What's new

Ghetto fab / Hack fab

I would trust wrapped wire nuts more than vampire taps.

Someone posted this on FB, DIY portal kit on a Sxs.

50105761898_a18ca68670_c.jpg

50105762453_4e01bceda3_c.jpg

50105762983_ffe2bbc639_c.jpg

50106331466_c5e390f17a_c.jpg

Where are the brakes in all this fucktuckery? Also, no gear reduction? Weak sauce.

The wire nuts on the brake wiring were probably there from the og manufacturer. :laughing:

No kidding. Borrowed my uncle's trailer to move the Kubota. Think it was a Kaufman's, but don't quote me on that. Hooked it up, brakes were locking up, warning lights on my truck's dash going off, lights flickering, etc. Crawl underneath to see what's going on, and none of the wiring was sheathed, scotch locks all over, bare wire, grounds screwed into metal with no eye loop things. He bought it brand new that way. :eek:

To be fair you bought a trailer with wire nuts holding everything together :laughing::flipoff2:

I sure did but I bought the trailer with the intention of rewiring it :flipoff2: :grinpimp:

The wire nuts on the brake wiring were probably there from the og manufacturer. :laughing:

No kidding. Borrowed my uncle's trailer to move the Kubota. Think it was a Kaufman's, but don't quote me on that. Hooked it up, brakes were locking up, warning lights on my truck's dash going off, lights flickering, etc. Crawl underneath to see what's going on, and none of the wiring was sheathed, scotch locks all over, bare wire, grounds screwed into metal with no eye loop things. He bought it brand new that way. :eek:

I looked at a couple of new trailers and every single one was a wiring nightmare so I had the expectation that it was gonna need to be done no matter what I bought. No joke about the wire nuts for brake wires I saw at least two that way.

Also saw wiring run through torched holes with sharp edges :homer:

The trailer industry competition has raced to the bottom and it is amazing anyone can make money building trailers anymore. Pretty sure the newest guy on the build crew is assigned wiring. Every new trailer we have dealt with arrived from the factory with wiring gremlins.

The trailer industry competition has raced to the bottom and it is amazing anyone can make money building trailers anymore. Pretty sure the newest guy on the build crew is assigned wiring. Every new trailer we have dealt with arrived from the factory with wiring gremlins.

CAM trailers. Buddy has one. All quality. Top notch.

wiring is mint

77 GMC Jimmy Blazer Rock Crawler Lifted - $4000 (Erie)

77 gmc blazer
5.7 throttle body fuel injection
4-s
peed manual with granny low
Dana 60 axles (locked front and rear)
4 wheel disc brakes
Hydronic assist steering ( you can steer it easily with 40 inch tires!)
This Beast will climb a tree!!
All you need is a couple hundred dollars and a few hours! Great fun for the summer!
Call with any questions! Selling because too many cars!
Call, text or email Tim

00z0z_iRzmLdrWVRx_0t20lM_1200x900.jpg

00P0P_f8QgKzmu1Bv_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Good lord. Is he not aware they are companies that sell SAS kits with a front spring hanger ? They are not that expensive

I would have bet it was getting wrapped in heat shielding until that last pic .

Damn this reminds me. Forgot to take pics......

My FIL has a 1980 Ford 4600 tractor. He bought it with shiny new paint, which is usually a red flag with equipment, but whatever.

Well fast forward about a year and he asks if I can fix some cracks in the bucket. Ya sure, of course I figured I'd just grind a V and weld them up, he's hardly using the bucket anyway.

So I'm grinding away the paint (yes dude he bought it from painted the inside of the bucket) and some other shit, it's making a ton of dust and all of a sudden the smell hits my nose..... FUCKING BONDO on the inside of a loader bucket :laughing:

These cracks have been there the whole time, they were just covered by bondo.

Long story short, the shit is so thin it's like trying to weld a 1/4 gap while bobbing a Toyota bed. I end up having to back it all with some heavy flat bar, as I'm welding that in the back, I notice more cracks because of the dried bond oozing out on the back size. :laughing: the few hour job ended up taking the better part of 3 days.

Never buy old equipment with new paint.

Top Back Refresh