What's new

Fordyce Cisco grove situation?

1) Chevron is cool with it. They have pay showers and Amazon ship to boxes there as well. I always try to buy something from the store just to support them a bit.
The kids that work at the Subway are high as fuck and will fuck up your order.
2)Driving a non plated vehicle across the bridge depends on the officer. I've been waved at by CHP and know people who've been told not to. My guess is their more concerned about dui than anything else.

I've only gone over once from chevron , uneventful with 6 rigs.
This was pre hippies

Sunday on our way back through 1st crossing.
I’m on 39s

60B1A7E7-DEC0-4BB2-8A1E-739459B37254.jpeg
Pretty sure you were up there when my shitbox broke the trackbar Mount and was parked on the trail.

1) Thank you, yea, I always grab some food, ice and gas there and will continue to do so.
2) My hope is an officer would warn you or let you know not cool before throwing the book at you, but also hopeful that they get it is 200 yards and if you aren't doing a burn out across the overpass with two 40s taped to your hands live and let live...

Thanks for the response.

Trying to go to Fordyce this weekend, anyone else going to be up there? PM To swap numbers and try to set this up.

Jimbo

Ya that was Anthony's truck on 36" iroks, flows been bouncing around 250ish. It went over my hood in one spot and was definitely flowing over our laps at 1am Friday night...

Anyone been to meadow lake? Planning on towing there at the end of the month. Pretty sure it will be fine, but with the insane snowfall this year, I'm slightly concerned :laughing:

Anyone been to meadow lake? Planning on towing there at the end of the month. Pretty sure it will be fine, but with the insane snowfall this year, I'm slightly concerned :laughing:
No issue getting to meadow lake on the back roads, they were really smooth actually... lots of large trailers in at Meadow when we were there a few weeks ago.

Buddy recovered a rig from there with an F150 and a trailer without issue.

No issue getting to meadow lake on the back roads, they were really smooth actually... lots of large trailers in at Meadow when we were there a few weeks ago.

Buddy recovered a rig from there with an F150 and a trailer without issue.
Beat me to it. I’m the buddy. Road is well graded. Hwy 89 is freshly paved.

Good to hear.

has anyone ever done the loop from meadow down to the eagle lake trail head? I'd like to run the whole trail on Saturday, but I really hate driving down from meadow and then right back up.

Google maps shows a loop to the north, I'm guessing mostly dirt roads?

1) Chevron is cool with it. They have pay showers and Amazon ship to boxes there as well. I always try to buy something from the store just to support them a bit.
The kids that work at the Subway are high as fuck and will fuck up your order.
2)Driving a non plated vehicle across the bridge depends on the officer. I've been waved at by CHP and know people who've been told not to. My guess is their more concerned about dui than anything else.
Those fuckers in subway will over charge you for your sandwich too. Watch out when you get to the register.

Good to hear.

has anyone ever done the loop from meadow down to the eagle lake trail head? I'd like to run the whole trail on Saturday, but I really hate driving down from meadow and then right back up.

Google maps shows a loop to the north, I'm guessing mostly dirt roads?
You could go up past Jackson Meadow and get on Bowman lake road and take that down to highway 20. It's all easy gravel fireroad and a beautiful drive. Just watch out for the broverlanders and head ons with sxs goofballs. That would leave about 5-10 miles of highway 20/highway 80 to Indian staging for Eagle Lakes.

Those fuckers in subway will over charge you for your sandwich too. Watch out when you get to the register.

Any amount of money is being overcharged for subway :barf:

:flipoff2:

You could go up past Jackson Meadow and get on Bowman lake road and take that down to highway 20. It's all easy gravel fireroad and a beautiful drive. Just watch out for the broverlanders and head ons with sxs goofballs. That would leave about 5-10 miles of highway 20/highway 80 to Indian staging for Eagle Lakes.

Is an hour or so a realistic time line?

We have 1 unregistered truck in our group, so I'm not sure if 20 miles of highway is a good idea. :laughing:

Any amount of money is being overcharged for subway :barf:

:flipoff2:

Is an hour or so a realistic time line?

We have 1 unregistered truck in our group, so I'm not sure if 20 miles of highway is a good idea. :laughing:
After coming off the trail hungry, food is food. I'm not picky. :smokin:

Between an hour to hour and a half for the bowman lake section. And the Highway 20/Highway 80 section is about 5-10 miles, not 20 miles.

On a similar Fordyce route planning quandary, if you wanted to get from Committee Crossing to Eagle lakes, but avoid running the lower half of Fordyce, and avoid I80, I think you could go up to Fordyce Lake, then up to Signal Peak, then back down to Eagle Lakes rd. I've never done it, any idea how long that would take?

Just ran the loop you are talking about last week. Ran down from meadow to committee then out to chevron for fuel. Down to eagle lake and up the whole trail. It took us about 13 hrs, casual wheeling

On a similar Fordyce route planning quandary, if you wanted to get from Committee Crossing to Eagle lakes, but avoid running the lower half of Fordyce, and avoid I80, I think you could go up to Fordyce Lake, then up to Signal Peak, then back down to Eagle Lakes rd. I've never done it, any idea how long that would take?

It’s been a while since I’ve hit that but Fordyce lake, up to signal, and down to Indian staging could be done in like 30 minutes if you pick the easier routes. There are branching sections that can take longer. Definitely in under an hour.

I've never been to signal, but that's not a bad idea, still would have to run meadow to committee, which kinda sucks.

im guessing the so called $5 trail is closed since the idiots bought the campground?

Just ran the loop you are talking about last week. Ran down from meadow to committee then out to chevron for fuel. Down to eagle lake and up the whole trail. It took us about 13 hrs, casual wheeling

That's not a bad idea to fuel up there and grab snacks and shit.

That's the plan. Hopefully we can dirtbag my buddy into driving his rig on the road :laughing:

im guessing the so called $5 trail is closed since the idiots bought the campground?
That's my understanding. The entrance to the campground is very blocked off, and there's enough equipment and construction going on, that I'm pretty sure someone would stop you.

That's my understanding. The entrance to the campground is very blocked off, and there's enough equipment and construction going on, that I'm pretty sure someone would stop you.

Do they have the rights to block the trail? I'd think that there should be an easement through there to access that trail, but who knows.

Blows my mind that an anti Motorsports group would buy such a Motorsports oriented place. :homer:

Do they have the rights to block the trail? I'd think that there should be an easement through there to access that trail, but who knows.

Blows my mind that an anti Motorsports group would buy such a Motorsports oriented place. :homer:
Its my understanding that they own the property the first half of the trail is on.

Its my understanding that they own the property the first half of the trail is on.

Yes, but if there is a legal easement, they should not be able to block it. It's just a matter of someone pressing the issue or not.

That or maybe there is not a legal easement and it was just a handshake deal between the old owners and the uses :confused:

Yes, but if there is a legal easement, they should not be able to block it. It's just a matter of someone pressing the issue or not.

That or maybe there is not a legal easement and it was just a handshake deal between the old owners and the uses :confused:
My understanding was that it was never an easment. Pay them $5 and they will let you cross thier property

I'm not a property lawyer, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night, but I think the fact that they historically charged $5 for access to the trail means that there's not a legal case for an implied or prescriptive easement.

2bb beat me to it.

You guys are probably right, I personally never paid, so I don't know where that even came from. Maybe it was included in parking fees?

Who owns the rest of that trail?

Top Back Refresh