version Name:	17D38C7E-636D-4B6B-92B6-B854AE9DE172.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	126.2 KB ID:	230484
Click image for larger version Name:	F57E085A-CED7-4738-A172-BC7D8CF28C19.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	118.6 KB ID:	230485 Click image for larger version Name:	08960016-E725-4D4E-BF1A-64CCE4A7C2F0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	110.9 KB ID:	230486

Last edited:
So what is the mount made of? Looks like carbon steel, but hard to tell from the pics. Seems sturdy enough and I like the ball detent on it. It has one on each side ?

So what is the mount made of? Looks like carbon steel, but hard to tell from the pics. Seems sturdy enough and I like the ball detent on it. It has one on each side ?

The mount is pretty sturdy, I’ll have to see if there is any mention of what it’s made out of. The rail itself looks/feels like any other add on rail. The two are held together with Allen head screws.

* From the web site- Manufactured from bullet proof ASTM A36 steel and 6061-T6 billet aluminum.

It has the single ball detent, but it seems to work well in any position

The flashlight ring is somewhere in back order limbo. Now that the Covid vaccine is getting shipped, god only knows when it will show up 😕

Last edited:
The flashlight ring is somewhere in back order limbo. Now that the Covid vaccine is getting shipped, god only knows when it will show up 😕

FINALLY!!!!

It showed up in the mailbox :grinpimp:

A776C6D9-E1DE-4473-BB6C-A8F6313648FB.jpeg

Mounts on flashlight

C821DB0D-90E7-49FB-BD65-DC7B77E22655.jpeg

Pinch the “ears” together and slide the bracket onto the rail. I can activate the tail switch with my index finger and keep a grip on the forward grip

0EC6A345-E850-4E86-A8AD-5ED7F854B79D.jpeg

So you plan on shooting them 4 times to stop them? :laughing:

I've had really good luck with fenix lights (no weapon lights though).

Not to be a buzz kill or that guy, but the Mossbergs have an aluminum receiver.

You ever find any of the short shells, they are all over here?

I've had really good luck with fenix lights (no weapon lights though).

Not to be a buzz kill or that guy, but the Mossbergs have an aluminum receiver.

You ever find any of the short shells, they are all over here?

I admit I am a big Fenix fan, I have several of their lights. I think a Fenix PD-35 will end up on the Mossberg

The aluminum receiver doesn’t scare me. I’ve used a few other guns with “aluminum” receivers in the past without any issues ;)

The 12ga shorties have been hard to get. I scored a couple boxes of the light loads, but none of the #4 Buck shot or slugs. I’m going to change up my shopping technique this week and see what happens.

Top Back Refresh