What's new

Fordyce Cisco grove situation?

Ha
Just saw that as well.
Looks like it's pretty deep and flowing good.

1000004372.jpg

How's the trail (mostly the crossings) the weekend before sierra trek? My group is considering that weekend for a run

Also, my Tacomas low range is shit but I'd like to bring it instead of the 81 this year. It's done turkeyclaw, sun bonnet and blue berry in JV, and would do fine on the Rubicon, how does Fordyce compare to those? Close enough to Tuesday :flipoff2::homer:

Last edited:
How's the trail (mostly the crossings) the weekend before sierra trek? My group is considering that weekend for a run

They usually drop it for trek, but that could mean that they will run it high flow the week before. Hard to say.

Also, my Tacomas low range is shit but I'd like to bring it instead of the 81 this year. It's done turkeyclaw, sun bonnet and blue berry in JV, and would do fine on the Rubicon, how does Fordyce compare to those? Close enough to Tuesday :flipoff2::homer:

I'm not super familiar with those, but Fordyce is not an easy trail and there are a lot of steep areas, add in all the wieght of gear for camping and I think you might not have much fun with stock low range.

Add in the difficulty of the optional winch hills and I'd think you would have more fun in the 81.

They usually drop it for trek, but that could mean that they will run it high flow the week before. Hard to say.

I'm not super familiar with those, but Fordyce is not an easy trail and there are a lot of steep areas, add in all the wieght of gear for camping and I think you might not have much fun with stock low range.

Add in the difficulty of the optional winch hills and I'd think you would have more fun in the 81.
Definitely want to hit the hard lines, so the 81 it is, hopefully the water lever will be in our favor. The Tacoma is more water tight than the 81

Freinds of fordyce , pge and the ranger's are of limited information output on this subject from my experience.
I'm a lowrider so I'll be praying for the drawdown to happen again this goround at the Contractors getting it done stage...

Definitely want to hit the hard lines, so the 81 it is, hopefully the water lever will be in our favor. The Tacoma is more water tight than the 81

Worst case if the flows are high you can start at meadow lake wheel down to committee and back out meadow without having to do any crossings

Who's in for a run?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240827_075213_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240827_075213_Chrome.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 3
Top Back Refresh