What's new

have ya'll seen this craigs list bronco project?

do people lift these conversions much?

I admit, I didnt know there were companies doing this kind of stuff.. well that there used to be..
The lift for a 92 to 97 F350 is a bolt in. I think skyjacker still sells theirs. Superlift used to have some. I’ve seen a few. Recently every douche bag is putting big gay bling wheels with stretched rubber bands for tires on their lifted rig. This douche bag rig shows up all over Instagram.
C119F3EB-39B5-4B0D-8E08-6912F50301FA.jpeg

ArTi54N these things are pretty tall stock. If you nip the corners of the front bumper off or space the front bumper forward an inch they fit 35’s and with 4.10’s already in the axles they get around like they’re supposed to. I think these are all stock height 1 tons. A 4” lift on a 1/2 ton bronco doesn’t make it as tall as my Cent stock. They ride like a tank though.

BF309632-811F-4AA5-A0F8-166D9EEBDF07.jpeg
F3239FD3-8F98-43C8-B402-0EE4C48639C8.jpeg
2D5CF933-0508-445D-AB44-60B7129105B8.jpeg

Last edited:
0A6D60A3-39E3-45AE-A165-2504AC660EA0.jpeg

Last one. It’s still mechanically solid. The wheels are no longer shiny. The interior fell apart snd so did the paint job. The wood looks like garbage and EVERYTHING rattles. It’s not beyond repair but it will take a serious cash investment to bring it back to where I want it. I’m thinking about ditching the wood interior all together and going back with a 93 Eddie Bauer look. I have all but two parts to convert it to a P-pump Cummins with a ZF 5 speed trans. I’m still flip flopping on the fummins swap. There’s nothing wrong with the 460. I get up to 12 mpg and it gets around just fine. The only issue I’ve ever had was that when I tow a trailer and get 7 mpg with the 32 gallon tank my fuel range is only 220 miles. It’s not that I can’t afford to drive it. Driving across Nevada it’s pretty easy to get in a bind between fuel stops and since it’s not a pickup I can’t just throw an auxiliary fuel tank in it.
I never really liked the wood look, so (to me) taking it back to a mid 90s Eddie Bauer look would be the best or maybe even a more modern King Ranch type feel. I would bet the rattles start to go away as you get rid of the wood and random screws into every stock Ford body panel - but maybe that's just wishful thinking. The other comment about an aux tank in the space of the spare could be a good idea - if there's enough room to make it worth it.

Four wheeler magazine from this month had a page about the four door broncos.

Attachments

• 2BEC313D-17D3-498D-B682-A9DC5CA78D75.png
    2BEC313D-17D3-498D-B682-A9DC5CA78D75.png
    621.1 KB · Views: 15
I thought the centurions last rise and fall of interest had come and gone. There can’t be many left. Every time they get brought up it’s like nobody has ever heard of them. If anyone is all of a sudden looking for one, just know that the interior materials were terrible and did not withstand the test of time. That goes for everything they built out. Conversion vans, Cabriolets, pickups and classics.

Heres my 90 DaBryan built 4 door,, They are a high-end limo builder..... They named there a Bronco IV... They made only 36 & we only know where 6 are... All of there's started as a Bronco & register as 1... VINs come back to Broncos also

Attachments

• 4door2.jpg
    4door2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 4doortow.jpg
    4doortow.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 1bronco.jpg
    1bronco.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 2bronco.jpg
    2bronco.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 27
Saw this one on South Padre a couple years ago. It was funny because I have seen it running around Des Moines.

IMG_20210722_200448490.jpg

I was telling the wife about these the other day, and she is all on board with buying one. We were driving and I pointed out a neighbors house that I remember him having a C350 when I was younger. Remarked that I hadn't seen it in years and wondered if he still had it. Drove by that house Monday after work and he was out plowing his huge driveway with the C350. Fucker looks cherry, brick nose era

I don't know why but I really want one with a gooseneck under the 3rd seat. Pull the top, flip the seat up and hook onto your crawler hauler :laughing:

And hope it doesn't rain:homer:

I thought the centurions last rise and fall of interest had come and gone. There can’t be many left. Every time they get brought up it’s like nobody has ever heard of them. If anyone is all of a sudden looking for one, just know that the interior materials were terrible and did not withstand the test of time. That goes for everything they built out. Conversion vans, Cabriolets, pickups and classics.

I wonder if those conversions could gain popularity again with 3/4 and 1 ton suv's pretty much gone? I've seen a few 2008-2016 excursions done.

Guess someone is doing it still

20230215_133457.jpg

Well, if you're doing a late model 1 ton excursion, may as well add a few doors :laughing:

DSCN3218.jpeg

Honestly, with the wife and I plus 3 kids on 2 week trips, those 6 door pickups start to look pretty good :laughing:

30 seconds on DDG would have that "journalist" significantly more educated than what comes across in the article.
It's fucking Jalopnik.

It's written for people who might change their oil but have the dealer do their brakes because "dangerous".

If the feds door kicked and shot everyone who's IP is in their logs more than once it'd improve the quality of online automotive discourse ten fold.

Top Back Refresh