What's new

HDT Picture thread

simmons3067

Member Number
We need a thread for the HDT’s.

Here is the start of mine
5BA224D6-875C-4D30-BD7C-C10BF3B4D3C3.jpeg

I have seen your truck around the web. Always liked it.

that color scheme is :smokin:

How long is RePete tip to tail just the truck?
Its old man tan and dead stripper blood red. It used to be dead hooker red but we added more sparkle kn the repaint.

Right now the truck is 37' and weighs 26k empty. Factory wheelbase with intermediate removed.

A better pics of the tail end, home built dock lift with air ride hitch

Attachments

• 20200314_150400.jpg
    20200314_150400.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 82
  • 20200313_090134.jpg
    20200313_090134.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 89
Do you have any interior pictures?
I assume u r asking about the truck. Ill see if i can take some decent ones today. I have pics from when u redid the upolhstry but they r hard to decipher.

The sleeper is only 10' so its hard to see whats going on in a pic. Maybe ill do a quick vid and post on youtube.

Dang I didnt realize those cabs were so narrow.

licensed as RV with the shitter/shower in it?

I also didn’t realize the cabs were that narrow.

That sleeper set-up is sweet.

so dumb question.. what is the lever mounted on the right side of the steering column?

There is 3 pedals. Gas and brake are close together.

Is that a Jake control switch on the shifter?

Yall only need two pedals.

Go and stop.

What else is there

simmons3067 where yall from ?

Been thinking of building a Pete 362 3 axle truck into a motorhome/ recectional vehicle, with all the accruments that legally make it a MH/RV and escape the class 8 DOT requirements.

I'm confused by how small the cab is and why there's only 2 pedals.

It has 3 pedals. The lever to the right is a Johnson brake. It allows u to activate the air brakes in a trailer only. Left over parts from its former life.

Yes its retitled as an RV in Delaware. This means since DE doesnt have a noncommercial overweight class, i am legal to drive it with a standard class d (same as a c in other states) liscense.

It has the standard switches on the dash for the 3 stage jake brake. The pinky switch is an inline switch to turn the jake on and off. Just an aftermarket trim part for the shifter.

Trans is a super10 so it just has 1 thumb switch for the splits. Range is done automatically with air soleniods when u cross 6 to 7th gear.

I live in Louisiana but keep all of my vehicles registered through my home state of New Mexico.

I was able to convert my truck title to a motorhome and declare my GVWR as 26,000lbs. So legally I am a 26,000lb motorhome therefore not requiring a CDL.

The 26k pounds limits me on what I can legally place on the bed but I only plan on hauling a toyota, Jeep or sxs on the bed so staying under 26k shouldn’t be a problem for me.

Drove 11 western for 10 years never used a clutch.

My intended victim or one with the same qualities, IE PETE 362 with 110 inch cab cat or Cummins engine, 3 axle aluminum rear 4 wheels.

20210606_223325.jpg
Those are sick, saw one of them hauling through my neck of the woods the other day.

I want to get an expeditor truck to convert to an HDT. Nice sleeper, drop the box and put on a flatbed, then tow our fifth behind it. From and wieghts should be good enough to make it all work, and some of thise expeditor trucks are nice.

I want to get an expeditor truck to convert to an HDT. Nice sleeper, drop the box and put on a flatbed, then tow our fifth behind it. From and wieghts should be good enough to make it all work, and some of thise expeditor trucks are nice.
the ones I have seen have a huge sleeper on them but the rear axle looks to be pushed mid box. does that throw off the weights when taking the van off of it and adding a flat bed?

They are Usually rated high enough that it won’t matter. Most have a 32,000 lb axle. Some have tandem axle's, and it really depends on the truck.

Also depends on wheel base, mine are all real short WB to fit a nice long trailer.

The Repete
I miss the dr seuss stacks :p
I live in Louisiana but keep all of my vehicles registered through my home state of New Mexico.

I was able to convert my truck title to a motorhome and declare my GVWR as 26,000lbs. So legally I am a 26,000lb motorhome therefore not requiring a CDL.

The 26k pounds limits me on what I can legally place on the bed but I only plan on hauling a toyota, Jeep or sxs on the bed so staying under 26k shouldn’t be a problem for me.
lots of states you can go way over 26k on a normal license if you're in a truck with motorhome plates
mn is bitchy about air brakes, but juice brake chassis' over 26k aren't rare

What is an average price on something like that Volvo? Have driven grain trucks on the farm, can drive a stick shift obviously but never driven a HDT. How hard is it to learn with something like that? That makes way more sense to me than a pickup/dually with today's prices on them.

My only concern is my wife has a bad back and hips and might now be able to climb up in it very easy.

Top Back Refresh