What's new

Ghetto fab / Hack fab

Pass drop axle and driver drop tcase.

When my buddy and I had a fab shop, we had a guys bring a 90s Tahoe with a pass drop 10 bolt in. Guy thought he just needed a custom driveshaft :laughing:

When my buddy and I had a fab shop, we had a guys bring a 90s Tahoe with a pass drop 10 bolt in. Guy thought he just needed a custom driveshaft :laughing:

driveshaft that looks like a steering shaft with 4 joints? :lmao:

yup. that truck was scary to ride, but he took it on the highway everyday pretty far. when he told me his 4x4 didnt work i thought i would be able to help before i saw it.

Check out the variable link geometry on this gem..
BEFDB513-081B-4A1C-A97A-32AB79749B4B.jpeg

Thats interesting way to mount a shock. Guess he wants to show off his trail blocking battery welding abbilities

That’s actually what I noticed first , wonder what kind of twisting leverage mounting shocks like this puts on the links?

That’s actually what I noticed first , wonder what kind of twisting leverage mounting shocks like this puts on the links?

Doesn't the bottom of that shock have a ball? But I suppose with that sliding mount it doesn't need it.

Had a tachometer on a boat giving me trouble. No local part available so I replaced the corrosion on the circuit board with solder. Worked well enough to decide the sender was OK.

replace it with a bodge wire and secure it to the board with hot glue.

fixed forever.
no shit i've seen that from OEMs on older equipment.

At least their functional. (As supports) For a more comical effect, he could have made all the rack supports stacks.

That is straight out of the 80’s!

8 shocks on the real axle:laughing::laughing:

I'd like take it for the parts I need for my 77. That 80's show truck suspension would end up on the scrap trailer though.

Top Back Refresh