What's new

Fuck around and find out (Israel / Palestine version)

I don't have any respect for someone who runs on a platform then suddenly becomes a completely different person once in office, even if I didn't much care for the platform to become with.

Fuck Israel and fuck Ukraine both. They can fight their own damn fights.
To be fair, he changed during stroke recovery.

I don't have any respect for someone who runs on a platform then suddenly becomes a completely different person once in office, even if I didn't much care for the platform to become with.

Fuck Israel and fuck Ukraine both. They can fight their own damn fights.

I am not anywhere PA but I dont recall any platform from him at all. Can you share with us ?

I am not anywhere PA but I dont recall any platform from him at all. Can you share with us ?

He pounded the "progressive" drum HARD. Now he claims he's not a progressive. It'd be like a Republican running as a staunch conservative then scoffing at the notion that he's a conservative once in office.

It'd be like a Republican running as a staunch conservative then scoffing at the notion that he's a conservative once in office.
Gun rights YouTuber Brandon Herrera gains momentum in race against U.S. Rep. Tony Gonzales

2024 TEXAS ELECTIONS

Gun rights YouTuber Brandon Herrera gains momentum in race against U.S. Rep. Tony Gonzales​

Gonzales is taking heat from the right for his vote in support of the bipartisan gun safety bill passed after the Uvalde school shooting.
BY MATTHEW CHOI AND RENZO DOWNEY
MARCH 25, 20242 HOURS AGO

0314%20Brandon%20Herrera%20CL%2040.jpg

Brandon Herrera, Republican candidate for the U.S. House for Texas’ 23rd congressional district, speaks during a campaign event at the Angry Elephant, a politically themed bar, on March 14, 2024 in San Antonio. Credit: Christopher Lee for The Texas Tribune
Sign up for the We the Texans newsletter to receive twice-monthly updates on our year-long initiative dedicated to boosting civic engagement and chronicling how democracy is experienced in Texas.

Editor's note: This story contains explicit language.
WASHINGTON — Stepping out of a recent hearing in the Colorado Legislature to testify against a ban on semi-automatic firearms, pro-gun activist Brandon Herrera griped into a camera about how much he hates these kinds of things.
“I don’t know why I signed up to talk to politicians,” Herrera said, speaking to his 3.3 million gun-loving YouTube subscribers. “I forgot how much I fucking hate doing that.”
He may soon have to.
Herrera, a 28-year-old influencer who made a name for himself online by selling reassembled military-grade weapons and defending gun owners’ rights, is building momentum in his bid to oust U.S. Rep. Tony Gonzales — the lone Texas Republican in the House to vote for gun safety legislation that passed in the wake of the Uvalde school shooting.

It’s that particular vote that motivated Herrera’s unexpected launch into politics.
“If you vote against our interests, if you vote against gun rights, if you vote against the Constitution, “ Herrera told a crowd of gun rights advocates last week in Denver, “we will challenge you, we will primary you and we will win. We will take your fucking job.”
Known for his politically incorrect online persona as “The AK Guy,” he is guns first, and politics second. His entire brand and fanbase surrounds promoting and sensationalizing guns on his YouTube channel where he explains gun history, trolls gun safety advocates, rates his favorite “gun fails” and shoots a variety of firearms.
His crassness and irreverence has offended many on the left and the right. He has no formal political experience and the most high-profile endorsement he has garnered so far is from Florida Congressman Matt Gaetz, who was reportedly scolded by GOP House leadership for campaigning against an incumbent.

Despite those hurdles, Herrera has managed to tap into right-wing ire against Gonzales — who is uniquely vulnerable this election cycle for his moderation on guns, as well as a handful of other policy positions Gonzales’ took over the past two years that put him at odds with the state party.
Ahead of the March 5 primary, Gonzales, a San Antonian, appeared well armed to sail into a third term in the 23rd congressional district. His campaign had raised over $2.8 million before the primary — more than three times Herrera’s haul — and had some of the deepest pockets in politics steadfastly backing him. The district stretches from San Antonio to El Paso and includes more of the border than any other Texas district.
0428%20Tony%20Gonzales%20EL%20TT%2008.jpg

U.S. Rep. Tony Gonzales, R-San Antonio, gives an interview in his office at Rayburn House Office Building in Washington, D.C. on April 28, 2023. Gonzales is a member of the House Appropriations Committees. Credit: Eric Lee for The Texas Tribune
But Gonzales had made enemies in his party’s right flank — a conflict that showed its heft when he failed to secure an outright victory with only 45% of the vote. In 2022, Gonzales won the primary with 78%. It’s Gonzales’ first major challenge since getting elected to Congress and his first race since the Texas Republican Party censured him last year for policy positions the party deemed insufficiently conservative — including his vote on the gun safety bill. Now Gonzales will face off against Herrera in the primary runoff on May 28.
To many of Gonzales’ primary challengers, getting rid of Gonzales was as much the goal as serving in Congress, and they are now all rallying behind Herrera.

“Guess what???? I’m still in this race to make sure you LOSE!!” third-place candidate Julie Clark, who garnered 14% of the primary vote, said on social media to Gonzales.
Gonzales’ campaign did not make him available for an interview for this story.

The edgelord​

Running for Congress was a surprise move to many of Herrera’s followers. He made the announcement at a Young Americans for Liberty event in Florida last August. Though a San Antonio resident now, he had spent much of his life in North Carolina.
His followers largely know him for his YouTube channel, which he said he first started in 2015 as “just some idiot kid making videos with guns.” Often clad in a T-shirt with brushed-back long hair, Herrera delivers monologues like a native of the internet: peppering his speeches with pithy one-liners and laughing when he knows he’s pushing the envelope. He normally speaks from a gaming chair in front of a wall decorated with various firearms.
:usa:

He pounded the "progressive" drum HARD. Now he claims he's not a progressive. It'd be like a Republican running as a staunch conservative then scoffing at the notion that he's a conservative once in office.

I wasn't paying attention to or interested in his election. Only that he was running against a TV Dr who was an outsider and that he didnt campaign as he had the stroke. So, I dont recall he campaigned at all. Maybe he did. I will take him in any event. I see it differently. He is a major embarrassment to his party now and that is a plus.

I wasn't paying attention to or interested in his election. Only that he was running against a TV Dr who was an outsider and that he didnt campaign as he had the stroke. So, I dont recall he campaigned at all. Maybe he did. I will take him in any event. I see it differently. He is a major embarrassment to his party now and that is a plus.

Not like they need more embarrassment. Both parties are an embarrassment and dumbasses keep showing up to vote for them anyway.

Now imagine that guy getting into office on that platform and then getting onboard with magazine capacity restrictions and universal background checks. That's how progressives feel about Fetterman right now. Regardless of whether I agree with a cock sucking politician or not I think it's complete bullshit when they get elected then turncoat on their campaign platform.
We get it;, you feel betrayed :flipoff2::laughing:

We get it;, you feel betrayed :flipoff2::laughing:

Why? I don't agree with his campaign platform nor do I live in his state.

I just think politicians should stay true to the campaign promises that got them voted into office, whether I agree with them or not. That's what they're supposed to do. That's how our government system is supposed to work.

I just think politicians should stay true to the campaign promises that got them voted into office, whether I agree with them or not. That's what they're supposed to do. That's how our government system is supposed to work.
Are you 12? Do you still think life should be fair?

Well, I have asked more than once for clarity, information on his election platform. :confused:

Did he campaign with support for Hamas, Palestinians? I don't understand your logic.

Did he campaign with support for Hamas, Palestinians? I don't understand your logic.

There's a lot of room in between supporting Hamas and supporting genocide of Palestinians. I mean, a LOT of room.

Not ok with genocide but from what I can see is that as long as hamas is in control isreal will be attacked.

Is Hamas in Gaza Collapsing? Signs Point to Yes.​

By Ward Clark | 3:52 PM on March 31, 2024

On Sunday, Israel's Defense Minister Yoav Gallant said in a statement that Hamas in Gaza may be "collapsing from within."

Defense Minister Yoav Gallant said Sunday that senior Hamas operatives captured by troops in the Gaza Strip have told interrogators “the group is collapsing from within.”

“In the last week or two, hundreds of terrorists have been captured and what they say about what happened to them tells the whole story. They say that Hamas is collapsing from within, the price they are paying is very heavy,” Gallant said following an assessment at the 98th Division’s headquarters.

“We’re going to eliminate everyone who was involved in the events of October 7, the junior [officials], the senior ones and the very senior ones; those who were inside [Israel] or who gave instructions,” he said, referring to the date of Palestinian terror group Hamas’s massive attack on Israel that started the ongoing war.

He said the Israel Defense Forces will continue fighting until they reach all terrorists in the Gaza Strip.

The Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) have been making bad Hamas terrorists into good Hamas terrorists since shortly after the Oct. 7th massacre last year, so it's expected that Hamas will reach a breaking point. This would seem to be a data point indicating things are heading in that direction.

The IDF Nahal Brigade’s reconnaissance unit has uncovered caches of weapons and un-alived two more senior Hamas operatives.

The Nahal Brigade’s reconnaissance unit found weapons, including mortars, explosive devices, sniper rifles, assault rifles, handguns and other military equipment hidden inside patient pillows and beds, and in the dropped ceilings and walls of the building, according to the IDF.
Some 350 patients and medical staff at Shifa Hospital were evacuated by the IDF to a “designated compound” in another part of the complex, where the military has provided them with humanitarian aid and supplies.
The reconnaissance unit also encountered and killed senior Hamas operatives Fadi Dweik and Zakaria Najib during a chase and exchange of fire in the maternity ward last week.

Israel has, in the past, exchanged Hamas or other terror group prisoners at a wildly disproportionate rate to get their people back, and that's understandable. Hamas still holds over a hundred Israeli hostages and has refused repeated offers for exchanges; this can't help but present the impression that these hostages may no longer be in any condition to be exchanged. That's a horrible thought, but it's one that Israel will have to confront, especially when considering any possible exchange.

International pressure for a cease-fire notwithstanding, this isn't the time for the IDF to stop revoking Hamas members' birth certificates. From a purely strategic standpoint, intelligence like this tells the IDF precisely what to hit; if the intelligence is accurate and the regular Hamas operatives are suffering from a morale crisis (having a bunch of your buddies forcibly canceled can have that effect), that's just the time to keep up the pressure. And if Hamas's leadership continues to press for a Palestinian state, point them towards Jordan and tell them to start walking.

Wasn't that the justification for the Holocaust?
don't worry about it, sometimes you've just gotta do a little dresden style indescriminite bombing of civilians when you're opposing terrorism
oh wait that sounds bad, but again, don't worry about it

don't worry about it, sometimes you've just gotta do a little dresden style indescriminite bombing of civilians when you're opposing terrorism
oh wait that sounds bad, but again, don't worry about it

I mean, the Zionists came in and displaced all the Arabs and have been running a literal apartheid state. Is there any wonder that they created terrorists?

I mean, the Zionists came in and displaced all the Arabs and have been running a literal apartheid state. Is there any wonder that they created terrorists?
See that right there how you're saying a lot of words and trying to present thoughts as your own?
That's the real terrorism.

Parrot the TV like a good Citizen. The TV wouldn't ever lie.

Being surrounded by (many) tens of millions of angry neighbors who want to drive them to the sea -and have tried many times- may have to do with it.

But what's special about the palestineans? In 1945-6 several million Germans were kicked out of their homes by France, Russia, Czechoslovakia, Poland, who annexed large chunks of Germany... And murdered hundreds of thousands of German civilians in the best einsatzkommando style.

And those millions of Germans, rather than spending 80 years blowing up shit and launching rockets at their neighbors, they moved to whatever was left of Germany and lived productive lives ever since.

In my opinion, this was because in 1945 no one gave a hoot about the Germans, whereas the Pals have had enablers for decades, who could not care less about the Palestineans, but see them as useful pawns.

Most national borders have similar histories of military conquest. But somehow Israel is the one who cannot get away with it. I am generally sympathetic with Israel, but I can see that the Arab inhabitants got a really raw deal. And certainly not only at the hands of Israel - Their arab neighbors want NOTHING to do with the palestineans.

Wasn't that the justification for the Holocaust?
Possibly. In which case given that it has been tried on them time and time again are you surprised they finally learned their lesson that it is fair play? Also I genuinely have zero fucks to give about 99.9% of muslims. Before you say it no im not jewish. Not even circumcised.:flipoff2:

Being surrounded by (many) tens of millions of angry neighbors who want to drive them to the sea -and have tried many times- may have to do with it.

But what's special about the palestineans? In 1945-6 several million Germans were kicked out of their homes by France, Russia, Czechoslovakia, Poland, who annexed large chunks of Germany... And murdered hundreds of thousands of German civilians in the best einsatzkommando style.

And those millions of Germans, rather than spending 80 years blowing up shit and launching rockets at their neighbors, they moved to whatever was left of Germany and lived productive lives ever since.

In my opinion, this was because in 1945 no one gave a hoot about the Germans, whereas the Pals have had enablers for decades, who could not care less about the Palestineans, but see them as useful pawns.

Most national borders have similar histories of military conquest. But somehow Israel is the one who cannot get away with it. I am generally sympathetic with Israel, but I can see that the Arab inhabitants got a really raw deal. And certainly not only at the hands of Israel - Their arab neighbors want NOTHING to do with the palestineans.

Israel is unique. What other nation was created for largely immigrants out of international guilt for a travesty? Like all y'all native Arabs, sucks for you but these folks got a really raw deal and their fairy tales say this land is theirs so... oh well. It's theirs now. Best of luck to y'all I guess.

What I read was that there are Arab Muslims serving in the IDF and in the Government law making body. I could find a link if those facts are questioned. "All the arabs" that have been displaced as adults in 1947 are now dead of old age and the rest are almost 80 yo at a minimum. All, meaning the entire population, was not displaced, not even close to it. I dont think of the original Israelis that moved to Israel as displaced people after the greatest war as Zionists but as resettled refugees. In the end, you and I don't matter except that we can try to decide our country's efforts at solving the region's problems or profiting off of them. Trump pretty much had the place quieted down but sadly we will never know now what could have been.

In the end, you and I don't matter except that we can try to decide our country's efforts at solving the region's problems or profiting off of them.

This is pretty much all I care about. A lot of our consistent issues in the Middle East stem from our unwavering support of all things Israel with a side dish of trying to control oil markets through whatever means necessary.

Top Back Refresh