What's new

Fordyce Cisco grove situation?

There are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday runs.
If you get caught going against the grain (going West) during one of the runs you will be stuck basically all day. You might be able to get a little bit of movement in between groups, but It's basically a train of about 100 rigs or something that arrive at WH1 around 10AM or so and usually doesn't clear Committee Crossing until like 3 PM or so.

If you're going to try to slip in, do your moving real early and plan to get stuck, or go well into the afternoon.
Thanks for the info, I will relay it to the rest of my group, sounds like a fuckered time

Can you go right after ST?
Flows will be low for sure.
You can come up Saturday for dinner and drinks (full bar at Meadow Lake), watch the shit show and swim Sunday than take a casual couple days to go down trail.

Whoops, lost track of it all. LOL and I have ran ST a couple times and worked WH volunteer crew... :homer:

There's only Thursday and Friday runs you have to worry about. Saturday is some thing that goes on fireroads towards 89 or something. I've never done that. Wheeling on Saturday is just regular traffic.

Those dates got picked for some of the groups PTO allowance I think, so we might just switch to the Rubicon if anything

Is it comparable to the crowds on the Rubicon for 4th if July weekend? Worse?
Its different every year. Last year I was on Rubicon for the 4th weekend and it was dead, hardly anyone out there. Some years its slammed.

Its different every year. Last year I was on Rubicon for the 4th weekend and it was dead, hardly anyone out there. Some years its slammed.
Last year for the 4th the toilets still got destroyed though :shaking: although not as bad as the year prior jesus

I am interested in Rattlesnake status as well...

Does anyone have experience parking at the Meadow Lake trailhead? Safe area to leave a truck and trailer for a weekend?

Does anyone have experience parking at the Meadow Lake trailhead? Safe area to leave a truck and trailer for a weekend?
I've camped there and its a ways off of the paved road, and the paved road is a ways off from I80

I would imagine its fine but I'm curious what other people say

I've done it once before when I knew we'd hit snow well before meadow lake. It wasn't all weekend, but no issues.

If it were me, I'd drive in further and find a spot to pull off, just cause.

I'm 98% that you can't drive a non street legal vehicle till you hit the dirt road on Meadow lake road.
But yes, it's generally safe to park there.

Hey guys, would like to come out September-ish but schedule is wide open and run Fordyce. Ran the Rubicon but never Fordyce so don’t know much about it. Anyone what to show us around? Let's get a Irate4x4 group together and go wheelin! Im wheeling a shitbox XJ on tons.
1000005087.jpg

Top Back Refresh