What's new

have ya'll seen this craigs list bronco project?

The conversion makes it a weird thing. Every part of the truck has a date of mfg of 1992 on it. The VIN and title say 1993, a vin check says it’s a 93 cab n chassis. It came from the Indiana Centurion factory.

I took the running boards off and sold them for $500 bucks. I didn’t like the look and I figured I’d ruin them anyway. So might as well get the cash for them while they were perfect and shiny. Can’t stress enough how flawless that thing was. Even the fasteners for the running boards looked new. I could sold ten pairs. Put em up for sale on FDB.com and I got messages for years after they sold wanting the personal contact info for the dude I sold them too. Hoping they could talk him into selling the pair to them for more than I sold them for.

Oh, and mine is one the ones that the rear axle is two inches offset to the rear of the wheel wells. It’s 142” wheel base and 140 looks like it would have been correct.
Should have made some molds and reproduced them. Sounds like you could have gone into production.

This was what mine looked like in May of 2010 when I became the second owner. It had 52,xxx miles on it and was super clean. I’ll post pictures of its current condition 11 years later and you might want to murder me. I used it though, enjoyed the shit out of it.
That is really nice. Vehicles are meant to be used. What motor is in yours? What motors were available? 351W and 460?

Last edited:
What motor is in yours? What motors were available? 351W and 460?
Mine is a 460 with an E40D.

351’s 6.9/7.3 IDI were also available. The holy grail to most were the 7.3 powerstrokes. There were a few made with 7.3 powerstrokes and ZF-5’s.

This was what mine looked like in May of 2010 when I became the second owner. It had 52,xxx miles on it and was super clean. I’ll post pictures of its current condition 11 years later and you might want to murder me. I used it though, enjoyed the shit out of it.

E30E4E06-C6E0-4E50-8CDA-2C453F097889.jpeg
3D1871B9-795B-4F13-9F09-388DB50240DB.jpeg
6ED09168-E2AF-4DD7-93F0-3999A4485344.jpeg
CFB9CDD5-44CF-4F1F-83E1-874F9C286EFD.jpeg
4BD16EFF-28F3-486A-B8D1-8ACC1258ED1E.jpeg
209F3D61-7B03-4C70-81C3-A1733158A280.jpeg
AFAD84A1-789C-4410-8C48-E3EAF54A2EF5.jpeg
C00DA31B-0BA1-4A14-85F1-36C50A2F34BD.jpeg
5DF3D7E0-4C85-4DBA-BF5C-390E4B4ABBE3.jpeg
1DC6478E-8330-499B-A9D4-A14D192C2E12.jpeg
$3.50… plus shipping? Cash?

I have seen one of these F350 ceturion's when I worked at polyperformance and a customer brought it in wanting some things so I checked it out and it was definetely 90's f350 suspension

The conversion makes it a weird thing. Every part of the truck has a date of mfg of 1992 on it. The VIN and title say 1993, a vin check says it’s a 93 cab n chassis. It came from the Indiana Centurion factory.
I'll drop another tid bit of history on ya, just because this information is harder and harder to recover every day.

Your VIn date and title date are different because the trucks came from Ford usually on Rail to White pigeon mi. They would get a load of crew cabs, and it could be months before they get a load of broncos. They usually took at least 6 months between rail transport and sitting in the yard until Centurion started hacking on them. So that is normal to see the different dates and seems like you have wrong parts on the wrong year.

Centurion had been doing conversions since at least the 70's. on all kinds of vehicles. There is rumors of a 79 four door bronco with Centurion stickers on the door jamb but no physical proof.

When they started making the more of the four door broncos in the mid 80s there was a lot of fighting about how it should be built. Some of you have seen the first few ugly attempts. The president of Centurion quit and started Metropolitan motors one town away in Sturgis Mi. Which of course failed in 4 years.

I always wondered if because of the relationship Centurion had with the parts suppliers it made it hard for metropolitan to get the fancy conversion stuff. They built it on as much oem stuff as they could. Using a standard bronco 3rd row seat left practically no leg room. Swing away tire carriers were also very common. It was common to see a splice in the headliner rather than a new one piece headliner.

Dick's auto parts was the main parts supplier for at least Centurion. They are just down the street in Middlebury In. Dick of course is gone but his Son Sean is running the place. They bought most of what was left after Centurion went belly up and whatever southern comfort conversions left behind at the plant. (southern comfort conversion bought Centurion) They have Centurion stuff they don't even know they have or what it is or what it fits. Molds and such.
Sean actually has an enclosed trailer built by Centurion. He was using it for his show truck for awhile, not sure now. It is the only one Centurion ever made.
Sean re produces some Centurion items, you can find him on ebay. Or give him a call.

There was an article years ago in one of the truck magazines that said the C350 was one of the best towing platforms ever produced. Something about the solid one piece body plus distance between the rear axle and the hitch made towing much more stable.
If you have ever towed much and had the opportunity to tow with one you would probably agree. It is a different feeling.
Of course that was 30 years ago.

I tow a lot with mine. I’ve towed a Jeep on a trailer a 2000 mile round trip to the Rubicon and back to Co. Tows fine you just gotta watch the tongue weight because it doesn’t have secondary over load springs in the back. If I tongue load it to much it bottoms out on bumps.

That’s good info to know. Are you a member of the FDB forum? Your contribution might be quite welcome over there.

Centurion should've started chopping out 2 door Excursion Broncos when Ford killed their conversions with the Excursion and axed the Bronco.

That interior reminds me of grandpa's old house.

I have no idea why either. :laughing:

I tow a lot with mine. I’ve towed a Jeep on a trailer a 2000 mile round trip to the Rubicon and back to Co. Tows fine you just gotta watch the tongue weight because it doesn’t have secondary over load springs in the back. If I tongue load it to much it bottoms out on bumps.

That’s good info to know. Are you a member of the FDB forum? Your contribution might be quite welcome over there.
Yep all this information has been shared in hundreds of posts over there over the years. Place kinds died though.

Because a lot of people didn't know about the 4 door broncos, I will also derail a little bit and share the Mexican B100's

1631206845635.png
Awe but is it a bronco since the top doesn't come off?
Well, doesn't come of without a plasma cutter. (I know, need to clarify that in this group.)

The big blue dually c150 Danny posted is on super duty axles, so I'm assuming a gear head found a 5 lug c150 and upgraded the axles, maybe did a diesel swap as well

I've always liked these, and would love to build one on 2005+ diffs with a Cummins, but in reality, my oldest is driving soon and my 3rd row seating days will be unneeded by the time it's done:emb:

Because a lot of people didn't know about the 4 door broncos, I will also derail a little bit and share the Mexican B100's

1631206845635.png
2big bronco

I've always liked these, and would love to build one on 2005+ diffs with a Cummins, but in reality, my oldest is driving soon and my 3rd row seating days will be unneeded by the time it's done:emb:
Since when does logic play a role in project decisions?? If that was the case then 90% of project vehicles would never get started!

Centurion should've started chopping out 2 door Excursion Broncos when Ford killed their conversions with the Excursion and axed the Bronco.
That’s how I know for sure I’m mentally ill. 🤣. I have a 4 door bronco but don’t want an excursion which would be a nicer vehicle. But I would have a 2 door excursion so people would ask me WTF is that every where I stopped.

Yep all this information has been shared in hundreds of posts over there over the years. Place kinds died though.
Like all forum’s. Dried up and whithered away. It was down for a almost a month I think a while back. I thought it was gone forever for a minute but it’s back to functioning again for now.

That’s how I know for sure I’m mentally ill. 🤣. I have a 4 door bronco but don’t want an excursion which would be a nicer vehicle. But I would have a 2 door excursion so people would ask me WTF is that every where I stopped.
Both of my boys have excursions. They are really nice but not the wow factor.
As excursions are becoming more rare the loved ones stand out though.

Since they are grown I had the same problem, no need for a 3rd row anymore.

0A6D60A3-39E3-45AE-A165-2504AC660EA0.jpeg

Last one. It’s still mechanically solid. The wheels are no longer shiny. The interior fell apart snd so did the paint job. The wood looks like garbage and EVERYTHING rattles. It’s not beyond repair but it will take a serious cash investment to bring it back to where I want it. I’m thinking about ditching the wood interior all together and going back with a 93 Eddie Bauer look. I have all but two parts to convert it to a P-pump Cummins with a ZF 5 speed trans. I’m still flip flopping on the fummins swap. There’s nothing wrong with the 460. I get up to 12 mpg and it gets around just fine. The only issue I’ve ever had was that when I tow a trailer and get 7 mpg with the 32 gallon tank my fuel range is only 220 miles. It’s not that I can’t afford to drive it. Driving across Nevada it’s pretty easy to get in a bind between fuel stops and since it’s not a pickup I can’t just throw an auxiliary fuel tank in it.

Last edited:
Last one. It’s still mechanically solid. The wheels are no longer shiny. The interior fell apart snd so did the paint job. The wood looks like garbage and EVERYTHING rattles. It’s not beyond repair but it will take a serious cash investment to bring it back to where I want it. I’m thinking about ditching the wood interior all together and going back with a 93 Eddie Bauer look. I have all but two parts to convert it to a P-pump Cummins with a ZF 5 speed trans. I’m still flip flopping on the fummins swap. There’s nothing wrong with the 460. I get up to 12 mpg and it gets around just fine. The only issue I’ve ever had was that when I tow a trailer and get 7 mpg with the 32 gallon tank my fuel range is only 220 miles. It’s not that I can’t afford to drive it. Driving across Nevada it’s pretty easy to get in a bind between fuel stops and since it’s not a pickup I can’t just throw an auxiliary fuel tank in it.
Still doesn't look bad, or maybe my standards are just low, LOL. What is the used market for these right now? I'm guessing they have a cult following. If it is really hot, you might be able to sell it, and buy a newer low mileage Excursion for the same money. Obviously that would make more sense than Cummins swapping, but wouldn't be nearly as cool.

Still doesn't look bad, or maybe my standards are just low, LOL. What is the used market for these right now? I'm guessing they have a cult following. If it is really hot, you might be able to sell it, and buy a newer low mileage Excursion for the same money. Obviously that would make more sense than Cummins swapping, but wouldn't be nearly as cool.
I’m not interested in selling it. I’m trying to buy a place and the place has two open side car ports. If I close one in so I can park it inside I want to get it painted. Fix the upholstery, some maintenance and just drive it. When the E40D fails I think I’ll just swap the ZF into it.

I wonder if any were built or modified to have dual fuel tanks. There should be plenty of room to fit another one in there.

I wonder if any were built or modified to have dual fuel tanks. There should be plenty of room to fit another one in there.
I don’t think that there is. I’ve done a lot of math on it. Short bed 4x4 F150’s have a 16 gallon front tank but the centurion doesn’t have enough space between the rear axle and the back of the transfer case for the smaller tank. Even if it did it’s a ton of work and expense for 100 extra miles of fuel capacity.

I don’t think that there is. I’ve done a lot of math on it. Short bed 4x4 F150’s have a 16 gallon front tank but the centurion doesn’t have enough space between the rear axle and the back of the transfer case for the smaller tank. Even if it did it’s a ton of work and expense for 100 extra miles of fuel capacity.
Most 1/2 ton C150s had dual tanks.
No idea why C350's didn't. they built their own filler necks and covers for inside the cab.

Might have something to do with spare tire. C350's were usually outside, C150 was inside.

Top Back Refresh