What's new

GAME WARDENS

...the fact we accept their authority to stop and board boats with ZERO probable cause is a great failure in our system...
The boaters on the Hudson River have voiced similar complaints about repeated visits from whatever agency (Sheriff dept, Police, DEC) in a single day that they've given up & ended up selling their boats. :mad3:

A local neighbor (barely 5') works for the DEC #3, gave me a summons for hauling solid waste but it was scrap metal :confused:. I talked to him at the time but he threatened to arrest me. So I go to court & he does some monkey dance on floor when I tried to prove him wrong. Judge decided to have a conference meeting but never got a future date via mail & it was like 10 yrs ago-

Section 12.103(a), Parks and Wildlife Code, allows Texas Game Wardens to enter on any land or water where wild game or fish are known to range or stray to enforce the game and fish laws of the state.

“Any” land also includes private property.
Yup. We’ve had this happen a few times deer and dove hunting. I get checked fishing more often.

I only remember one occasion where they were really shifty. Three of them hid out for a while listening to our conversation at the camp house. Finally they walked up, introduced themselves, and said they had been listening for a while. We were on a weekend lease, and I’m fairly certain the neighbors called them on us. We weren’t doing anything illegal, but they made a solid effort at checking us out.

I've had those fuckstains start to open the door of my pickup while i was dove hunting. D00d stopped when I was staring at him with a wtf look. He then "asked" to look in there. I :mad3: said nope.

Fuck them. All of them.

Good Lord now I'm all pissed off.:laughing:

Good luck.

Wardens trespassed on my brother's land and threatened to arrest him when he told them to GTFO.
So pull out the video camera and tell em to do it. Let em know youre recording and its saving to the cloud. Or just let them trample your rights. You do you.

I have. They just said it will be a minute and proceded to do their thing. I said you’re trespassing and they said nope. So yea let my go all Stuck and get out there beat my chest and call them out all aggressively. Definitely not going to get arrested or shot. Seriously last time we had this thread you even agreed with me that they make up BS PC and let the courts figure it out. Seriously dude do you even remember what you had for breakfast?
Hundreds of dumbasses on youtube have figured out how to deal with it. Its called a video camera. If you are on your property, are approached by law enforcement and you arent recording after a simple "Can I help you?" turns into "We're here investigating a crime" or "We're going to search your property" you're a complete dumbass. Especially if you are telling them to leave. A simple "Im recording this, it is auto saving to a file my attorney has access to, and He will answer any questions you have" is usually more than enough to shut down any improper search. Assuming of course you havent committed a crime in the first place. If you have, well they may have actual PC.

As far as agreeing with you about LE making up PC, Im sure it happens. Lots of shitty people out there cops and otherwise. Thats why you record and let them know youre doing it.

Do you often have interactions with people that could vactly impact your life without some kind of evidence or proof of what happened? Buy a house, you sign papers in front of some sort of notary, right?

Last edited:
Section 12.103(a), Parks and Wildlife Code, allows Texas Game Wardens to enter on any land or water where wild game or fish are known to range or stray to enforce the game and fish laws of the state.

“Any” land also includes private property.
No it doesnt. Texas law does not supersede your 4th amendment rights. State games laws regarding that very issue have been shot down in the courts every fucking time. Sorry Texas isnt special. They are only allowed to access private land without a warrant if they have Probable Cause a crime has been committed, and the situation meets one of the four exigent circumstances for a warrantless search.

If they want to search and you dont want them to, tell them you will sit right there with them and wait while they call in for a warrant. Again make sure youre recording when you make that offer and that they know it. Removes any exigent circumstances and they get to explain their PC to a judge.

Last edited:
Not a fan of game wardens. I told the story in the holiday drama thread but one warden almost killed my dads cousin last thanksgiving. They are arrogant pos.

some of us are actually cool.. :) tho I left the IRS like 2 years ago or so.. in the many years I was there, it was like any other job to a point.. all kinds of nice people, with a few I still talk to on facebook..
Weren’t you like a temp employee through a company, hired to look at envelopes or some shit?

You had absolutely zero authority and weren’t a fed.

No it doesnt. Texas law does not supersede your 4th amendment rights. State games laws regarding that very issue have been shot down in the courts every fucking time. Sorry Texas isnt special. They are only allowed to access private land without a warrant if they have Probable Cause a crime has been committed, and the situation meets one of the four exigent circumstances for a warrantless search.

If they want to search and you dont want them to, tell them you will sit right there with them and wait while they call in for a warrant. Again make sure youre recording when you make that offer and that they know it. Removes any exigent circumstances and they get to explain their PC to a judge.
Is a boat not your property?

Are you saying Game Wardens don’t board your boat (enter your property) without permission in the guise of a “safety check”????

Long time ago, I was out gold panning with my brother and his group of friends locally. Game warden came down and was trying to pull weight threatening to tow his truck and confiscate the panning equipment due to not having a permit or something retarded.

Game warden I came in contact with was when I was riding my dual sport up near the same area 15 years later. He stopped and asked if I signed in at the utility district station. Said no. "What are you doing up here?" Just riding my bike after work before it gets dark. "Is is street legal?" Yup, tabs and all. "Well next time make sure to sign in so you dont get hassled" or something like that.

I've heard bad stories about GW and I cant believe they have the power that they do.

Game warden I came in contact with was when I was riding my dual sport up near the same area 15 years later. He stopped and asked if I signed in at the utility district station. Said no. "What are you doing up here?" Just riding my bike after work before it gets dark. "Is is street legal?" Yup, tabs and all. "Well next time make sure to sign in so you dont get hassled" or something like that.
The fact that he then just let you go rather than giving you some sort of BS "failure to sign in" ticket tells me that you should never sign in if you're on a street legal bike with good paperwork because signing in will just let them know there's someone out there they can write a fine to.

Well, there's state game wardens AND federal. They all can kiss my freedom loving ass. I've yet to meet a warden fish cop mr green jeans POS I'd piss on if they were on fire in the last 30 or so years.
I've only known two good ones. One was a fed. Only ever saw him once. He approached us on public land deuck hunting. He got down and let us work birds. He checked us after we shot birds. He commented he was gonna get his ass outta there so we could keep hunting and walke doff into the brush. Decent guy. The other was a local state gamey. My buddy knew him and ended up buying a raft from him for Steelheading. He never checked us, just yelled from shore asking if we were brekaing any laws, we always said no, and away he went. Apparently he was a raging asshole to other people though:laughing::homer::lmao:

Weren’t you like a temp employee through a company, hired to look at envelopes or some shit?

You had absolutely zero authority and weren’t a fed.
the first time I worked there I was what is called a seasonal employee.. the next few times I was called a temp..

most of the time I was trying to read what the computer couldnt read.. trying to figure out what was scribbled.. but I had maybe 1/2 a dozen different positions through the years

I was a federal employee..

They absolutely can come onto private property. But I'll let you go ahead and keep arguing they can't.

They come onto my deer property every so often. They won't search the cabin or vehicles, but they'll absolutely lift the lid on any coolers outside to check for deer, especially if they see a fresh skin hanging and blood under the cleaning stand.

RE: game wardens being dicks. Fuck yeah they are. The closer to a big city, the greater the dick they tend to be it seems. Buddy got popped for a 1/4" too small fish and got to pay an expensive ticket for it. Hunting buddies have gotten popped for not filling out the harvest log, or not properly cutting out the date on the tag. A simple "hey don't forget to do this" would be sufficient, but nope, they have to add some gov theft to the situation too. It's fucking bullshit.

the first time I worked there I was what is called a seasonal employee.. the next few times I was called a temp..

most of the time I was trying to read what the computer couldnt read.. trying to figure out what was scribbled.. but I had maybe 1/2 a dozen different positions through the years

At best you were a contractor.

You were subcontracted by a temp agency and you did a job that a 6 year old kid could do. You were the one that fuckin told us this.

Once again You’re trying way too hard to portray yourself as something that you’re not.

As a contractor, I’m contracted all the time to go into places such as police departments and federal buildings to do work that they can’t. Does that make me a police officer and a federal employee?

Alaska Fish and Game have some pretty bad ass jetskis and small boats that they haul ass in looking for commercial fishermen to bust. It's like the cops out at KOH - they're there to do a job, but you know they're having a blast ripping around on their machines. Watched one of 'em wide open on his jet ski hit a mud bar and the ski stuck but he didn't - right over the handlebars and landed in the water in front of his ski. Never got it, but tried like hell to drag it back in the water as the tide's going out - and you know he felt like a dumbass since there were probably 30 or so fishing boats that saw the whole thing. I'm sure he knew full well that we were all laughing at him too:laughing: Wouldn't want to be the next guy he pulled over...
has those guys, a group of five of them all in the same boat

in Washington, physically drive over our gear.....not one of the five saw the gear, mind you it is close to 1/4 mile long when stretched out....and it was stretched out

Not to mention every crew member we has was dressed in orange Grundens waving and pointing

these fuckers still had to balls to board us about an hour later, like we were going to forget about what they just did

and yes, the comment of how are you going to find fish when you cant spot the whole fucking net
the whole time there were on deck we tolked to them like they were toddlers
...look out for this, don't trip of that, don't fall in there, that is pointy :laughing:......you know being helpful with the vision problems that was obvious

I’m glad I live in bumfvck SC… never had near the issues some of y’all have. Been stopped a few times on the lake when younger for basic water safety checks but that’s it. Last interaction with game warden was about ten years ago. We were up at the cleaning shed (hangout for our hunting club) drinking a beer. This was right after they allowed night hunting for hogs but it was pistol only and seperate light. Of course we had been riding around in the Jeep with rifles. Game warden was BS’ing with us and asked what we were doing. Told him and he responds with “hell boys I’d ride around and shoot them out of the truck…” we just looked at him. He said “if you shoot a deer I will take you to jail, but I don’t care how you kill hogs…”

It's been an ongoing bitch of mine for a long time.
it's disappointing when bringing it up, someone always disappoints me with "yeah well but limits are a good thing you'd have x y and z happening"

fucking hell
abdicating responsibility is the worst thing

I haven’t had too many problems with them. Around here (rural N FL) there’s something like 1.5 million acres of public land within an hours drive, and some pretty rough people that hunt out there. Come across as too big of an asshole who is hunting the place his family has since his grandad was 2 years old and they probably realize it could end badly.

Is a boat not your property?

Are you saying Game Wardens don’t board your boat (enter your property) without permission in the guise of a “safety check”????
Boats are a different issue. Lots of different factors involved. You also dont have to let them board for a safety check. They can pull up alongside. Show them the life preservers, horn, flares, throwable, and whatever else your state requires. Ive told them to stay on their own boat and I would hold up what they wanted.

If youre fishing adds another aspect. Whether you or I like it or not, fishing is regulated by the state. The state requires a license to fish.

When you buy the license you agree to allow the state to check your catch and check your boat for any catch that may not be visible. If they see you fishing, or have fishing gear out, they can check your boat.

They absolutely can come onto private property. But I'll let you go ahead and keep arguing they can't.

They come onto my deer property every so often. They won't search the cabin or vehicles, but they'll absolutely lift the lid on any coolers outside to check for deer, especially if they see a fresh skin hanging and blood under the cleaning stand.

RE: game wardens being dicks. Fuck yeah they are. The closer to a big city, the greater the dick they tend to be it seems. Buddy got popped for a 1/4" too small fish and got to pay an expensive ticket for it. Hunting buddies have gotten popped for not filling out the harvest log, or not properly cutting out the date on the tag. A simple "hey don't forget to do this" would be sufficient, but nope, they have to add some gov theft to the situation too. It's fucking bullshit.
Again Game Wardens have the authority to check to make sure game is taken legally. Having fresh skins and blood gives them all the probable cause they needto believe game was taken. They can approach your door to knock or ring the bell just like anyone else. If they see evidence of what a reasonable person would believe to be game when approaching the door they can search.

Look at it like this. A cop can go anywhere a neighbor, salesman or delivery person would go to approach you (like to knock on your door) or deliver your food. If they see PC at that point its fair game.

They cannot however just walk around the perimeterof of your house to snoop.

Again Game Wardens have the authority to check to make sure game is taken legally. Having fresh skins and blood gives them all the probable cause they needto believe game was taken. They can approach your door to knock or ring the bell just like anyone else. If they see evidence of what a reasonable person would believe to be game when approaching the door they can search.

Look at it like this. A cop can go anywhere a neighbor, salesman or delivery person would go to approach you (like to knock on your door) or deliver your food. If they see PC at that point its fair game.

They cannot however just walk around the perimeterof of your house to snoop.
You still think if you own 3 or 4 sections of undeveloped land with every game animal that inhabits the state roaming it, a game warden needs PC to come onto it?

I've never dealt with a shitty CO. And we have a prominent member here posting pictures of cow elk he poached last season, so even here, we have shitbags. I like our COs and the jobs they do. And I like having hunting and fishing seasons and limits, so that my kids will have fish and game to pursue.

I've by hunted and fished all my life. Had exactly two encounters with game wardens ever and one was when he reported to the 911 call my wife made when a bear broke in our house. The other was a simple license check when elk hunting.

Last edited:
You still think if you own 3 or 4 sections of undeveloped land with every game animal that inhabits the state roaming it, a game warden needs PC to come onto it?
I was going to say this but even on 10 forested acres i see them in game cam occasionally just walking along. Dude the game trail is closed when it leaves the NF. Fuck off.

My wife and I went to Catalina State Park in Tucson today and at the entrance gate, the guy was making change for me while some guys inside the booth were cutting up and making a commotion.

He handed me my change and said, "sorry, the rangers are making jokes and I can't stop laughing."

Because of you assholes, without thinking, I said, "at least they're not game wardens."

Reactions: Jag
I didnt say they dont. I said theyre supposed to.

Top Back Refresh