What's new

Full time wheeling & Travel

TaltonOffRoad

Full time traveler
Member Number
Loc
In a camper, everywhere
What’s up losers, just migrated here after listening to a podcast about how this place came about. Glad to hear all the old P word guys are still around somewhere. I browsed for tech back in the day but never put two and two together that this was the migration spot. I’ve always been active on NC4x4.com and just a tiny bit on Hardline.

Seemed like a great place to share what I’m up to and hopefully helpbuild a nationwide network. I’m currently moving out of my house and into a camper with my family of 4 and 2 dogs, and we are going to travel the country for a year or two and wheeling in some awesome places along the way. I’ve sold my 1 ton LS YJ (and literally everything else I owned) and am currently in the market for a 4 seater buggy.
We could get 4 months into this and want to pull our hair out and call it quits, or we could love it and make some epic memories.
Either way I would love to be able to ask for help or meet folks from all over.

I just returned to North Carolina after spending a week out at Sand Hollow and it was the most epic wheeling I’ve ever done. I can’t wait to get back out there next year, and I plan to hit Colorado and many others places along the way.
I have bought a newer camper with some slides and more room but here’s some pics of my weekend setup, which will now be full time with the new camper.

Cheers to crazy adventures! 🍻
9595AC4E-78E2-40BA-865D-CACF6FFB0D37.jpeg
45E7A3E7-BB80-4ED7-B917-93415AA30BAC.jpeg
125FE82D-CCAD-4576-928D-0ACF1EEF05AE.jpeg

First post preemptively asking for help before he even needs it. :flipoff2:

200.gif

I wasn’t asking for help, I just mean if I’m in an area like Oklahoma and I want to know where to get parts, or meet up with someone to hit some good trails with.
Sucks to be in an awesome place like Sand Hollow or Green Acres and miss out on good trails, great to have a local to roll with.

Last edited:
I wasn’t asking for help, I just mean if I’m in an area like Oklahoma and I want to know where to get parts, or meet up with someone to hit some good trails with.
Sucks to be in an awesome place like Sand Hollow or Green Acres and miss out on good trails, great to have a local to roll with.
Let me know if your in the Northeast and need anything, Rausch, AOAA, etc. if I can’t help you’ll be surrounded by people who can.

Is this a future, “hey come and watch, like and subscribe to my u-toooob channel “??????
:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

A lot of people say we should do the YouTube thing but I suck at taking the time to take pics and video, I just like to wheel hard and keep the memories. Ain’t saying it won’t happen at some point but for now it’s just some IG and FB post and a couple forums.

If you ever plan on hitting Hawk Pride in Tuscumbia AL give me a heads up. I'm 150 miles away. Only open on weekends and don't bother going if its raining/recently rained, place is miserable unless dry. I have friends that wheel Green Acres often I could put you in touch with. I'm poor so I can't make that drive but once in a while.

If you ever plan on hitting Hawk Pride in Tuscumbia AL give me a heads up. I'm 150 miles away. Only open on weekends and don't bother going if its raining/recently rained, place is miserable unless dry. I have friends that wheel Green Acres often I could put you in touch with. I'm poor so I can't make that drive but once in a while.
Awesome. I’ll be at Windrock and then Choccolocco in February, looping back to GA after that but might make some time to zip over to Hawk Pride for a weekend if I can.

Nice setup. I am in SW PA where the wheeling sucks lately.
You ever get down to Good Evening Ranch? It’s in Canvas, WV. Killer place with some great wheeling there. Camp ground, cabins, bar/restaurant and more all on site. It’s a lot like Golden Mountain used to be. I highly recommend it if you like hard core wheeling. Plenty for mild stuff too.

You ever get down to Good Evening Ranch? It’s in Canvas, WV. Killer place with some great wheeling there. Camp ground, cabins, bar/restaurant and more all on site. It’s a lot like Golden Mountain used to be. I highly recommend it if you like hard core wheeling. Plenty for mild stuff too.
Never been there. We have done the Canaan valley loop and a bunch of trails near Bruceton mills. I will check it out

I’m currently moving out of my house and into a camper with my family of 4 and 2 dogs, and we are going to travel the country for a year or two and wheeling in some awesome places along the way. I’ve sold my 1 ton LS YJ (and literally everything else I owned) and am currently in the market for a 4 seater buggy.
Why'd ya sell your wheeler if you're just going to buy another one? New one will already have to be built if you're planning on traveling/wheeling right away, yes?

Pretty cool that you can afford to pull up stakes for a couple years; what's your plan for edumacating the kids?

You didn’t ask, but Hawk pride is way better than Choc IMO.
I’d really like to check it out.
Absolutely.......did Chocco once and was not impressed. Won't go back.
I’ve been to Chocco once and really enjoyed it. My only complaint was it’s steep, everything there is on a hill that could result in several rolls. But overall I liked it. Harlan is my favorite place, I go several times a year.
Why'd ya sell your wheeler if you're just going to buy another one? New one will already have to be built if you're planning on traveling/wheeling right away, yes?

Pretty cool that you can afford to pull up stakes for a couple years; what's your plan for edumacating the kids?

We already been home schooling them and can make the whole experience educational so long as we don’t go insane.

I sold the YJ cause I intend to buy a used turn key 4 seater like an M&M or similar. There’s one M&M buggy I have my eye on but it’s a touch more than I want to spend but it checks every box and I been thinking hard on it. I just hate to spend a small fortune and still have a LP Dana 60. Granted that’s what was in my YJ with Chromos and BFGs and I beat the crap out of it, and only lost one R&P during that time.

He went to Sand Hollow and now he’s ruined for life.

He went to Sand Hollow and now he’s ruined for life.

Man you ain’t lying. What an amazing place. Some insane lines to chose from, plus if you see something and think you can do it, have at it. There soooo much public land out there open to motorized recreation out there. I spent some time in AZ while out there too. It’s really a different world with just how much they have to wheel out there.

There’s a part of me that really hopes my wife falls in love with that are as well and we just don’t even move back to NC 🤞

Top Back Refresh