What's new

HDT Picture thread

Seems the sub 10-12k semi days are over

They're still out there but I'd budget at LEAST another $10k on it after purchase if you aren't able to do the majority of the work yourself for things like kingpins, brake work, air system, etc.

I normally buy ISL MDT's with around 200k on them and run them to 500k or so and I budget about $10-15k after purchase for primarily aftertreatment issues, which you can avoid going pre-emissions.

Another buddy's mdt...has the 12.7 Mercedes with Allison 6 speed..no emissions other than egr..and had it dyno tuned with some tweaks...IIRC putting down
20230308_164808.jpg
490 to the rear tires...:grinpimp:

Another buddy's mdt...has the 12.7 Mercedes with Allison 6 speed..no emissions other than egr..and had it dyno tuned with some tweaks...IIRC putting down
20230308_164808.jpg
490 to the rear tires...:grinpimp:
Damn, a 12.7L is big for a MDT isn’t it? I thought only class 8’s come with the 12-15L stuff.

What’s it got for torque? The reason I have skipped over the possibility of owning a class 6-7 truck is that I feel like you get light duty power with much heavier weight so you end up slower than a light duty. TFL truck proved that one of their Eisenhower pulls.

Either way, badass setup and it’s cool is has the 12.7….what does it put down for TQ?

RTO12513 from memory, but was 25 years ago.

So, Big Stick'
You never stopped or started?
( only time you clutch besides hitting the microswitches)
huh Interesting
:flipoff2:

Damn, a 12.7L is big for a MDT isn’t it? I thought only class 8’s come with the 12-15L stuff.

What’s it got for torque? The reason I have skipped over the possibility of owning a class 6-7 truck is that I feel like you get light duty power with much heavier weight so you end up slower than a light duty. TFL truck proved that one of their Eisenhower pulls.

Either way, badass setup and it’s cool is has the 12.7….what does it put down for TQ?

You can get big motors in Freightliner M2’s. The easiest tell is that a 6.7 truck has no additional openings below the grille, an 8.3/8.9 will have one slot below the grille, and the ISX/DD13 trucks have a couple slots below and in general a taller hood

1580 tq to rear wheels...

It was 1550 at crank stock per Mercedes..

They are out there...hard to find..it's freightliner M2 112...took him a year to find it...we flew to Florida, it had been sitting for 2 yrs..older guy got sick.we put 6ntires on it, a cab Air bag, and drove it to Las vegas.

Another pic of it...when we picked up my trailer
20190127_124524.jpg

Look for the "pig snout":laughing: hood...those are the ones with the larger motor in the freightliner...if it has a sloped hood it's either a 6.7 or 8.9 Cummins usually

Another pic of it...when we picked up my trailer
20190127_124524.jpg

Look for the "pig snout":laughing: hood...those are the ones with the larger motor in the freightliner...if it has a sloped hood it's either a 6.7 or 8.9 Cummins usually

Glad to know I’m not the only Freightliner nerd on the board! I’m on the fence for buying a used M2 with a big motor in it or just biting the bullet and ordering a new Cascadia with a DD13 or an International LT with an ISX for the next straight truck

I would love to have an M2 with a DD13 but the 8.9 would probably be OK. Mutch better than the 6.7 in my F750 anyways.

I would love to have an M2 with a DD13 but the 8.9 would probably be OK. Mutch better than the 6.7 in my F750 anyways.

I had a Monaco motorhome for a bit with 10.8 cummins....

My buddy has a Monaco motorhome with the 8.3...

My other friend has the freightliner....pulling some decent hills on I 40 he could walk away from me....

But our other friend with 8.3 Cummins motorhome ended up 2 miles behind us....:laughing::laughing:

What I meant was, can you get issued a permit for that much weight on 5 axles. Here, I need a 7 axle setup to move a d8.
I was being a smart ass about California wanting their pound of flesh in the form of a permit, being California.

Bad on me, not knowing the weight on something like that.

EDIT

or trailer specs.

What I meant was, can you get issued a permit for that much weight on 5 axles. Here, I need a 7 axle setup to move a d8.
Yes I can. I have an annual oversize permit that covers loads 12ft wide, 14ft tall, and gives you weight limits for your axle groups. Then all state highways have a color code depending on a lot of factors and they change, along with temporary restrictions. I get a single trip permit to move the d-8 with the 14ft blade on with weight to spare usually. $16:laughing:

Other then the color codes, basically the same as here then. I didn't see you had 16 tires on your trailer until DRTDEVL pointed it. Our single trip is only 14 bucks though! Until you get to about 150k though, then its adds another digit.

So what do the color codes entail? Time curfew's, width resteictions, etc?

Other then the color codes, basically the same as here then. I didn't see you had 16 tires on your trailer until DRTDEVL pointed it. Our single trip is only 14 bucks though! Until you get to about 150k though, then its adds another digit.

So what do the color codes entail? Time curfew's, width resteictions, etc?
Colors are pilot car rules. And every week I get weight and width restrictions from CA Dot.

Did it start life as a 3 axle tractor ?
It did. I just got it back from getting singled and shortened. My directions changed from hauling one car on the truck and pulling a camper to hauling 2 cars on a trailer so I didn’t need all the extra running gear, weight and length on the back of the truck.

Top Back Refresh