What's new

Fox coilovers on an '06 LJ?

See this is exactly what we want for my friends LJ. Good thing it's not my $ for the testing. And the rock slayer kit is quite proven. Should be very interesting!
Are you talking about the rock slayer with the super long links? That trash that some kid shows off in JV all the time. That has some of the worst geometry I have ever seen in a suspension. Please rethink.

See this is exactly what we want for my friends LJ. Good thing it's not my $ for the testing. And the rock slayer kit is quite proven. Should be very interesting!

I know nothing about Rock Slayer products other than at the old place that shall not be mentioned, that dude got his ass handed to him by several members when he showed up touting how smart he was and how stupid everyone else was regarding 4 link geometry and suspensions in general. He eventually scurried off with his tail between his legs. :lmao:

I cut the frame off that LJ from the motor mounts forward and rebuilt it out of tube and cut the rear of the frame off right under the drivers seat and remade the rear with rectangle tube. I also did a 3 link and panhard bar in the front even though it was full hydro because I couldn't get it low enough for my liking with triangulated upper links, the engine wasn't having any part of that conversation. :laughing: I highly doubt you are going to find anything even remotely close to it in kit form and your friend will end up with a monster truck.

that dipshit is all over instagram pushing his kits. he claims that his triangulated 4 link front doesn't have any bump steer with any kind of steering setup. props to him for making a "business" from stupid people i guess.

that dipshit is all over instagram pushing his kits. he claims that his triangulated 4 link front doesn't have any bump steer with any kind of steering setup. props to him for making a "business" from stupid people i guess.
Like I said not my $, just a helping hand on the build.

Guess we will find out if it works.

I’ve seen them, they work crappy. Look at his videos he posts everywhere.
Its the vids and the time spent on the phone with my friend that sold him. Guess we will find out.

I'm still rocking 40 year old leaf springs... Anything must be better.

Anyhow, back to the regularly scheduled coilover talk?

Last edited:
I beg to differ.......

0512161922_zpsohjbvrgr.jpg

16" ORI's on a full bodied LJ on 42's with 7" of uptravel. It's no taller than a stock LJ with 4" lift and 33's.
That's not what I'm talking about...

I said full bodied. That thing is anything but. I could just as easily post a picture of my buggy and note that it is 4 inches lower with 7" of bump than my TJ on 2" lift and 35's with 5" of bump. Apples, oranges, something, something.

There appears to be extensive frame mods on at least the front, full cut out re tub work in the rear, etc. That is far from a stock bodied, stock framed rig. Also it appears to be in the monster truck realm I was referring to. 24-26" belly?

I said full bodied. That thing is anything but. I could just as easily post a picture of my buggy and note that it is 4 inches lower with 7" of bump than my TJ on 2" lift and 35's with 5" of bump. Apples, oranges, something, something.

There appears to be extensive frame mods on at least the front, full cut out re tub work in the rear, etc. That is far from a stock bodied, stock framed rig. Also it appears to be in the monster truck realm I was referring to. 24-26" belly?

full body = full frame too?

Definitely a monster truck, we are both over 7' tall........

20160514_090417001_1538446276800.jpg

And it's definitely not full bodied, because look at the factory doors and soft top not fitting because of how much I had to cut it up. :shaking:

I recently pulled a set of 14's off the rear of a buddies lj and swapped them to 12's, it is so much better now. We were able to gain an extra 2.25" of bump travel and use a stiffer spring set. It rides significantly better now. 14's are a ton of shock to package on a full bodied jeep unless you are willing to drive a monster truck. 12's are great on tj/lj's.

Wanna sell them 14's??

I think sombody is butthurt
No more butthurt than you are that a SxS didn't win KOH. :flipoff2:

I'm not picking on that jeep, I'm sure its rad and works great.

We were just talking about fitting a shock in OEM fenders, specifically the rear and you post a picture of a rig that clearly doesn't even have rear inner fenders. Maybe I should have got way more specific and said stock frame too, or maybe you should get better at reading between the lines. :homer:

He's my stock Tj on 39's and 14's w/ a 20" belly. :flipoff2:

20220115_153837.jpg

Last edited:
No more butthurt than you are that a SxS didn't win KOH. :flipoff2:

I'm not picking on that jeep, I'm sure its rad and works great.

We were just talking about fitting a shock in OEM fenders, specifically the rear and you post a picture of a rig that clearly doesn't even have rear inner fenders. Maybe I should have got way more specific and said stock frame too, or maybe you should get better at reading between the lines. :homer:

He's my stock Tj on 40's and 14's w/ a 20" belly. :flipoff2:

20220115_153837.jpg

Mine has a license plate on it, so it more stock than yours. :flipoff2:

The only part of that tub that was cut were the two holes in the stock rear wheel wheels for the ORI's to poke through. I can literally unbolt the tub and swap it out for another stock one with almost zero effort or cutting.

Uncut Jeep LJ tub. Custom chassis but close to oem dimensions.
12" Fox 2.5's mounted on trailing arms but very close the the axle joint. Should leave me room for exhaust and oem fuel tank.
You could fit a 14" but it would have to go behind the rear axle angled towards the rear. 12" shocks are so much easier to fit in there. I spent a lot of time trying to get this low and not cutting the rear inner fenders.
Ignore the rollers they are all I had at the time.

Screenshot 2024-02-12 112503.png

Screenshot 2024-02-12 112558.png

Last edited:
You guys were right about the weight.:beer: I wasn't able to find anyone to do corner weights so off to the CAT scales today.

20240217_220406[1].jpg

Planning on ordering some 2.5 fronts from Accutune this coming week, hopefully with clickers if I can swing it. I will pull some ideas for spring rates off this thread plus see what Accutune thinks. I am going to try to stay with 14's if the compressed/extended numbers work.

I appreciate everyone's input.:beer: Feel free to add any thoughts.

Top Back Refresh