What's new

GAME WARDENS

the first time I worked there I was what is called a seasonal employee.. the next few times I was called a temp..

most of the time I was trying to read what the computer couldnt read.. trying to figure out what was scribbled.. but I had maybe 1/2 a dozen different positions through the years

I was a federal employee..
What did your paycheck say on it? Who did that come from? Was a temporary employment company? If not, and you were a direct hire from the federal IRS, can you remember who the checks were from?

Again Game Wardens have the authority to check to make sure game is taken legally. Having fresh skins and blood gives them all the probable cause they needto believe game was taken. They can approach your door to knock or ring the bell just like anyone else. If they see evidence of what a reasonable person would believe to be game when approaching the door they can search.

Look at it like this. A cop can go anywhere a neighbor, salesman or delivery person would go to approach you (like to knock on your door) or deliver your food. If they see PC at that point its fair game.

They cannot however just walk around the perimeterof of your house to snoop.
You gotta walk several hundred yards past a locked gate to get to my cabin. They’ve walked in before. If the gate is open, they’ll drive in. No knocks, no warrants, no PC. They have no way of knowing if anything has been shot on the property. They’ll come in any time of the year, but usually only during deer season. But by all means keep on arguing.

I was hunting once, was a nice buck on the treeline by a Hwy

as I was walking up to the line, I noticed a Game Warden pull over on the shoulder about a mile down the road thinking that I hadn't seen him, watching me

I kept going about my business, and just wondered around for a bit purposely not shooting shit knowing he was just waiting

He ended up checking me out, he was cool, asked why I didn't shoot, I still played like I hadn't seen shit:laughing:

I got a deer later that year

and oh lord, turned out the neighbor was a warden, and he came up to my garage, from his house to fucking check things out
but that one was funny, he mentioned something about my motorcycles, and started bitching about some guy that ditched him on the road a few weeks back
I told him it was me
and he said...no, it was a different bike
then I walked him out the door and pointed to the one in the dark and said ,did it look like that?:grinpimp:

he got flustered, and went home
fuck that guy:laughing:

You gotta walk several hundred yards past a locked gate to get to my cabin. They’ve walked in before. If the gate is open, they’ll drive in. No knocks, no warrants, no PC. They have no way of knowing if anything has been shot on the property. They’ll come in any time of the year, but usually only during deer season. But by all means keep on arguing.
Have you told them to leave? No? Then thats your fault.

Fuck them. More revenue agents of the state. After the bullshit they tried to fuck me with they can go get mauled by a bear.

_nc_ohc=5Fn1-P9O3_IAX9KBth2&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

Was going to write all sorts of tickets for an unregistered bike on public trails.

The bike is plated and inspected. No off road registration required and he can't enforce traffic laws.

Funny, when I told him he was being recorded, all the BS stopped.

Was going to write all sorts of tickets for an unregistered bike on public trails.

The bike is plated and inspected. No off road registration required and he can't enforce traffic laws.

They are the worst when bored because it's not hunting season.

Reactions: DMG
They are the worst when bored because it's not hunting season.
Funny thing, he watched me go down the trail and then come back.

You see those guys on the quads? They told me to watch out for him. They also recorded it.

He pulled me over to check and see "if the bike was stolen" - He's fucking Fish and Game. Not a cop, can't enforce that law if he wanted to.

He pulled me over to check and see "if the bike was stolen" - He's fucking Fish and Game. Not a cop, can't enforce that law if he wanted to.
Might want to double check that where you are from. Here in VA they can do anything a regular cop can do as well. Speeding tickets, theft investigations, and the whole nine yards

Might want to double check that where you are from. Here in VA they can do anything a regular cop can do as well. Speeding tickets, theft investigations, and the whole nine yards
What's the probably cause that the bike is stolen? Fucking really?

Edit to add:

Talked with a cop friend of mine. Nope, with the plate on the bike, not in his purview.

Fwiw, out of hundreds of people we got stopped on the lake on our seadoo to see if it was stolen. It was stripped of all manufacturers decals, they said that made it look more likely to be stolen.

Fwiw, out of hundreds of people we got stopped on the lake on our seadoo to see if it was stolen. It was stripped of all manufacturers decals, they said that made it look more likely to be stolen.
I understand it, but it's still infringing on my rights. It pissed me off.

And again, when he saw he was being recorded (including the pic) he noped right the fuck out of there.

I understand it, but it's still infringing on my rights. It pissed me off.

And again, when he saw he was being recorded (including the pic) he noped right the fuck out of there.
I don't agree with the "throwing the pasta at the wall and see what sticks" that's just what happened to us, and apparently you.

This tool came by to interrupt our lunch in Panamint Valley. Played the question game with him till he left.

Where are you guys headed?

Where do you think we're headed?

How long are you staying in the park?

How long do you think we're staying in the park?

etc.

Yeah, three couples having lunch and up to no good. :shaking:

Panamint 061.jpg

Have you told them to leave? No? Then thats your fault.

We're usually drunk as shit and fuck with them until they get sick of it and leave on their own, but I will keep this stellar advice in mind for the next time.

They are given way the fuck too much power. It is surprisingthat more of them dont wind up dead when trespassing.
when I was a kid I thought that looked like a fun job
then, even as a kid I realized that I would be alone, in the woods, out in the middle of nowhere, and every person you come across will be armed and irritated that you are screwing up their hunt
no thanks :laughing:
chances of ending up dead looked high

Reactions: DMG
when I was a kid I thought that looked like a fun job
then, even as a kid I realized that I would be alone, in the woods, out in the middle of nowhere, and every person you come across will be armed and irritated that you are screwing up their hunt
no thanks :laughing:
chances of ending up dead looked high
I went through the same thought process as a kid. They arent paid well too.

He posted it with the no trespassing sign at the gate
Again. Where does your pizza delivery bring the pizza (or package guy)to? The door or do you make them leave it at the gate? A generic no trespassing sign does not generally apply to delivery people or postmen or neighbors.

Thats exactly what a judge is going to ask and base the decision on. The vast majority of people allow others to knock on their door. That is what the "reasonable person" is going to accept as normal or reasonable. Like it or not, and you can whine cry and thump your chest at the moon about it, unless you have it spelled out at the gate, " No trespassing, including cops, you need a warrant to come to my door" or some such verbiage, a judge is going to allow it if it goes to court.

So before you start whining and crying and boo hooing about the mean old game warden, sack the fuck up, and tell "The Man" youdont want him on your property without a warrant.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh